Proposal: Vancouver - Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Don't care. What you mentioned doesn't lower the price. I'm not really interested in the Avs trading him, tbh.
For us I agree that it shouldn't lower the price but it certainly does for teams that trade an established top 6 center for a dman that had been sidelined for almost a year and earlier this season.

Not remotely interested in trading him either. Small sample size but from what I've seen yeah untouchable category to me.

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Could you imagine Byram for Petterson though? Everyone wants Kadri to walk next year because of his ask. If we get Petterson and he gets out of his slump that would be a nasty top 6.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Could you imagine Byram for Petterson though? Everyone wants Kadri to walk next year because of his ask. If we get Petterson and he gets out of his slump that would be a nasty top 6.
That would be a nasty top 6 but in order to fit him I guess we would've to buy out or trade EJ, Byram going the other way and probably more. That would cripple us defensively running with :
Toews-Makar
Girard-JJ?
Murray/MacDermid-Barron?
MacDonald?

Lately our offense has been running through our defense and this is without Mackinnon. I would rather keep that defense over upgrading in front.

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
That would be a nasty top 6 but in order to fit him I guess we would've to buy out or trade EJ, Byram going the other way and probably more. That would cripple us defensively running with :
Toews-Makar
Girard-JJ?
Murray/MacDermid-Barron?
MacDonald?

Lately our offense has been running through our defense and this is without Mackinnon. I would rather keep that defense over upgrading in front.
I remember reading a post on here saying that cups are won primarily because of 1C and you can forgo a 1D. We have Makar as our 1D as well as solid 2D in Toews. I was thinking something like:

Landeskog - MacK - RW (Bura, Rants)
LW (Trade?) - Petterson - Rantanen
Nuke - Newhook - LOC
NAK - Jost - Helm

Toews - Girard
JJ - Makar
Barron - MacDonald

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I remember reading a post on here saying that cups are won primarily because of 1C and you can forgo a 1D. We have Makar as our 1D as well as solid 2D in Toews. I was thinking something like:

Landeskog - MacK - RW (Bura, Rants)
LW (Trade?) - Petterson - Rantanen
Nuke - Newhook - LOC
NAK - Jost - Helm

Toews - Girard
JJ - Makar
Barron - MacDonald
That forward group would be awesome but I wouldn't trust this defense against a heavy forecheck team ala Vegas. I think we're underrating EJ's presence so far this year he has been a really good all around dman. Steady, block shots, plays physical and can contribute offensively. Byram's reads has been so impressive so far he could've scored at least 2-3 goals against Nashville if shots weren't blocked.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
they should trade their own tiny d

Hughes with Horvat or Pettersson for MacK and Girardi.

Seriously though, why trade player for what you're selling as an upgrade, just to trade a player in high demand to help Colorado out? No one outside of Colorado's fandom cares about helping Colorado for nothing but a warm fuzzy.

Reactions: Tempo

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Hughes with Horvat or Pettersson for MacK and Girardi.

Seriously though, why trade player for what you're selling as an upgrade, just to trade a player in high demand to help Colorado out? No one outside of Colorado's fandom cares about helping Colorado for nothing but a warm fuzzy.

I think he was suggesting that if you think your current players are so great, the Avs should keep Girard and watch your team struggle until you finally realize some of your players aren’t so great. And only then do you realize you should be realistic about trading them.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I like how you said under .5ppg as he has 11pts in 23gp this year. BUT for his career his PPG stands at 0.87...
That doesn’t help him put up points this year

edit: he’s also playing with better individual offensive talent than he has in his career. Why is he not producing?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think he was suggesting that if you think your current players are so great, the Avs should keep Girard and watch your team struggle until you finally realize some of your players aren’t so great. And only then do you realize you should be realistic about trading them.

Gotta love the reality checks Avs fans give.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Gotta love the reality checks Avs fans give.
Avs fans are just mad because we dont want to give them our best asset for one of their disposable players. I mean if Canucks would trade with Avs, it would be Boeser for Byram not Horvat for Girard. Or even Horvat for Byram makes a lot more sense than Horvat for Girard. One bad season for Horvat which he still does somethings right like faceoffs and his value drops worst than Enron stocks.

Reactions: Cogburn

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs fans are just mad because we dont want to give them our best asset for one of their disposable players. I mean if Canucks would trade with Avs, it would be Boeser for Byram not Horvat for Girard. Or even Horvat for Byram makes a lot more sense than Horvat for Girard. One bad season for Horvat which he still does somethings right like faceoffs and his value drops worst than Enron stocks.

You're delusional. And your team is in last place...so there's that. Enjoy.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
That doesn’t help him put up points this year

edit: he’s also playing with better individual offensive talent than he has in his career. Why is he not producing?
Because this year everyone seems bad. Why is Boeser not producing? Pettersson? Doesnt mean we shpuld trade all of them for a bag of pucks. Teams make stupidest trades when they are struggling. Hope Benning is not authorized to do any trades unless he is trading scrubs.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad