Value of: Vancouver Vs Colorado Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Changed the title of the thread cause clearly that’s what the thread has become about

Anyways, y’all want Miller or what. We’ll throw in Myers as well to sweeten the package
Vancouver’s entire dilemma is you’ve either traded or extended all the assets you have that are valuable or interesting.

No one wants or needs Garland, Myers, Boeser, OEL. JT Miller is much less interesting at $8mm for most of the next decade when he’s already turned 30.

Vancouver is pretty locked into their current roster for the next few seasons. It doesn’t work, everyone knows it, but there is no league wide demand for most of your unwanted misfit toys.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
This could be generalized pretty much across the board for trade proposals, but I think one of the most hilarious things we see consistently is that when a team's fans ask for a particular player in a trade, and the other team's fans say "no, you can't have them", it's 100% the same reaction as guy getting rejected at the bar energy. Instead of taking it in stride, or negotiating further, it's immediately "well so-and-so is terrible and we don't want them anyways!", which is akin to "well you're ugly, and I was just joking anyways!".

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You should hope Byram becomes anything close to Hughes

From a transition/passing perspective yes, but we'd also want Byram to be an impact player on both ends of the ice to create the ultimate byram-makar cup 2.0 pairing.

I think it's very feasible Byram have seasons like Toews last year, (72 points in 86 games) and tilt the ice ridiculously.

Last edited:
Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
From a transition/passing perspective yes, but we'd also want Byram to be an impact player on both ends of the ice to create the ultimate byram-makar cup 2.0 pairing.

I think it's very feasible Byram have seasons like Toews last year, (72 points in 86 games) and tilt the ice ridiculously.
Byram was awesome in front of his own met last night. Handled Matthews and took the puck right off Marner’s stick. Kid can really play. He’s already better defensively than Hughes will ever be. Byram is larger and far more physical.

Byram didn’t have much impact offensively. But his D was sick.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This could be generalized pretty much across the board for trade proposals, but I think one of the most hilarious things we see consistently is that when a team's fans ask for a particular player in a trade, and the other team's fans say "no, you can't have them", it's 100% the same reaction as guy getting rejected at the bar energy. Instead of taking it in stride, or negotiating further, it's immediately "well so-and-so is terrible and we don't want them anyways!", which is akin to "well you're ugly, and I was just joking anyways!".
Me at the bar when I was actually young .
Go up to a girl way out of my league ( not hard to do ) . Ask her to dance and when she inevitably says no. Respond with :

Huh?
“ Oh ! You thought I asked you to dance !? No , I said You look fat in those pants “

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What does Vancouver have to bring to a horsetrade where Byram and Newhook are involved? I can’t see anything realistic. The 7th overall pick in 2023 may appeal to a rebuilding team but that’s not Colorado.

in your scenario, Vancouver is approaching the Avs at a bar as a fat, 6’4, ugly man in a wig with bright red lipstick 💄 .. but the Avs aren’t into that sort of thing. How do you negotiate farther? it’s just not ever going to happen.

There is nothing Vancouver has to offer they’d be willing to part with (EP). And nothing short of that the Avs would want.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
What does Vancouver have to bring to a horsetrade where Byram and Newhook are involved? I can’t see anything realistic. The 7th overall pick in 2023 may appeal to a rebuilding team but that’s not Colorado.

in your scenario, Vancouver is approaching the Avs at a bar as a fat, 6’4, ugly man in a wig with bright red lipstick 💄 .. but the Avs aren’t into that sort of thing. How do you negotiate farther? it’s just not ever going to happen.

There is nothing Vancouver has to offer they’d be willing to part with (EP). And nothing short of that the Avs would want.
Uh...that's a weird interpretation of my post. To appropriately use my post with yours it would be Vancouver approaching the Avs as a fat, 6'4" ugly man in a wig with bright red lipstick only for the Avs to say no, followed by said fat, 6'4" ugly man in a wig with bright red lipstick trying to put down the Avs. So very different situations.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Girard is a poor version of Hughes. Worse offensively but similar defensive. He's not really that much worse overall since if he gets pp1 time, his points would go up.
They are only similar defensively in the minds of deluded Avs fans. Hughes is posting positive results on a bottom 10 team in the league carrying around 6-7s. Girard can't even do that on one of the better teams in the league.

True, but they don't know that :laugh:
Considering your "worse version of Girard" take we certainly know more than you :laugh:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
They are only similar defensively in the minds of deluded Avs fans. Hughes is posting positive results on a bottom 10 team in the league carrying around 6-7s. Girard can't even do that on one of the better teams in the league.

Considering your "worse version of Girard" take we certainly know more than you :laugh:
Bad teams have way more deluded fans cause they can't connect the fact that bad teams have bad players.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: McJedi and Grinner

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Uh...that's a weird interpretation of my post. To appropriately use my post with yours it would be Vancouver approaching the Avs as a fat, 6'4" ugly man in a wig with bright red lipstick only for the Avs to say no, followed by said fat, 6'4" ugly man in a wig with bright red lipstick trying to put down the Avs. So very different situations.
Vancouver has zero good ELC assets the Avs would covet. When you take Kuzmenko, Hughes and EP off the table, Vancouver has just one trade worthy asset. Demko. It’s a really hard team to work trades. They have so little to work with.

Reactions: PuckG

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I constantly feel like this is a reality. Their loss. Incredible performance.

And I honestly feel that other teams are lucky to have their best D crack our top 3. Some teams yes. But Makar, Toews, Byram...are you kidding me?!
Leafs D aren’t great but they’re deep. I’d take Rielly over Towes and Byram in a playoff series

• Haha
Reactions: Ararana

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Only thing I take away from this trash bin of a thread is that Quinn Hughes is hella underated by opposing fans.
And Boeser is still a member of the Vancouver Canucks.

every other bad team traded away players for picks to tank for this lottery and load up on picks but Vancouver couldn’t make deals and now they are speeding past the other also rans right out of a high lottery pick.

classic Vancouver. Go get another big w over Arizona to lock in that 9th overall pick.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
And Hella overrated by Vancouver fans. :laugh:
I would love to show me how overrated he is, is it the fact that his defence is drastically improved, or the fact that he’s probably going to drop 80 points this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad