Proposal: Vancouver - Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

It's like you read what I wrote and completely ignored it. He is nothing like Rielly. He is nothing like Hughes. He plays like Spurgeon.
But Spurgeon is an excellent defensive dman and Girard is not. So I disagree with your analysis. I am not say8ng his is like Tyson Barrie where he is completely inept in his oen end nut he is far from elite defensively. Serviceable would be the right word

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
But Spurgeon is an excellent defensive dman and Girard is not. So I disagree with your analysis. I am not say8ng his is like Tyson Barrie where he is completely inept in his oen end nut he is far from elite defensively. Serviceable would be the right word
Again, you have no idea what kind of a player Sam Girard is. He has been lauded as a defense-first D since his days in the QMJHL, but you do you and post semi-legible one-liners.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What does that have to do with anything? I've seen Girard play many times.
Canucks aren't trading their captain and a 2nd round pick for a redundant player.

Girard is redundant. AVs need to change the offered player to RHD or prospects/picks.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
It's like you read what I wrote and completely ignored it. He is nothing like Rielly. He is nothing like Hughes. He plays like Spurgeon.

I have a feeling this guy might be Girard……

Let’s be honest, yeah he is a good dman. Cool.
He is also an undersized dman who can’t handle net front battles and loses a good amount of board battles.
He moves the puck and has stick work like a beast. Great skating.
Defence is better than people think.
Offence isn’t as good as people think.

He isn’t amazing, and to be offended every time someone doesn’t say the exact same thing as you is dumb.

The guy is good, but not half as amazing as you think.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
This thought for the trade is strenghtening both teams. Colorado has a very good blueline, but could use a Top6 player to split Rantanen/MacKinnon. They are top-heavy, but depth has been an issue. Now when MacKinnon has been out, Rantanen has still scored a lot as a C.
Vancouver could use another young puckmoving defender on a nice contract.

Colorado get:
- Bo Horvat 5.5M UFA 2023
- 2nd 2022

Vancouver get
- Samuel Girard 5.0M UFA 2027

Salaries are a wash. Vancouver add the pick because Girard is signed long-term. Byram will take Girards place on the team.

No thanks, please stop, as fans with no control over the team , we don't support trading one of our best players for Girard, who is not a need on this team.

Not Bo, not Petey, not Boeser, not Miller, please stop.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No thanks, please stop, as fans with no control over the team , we don't support trading one of our best players for Girard, who is not a need on this team.

Not Bo, not Petey, not Boeser, not Miller, please stop.
I don’t think Vancouver is just going to run it back much longer. Someone from your list above won’t be on Vancouver much longer. Really doubt Colorado is the trade partner though.

Moving Horvat is your best chance to actually win a trade. Should shop him to Minnesota and demand one of Rossi or Boldy in return. Take a cap dump like Rask to make the math work.

Horvat for Boldy, Rask and a second rounder?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I don’t think Vancouver is just going to run it back much longer. Someone from your list above won’t be on Vancouver much longer. Really doubt Colorado is the trade partner though.

Moving Horvat is your best chance to actually win a trade. Should shop him to Minnesota and demand one of Rossi or Boldy in return. Take a cap dump like Rask to make the math work.

Horvat for Boldy, Rask and a second rounder?

I don't think you'll find a Wild fan that likes that lol

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Gotta pay to play. Top six Cs in their prime don’t move teams for a collection of bit parts. Value for value. Or else, why would Vancouver trade him?

I agree but I think the Wild hold on to their prospects pretty tightly given their cap situation. If they wouldn't trade one of em for Eichel they surely don't for Horvat.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Byram is an LD. Vancouver doesn’t need any LDs. LOL.

Any team, let alone a basement team that should be rebuilding like Vancouver, would be interested in Byram.

OEL is going to be a millstone. Having your top-two pairs led by Hughes and Bryam? Yeah, that'll do.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Any team, let alone a basement team that should be rebuilding like Vancouver, would be interested in Byram.

OEL is going to be a millstone. Having your top-two pairs led by Hughes and Bryam? Yeah, that'll do.

No. Your fellow Canucks fans made it very clear, a LD is not what they need.

They have comparable potential probably. However, Byram isn’t underperforming and his salary is a lot less for the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: McJedi

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
No. Your fellow Canucks fans made it very clear, a LD is not what they need.

They have comparable potential probably. However, Byram isn’t underperforming and his salary is a lot less for the next couple of years.
If the asset being offered is Byram quality you take the LHD - this was never a realistic part of the discussion. Being obtuse because you don't like that Vancouver fans aren't willing to add to Horvat to get Girard - says a little something about you.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
If the asset being offered is Byram quality you take the LHD - this was never a realistic part of the discussion. Being obtuse because you don't like that Vancouver fans aren't willing to add to Horvat to get Girard - says a little something about you.

You'd have to add for Byram.

Reactions: Alienblood

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
You'd have to add for Byram.
Nucks would have to believe that Byram is healthy to take that risk. But anyway if Byram is healthy he should be on the untouchable list considering how good he has been so far and his ELC status. I'm still surprised with his ability to read plays and his pinch ins while also being good defensively. Hurt to think how Byram could've helped in the playoffs against Vegas compared to Graves terrible pinch in and Nemeth braindead plays.

Reactions: Alienblood

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Nucks would have to believe that Byram is healthy to take that risk. But anyway if Byram is healthy he should be on the untouchable list considering how good he has been so far and his ELC status. I'm still surprised with his ability to read plays and his pinch ins while also being good defensively. Hurt to think how Byram could've helped in the playoffs against Vegas compared to Graves terrible pinch in and Nemeth braindead plays.

Don't care. What you mentioned doesn't lower the price. I'm not really interested in the Avs trading him, tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad