Proposal: Vancouver - Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You're delusional. And your team is in last place...so there's that. Enjoy.
Well as long as we dont have a Chiarelli mess, like trading Hall for a bag of pucks or trading Eberle for nothing, am ok with that. Not sure why you are so obssessed about our team when you dont even know what the problem is. The problem is the rookie coach and his rookie assistant. Bring in Boudreaux or Babcock and then you will see this team doing way better. Retool that defense over the summer keep OEL and Hughes and this team will become even better. Coaching has got this teams young star players down so they are not really buying what Green is selling. Its pretty obvious because lots of pundits and experts say the Canucks roster is underperforming. Look at the possession% and Canucks are top 5in the league. Just need a coach that can coach in NHL not Green, Willie D or another AHL scrub that cant coach a highschool team.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If you dont care then dont cry if Canucks fans criticize knee jerk trades just to devalue our players. Knee jerk trades almost always never work.

You can't play the victim card regarding devaluing your players when you say things like it would be Boeser for Byram. Could you be more obnoxiously daft? If Vancouver were to try to trade for Byram, it would be Petterson and Vancouver would be adding. So spare everyone the nonsense of devaluing players on a last place team in the middle of a locker room crisis.

Reactions: Alienblood

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You can't play the victim card regarding devaluing your players when you say things like it would be Boeser for Byram. Could you be more obnoxiously daft? If Vancouver were to try to trade for Byram, it would be Petterson and Vancouver would be adding. So spare everyone the nonsense of devaluing players on a last place team in the middle of a locker room crisis.
No I dont think Canucks will trade Pettersson and add to it when last year people were talking about Petersson having same value as Matthews. One bad season and his worth just a bag of pucks? That would be dumb for Benning to do and would get fired on the spot. The last time Canucks made dumb trades was Nealy for a bag of pucks. Also Byram is playing in his first season so the sample size is small. Petersson had 2 great season earlier and won the Calder. Covid and injuries threw him off but that doesnt mean Canucks should trade him for a bag of puck.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Well as long as we dont have a Chiarelli mess, like trading Hall for a bag of pucks or trading Eberle for nothing, am ok with that. Not sure why you are so obssessed about our team when you dont even know what the problem is. The problem is the rookie coach and his rookie assistant. Bring in Boudreaux or Babcock and then you will see this team doing way better. Retool that defense over the summer keep OEL and Hughes and this team will become even better. Coaching has got this teams young star players down so they are not really buying what Green is selling. Its pretty obvious because lots of pundits and experts say the Canucks roster is underperforming. Look at the possession% and Canucks are top 5in the league. Just need a coach that can coach in NHL not Green, Willie D or another AHL scrub that cant coach a highschool team.

You should really be more aware of certain things that affect value. Your team just had a locker room crisis less than a week ago.

In the meantime, look at whats already happening. Montreal brought in a different GM who isn't married to the current players on the roster. So Montreal represents a possible trade partner for teams across the league. Someone will probably take a chance on E Kane. You also have DeBrusk asking for a trade. And this was only by the end of November. But on the horizon, look at San Jose. They're about to be passed up by Vegas and LA. So San Jose could be sellers by the trade deadline. And then you have Giroux as a target. Same with Forsberg depending on how things go with the Predators.

It's not exactly shaping up to be a sellers market, in case you're not aware of how scarcity affects supply and demand. Again, it's only the end of November.

It might be helpful to consider these realities instead of acting offended or disrespected. When it's a buyers market, teams are able to be more scrutionous in what they might offer.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
No I dont think Canucks will trade Pettersson and add to it when last year people were talking about Petersson having same value as Matthews. One bad season and his worth just a bag of pucks? That would be dumb for Benning to do and would get fired on the spot. The last time Canucks made dumb trades was Nealy for a bag of pucks. Also Byram is playing in his first season so the sample size is small. Petersson had 2 great season earlier and won the Calder. Covid and injuries threw him off but that doesnt mean Canucks should trade him for a bag of puck.

Alex Newhook has been more productive in his first 15 NHL games than Petterson has in his last 23 NHL games. And this is while playing 5 minutes less per game.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Elias Pettersson was more productive in his first 15 games though. What's your point?

What's more relevant than what's most recent?

A Vancouver fan recently made a valid observation that his current funk is likely connected to how he was treated when he arrived at his current deal. The observation speculated that he's likely bitter because the front office took care of everyone else first - they signed a lot of guys befor coming around to him. And when it came to him, they were, sorry, this is all we can afford. So he was forced to take less.

If this is true, there's no way of knowing if and when he'll come out of this. Last year wasn't especially good for him. And if it's another season like that, the next thing you know, that's what he is as a player and his early years are a memory. It might alreayd be that way now.

Last edited:

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007

A Vancouver fan recently made a valid observation that his current funk is likely connected to how he was treated when he arrived at his current deal. The observation speculated that he's likely bitter because the front office took care of everyone else first - they signed a lot of guys befor coming around to him. And when it came to him, they were, sorry, this is all we can afford. So he was forced to take less.

If this is true, there's no way of knowing if and when he'll come out of this. Last year wasn't especially good for him. And if it's another season like that, the next thing you know, that's what he is as a player and his early years are a memory. It might alreayd be that way now.

You're comparing 2 random points of 2 separate players' careers on different teams during completely opposite franchise trajectories. Are you trying to imply Newhook is better based off that? Is he playing better now or is he the better player overall? And what means more? It's just a straw man argument. Maybe wait more than 15 games before you start comparing a rookies career to someone else. I mean, at least wait until Newhook wins the calder.

The rest of your comment is filled with wild assumptions and speculation so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I hope Newhook develops into a terrific player, I really do. Consider your franchise lucky if he achieves what Pettersson has in such a short period of time because not many players do.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Avs fans are just mad because we dont want to give them our best asset for one of their disposable players. I mean if Canucks would trade with Avs, it would be Boeser for Byram not Horvat for Girard. Or even Horvat for Byram makes a lot more sense than Horvat for Girard. One bad season for Horvat which he still does somethings right like faceoffs and his value drops worst than Enron stocks.
Your own most disposable asset ?
Hell no to Boeser

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
That doesn’t help him put up points this year

edit: he’s also playing with better individual offensive talent than he has in his career. Why is he not producing?

It happens...do you know why the Avs have Mack on such a good deal...he had a drop in production and you have a good GM

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

Kid gets paid too much to be sour how the contract unfolded...is he wrong for being annoyed at being left till the end while we gave other random players contracts NO, but that is sports such it up you rich effin millionaire!

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
"Boeser for Byram"? LOL

I never said that was a trade I support, I know Byram has more value than Boeser, so you wanna try that again?

And while your at it, explain to the rest of your fanbase that we don't want Girard, and we damn sure ain't giving up one of our top players for him.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You should really be more aware of certain things that affect value. Your team just had a locker room crisis less than a week ago.

In the meantime, look at whats already happening. Montreal brought in a different GM who isn't married to the current players on the roster. So Montreal represents a possible trade partner for teams across the league. Someone will probably take a chance on E Kane. You also have DeBrusk asking for a trade. And this was only by the end of November. But on the horizon, look at San Jose. They're about to be passed up by Vegas and LA. So San Jose could be sellers by the trade deadline. And then you have Giroux as a target. Same with Forsberg depending on how things go with the Predators.

It's not exactly shaping up to be a sellers market, in case you're not aware of how scarcity affects supply and demand. Again, it's only the end of November.

It might be helpful to consider these realities instead of acting offended or disrespected. When it's a buyers market, teams are able to be more scrutionous in what they might offer.

Who said Canucks are selling though? All these rumors are just that, rumors. Canucks need to do other things before they start trading players right away. I don't get why people here think Canucks are forced to trade away their best players because they think there was a "locker room crisis". Canucks will not do a major trade because Benning is not authorized to do so. You think Aqualini is going to let Benning trade Petersson now?

Reactions: John Mandalorian

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I never said that was a trade I support, I know Byram has more value than Boeser, so you wanna try that again?

And while your at it, explain to the rest of your fanbase that we don't want Girard, and we damn sure ain't giving up one of our top players for him.
What I don't get from people here, especially Avs fans, is the fact that they think Canucks are FORCED to do trades now and they need to get rid of their best players now when it is probably not beneficial to Canucks since we haven't even fired Green or Benning. They just want to get our players for pennies and make out like bandits. The big problem right now is coaching and last game I have noticed they have made slight changes to how they PK which has improved penalty killing and also new lines playing. Its not a coincidence that we see wins, albeit against weak teams like Habs and Sens but the fact is those changes made the team look better. So in my mind, bad coaching is the root of Canucks problems.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yes, he could be you.

Reactions: Cogburn and AslanRH

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Alex Newhook has been more productive in his first 15 NHL games than Petterson has in his last 23 NHL games. And this is while playing 5 minutes less per game.
Miller has been more productive in his last game compared to Mackinnon as he had 1 goal and 2 assists compared to Mac's measly 2 assists. I think you guys should trade Mac for Miller.

Reactions: Back in 94

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Who said Canucks are selling though? All these rumors are just that, rumors. Canucks need to do other things before they start trading players right away. I don't get why people here think Canucks are forced to trade away their best players because they think there was a "locker room crisis". Canucks will not do a major trade because Benning is not authorized to do so. You think Aqualini is going to let Benning trade Petersson now?

It was reported that Benning needs to trade a lockerroom cancer. That’s what set this whole discussion into motion.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Because this year everyone seems bad. Why is Boeser not producing? Pettersson? Doesnt mean we shpuld trade all of them for a bag of pucks. Teams make stupidest trades when they are struggling. Hope Benning is not authorized to do any trades unless he is trading scrubs.
No ones saying trade him except Vancouver fans.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Girard + Newhook for Pettersson + Rathbone.

A MacKinnon - Pettersson 1-2 punch down the middle would be second to only McDavid - Draisaitl. I think they can afford to downgrade Girard to Rathbone when they have Makar, Bryam, Toews, EJ, Barron.

Vancouver moves a player who as talented as he is seems to want out to a contender which is Colorado. If he’s not happy in Vancouver or with management is he going to turn it around? I don’t know. They improve the D core with a D signed to a great contract and Newhook has high potential top 6c and a needed entry level contract.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Girard + Newhook for Pettersson + Rathbone.

A MacKinnon - Pettersson 1-2 punch down the middle would be second to only McDavid - Draisaitl. I think they can afford to downgrade Girard to Rathbone when they have Makar, Bryam, Toews, EJ, Barron.

Vancouver moves a player who as talented as he is seems to want out to a contender which is Colorado. If he’s not happy in Vancouver or with management is he going to turn it around? I don’t know. They improve the D core with a D signed to a great contract and Newhook has high potential top 6c and a needed entry level contract.

Again, no want or need for Girardi, and Newhook isn't replacing Pettersson. No thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad