GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Colorado Avalanche | Nov 17 | 6:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
I’ll laugh if there’s a sell the team chant but be careful what you ask for!

Our owners have issues and I’m not a huge fan of them but they do spend and are local, we could end up with an owner from China who only sees this as an investment to park money and won’t spend money the same way. I love seeing pressure on the owners for keeping Benning and Green but I’m not confident in that selling the team is the best option for the fans.

The Board wouldn't allow an overseas buyer like that even sniff owning a team or being part of their club. That's silly.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Those hoping for loud dissent from the Rogers crowd should prepare for disappointment. The arena's had the energy of an abandoned truck stop for 5+ years. Corporate attendance and apathy will keep the noise to a minimum.

Reactions: Nucker101

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Those hoping for loud dissent from the Rogers crowd should prepare for disappointment. The arena's had the energy of an abandoned truck stop for 5+ years. Corporate attendance and apathy will keep the noise to a minimum.
Stop being the bearer of bad news

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Plus.. most are going there hoping to have a good time...

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Which is completely ridiculous. So if the team goes on a run for the next few games everything is fine and dandy, no changes necessary?

they will kick the can down the road to the end of the season if they possibly can. it is probably in the team's longterm interest for that to happen provided benning's hands are tied in the interim.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Which is completely asinine. Three games shouldn't be the deciding factor in what happens with the management/coaching.
If they stink in this homestand...and the top of the food chain (STH'ers) voice their displeasure, they will have to make an immediate change...Most likely have interim coach and GM...The dominoes dont stop falling there, core players will moved, and others will ask to be traded.

Then they'll start next year with a new GM/coach.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
Huge must lose game. Hope the boys pull through.

Who are you...Yoda?
upload_2021-11-17_14-9-22.png

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Where did I say that?

I mean you said the next few games dictates the coach, GM and players... you could interpret that as a win streak dictates nothing changes. Which I really hope isn't the case.

I think the next few games determines if they make big changes now or the end of the season. Writings already on the wall for the coaching staff IMO, but I feel like that FAQ will only make changes now if the bleeding doesn't stop and attendance falters.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
If they stink in this homestand...and the top of the food chain (STH'ers) voice their displeasure, they will have to make an immediate change...Most likely have interim coach and GM...The dominoes dont stop falling there, core players will moved, and others will ask to be traded.

What I meant was that it should already be obvious to AQ that change is needed, pointing to the fact that he is truly oblivious to the sorry state that the franchise is in.

The fact that these 3 games make any difference is actually hilarious.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What I meant was that it should already be obvious to AQ that change is needed, pointing to the fact that he is truly oblivious to the sorry state that the franchise is in.

The fact that these 3 games make any difference is actually hilarious.
I'm just the messenger..They are getting evaluated on a small sample size of games....from what I understand.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

I'm not so sure about that. Players will likely take a wait and see approach before demanding trades. What's more, an interim GM won't be tasked with moving them.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Messenger on behalf of whom?
From the Canucks spokesman..imac.
"But, really, the only answers that matter will be delivered by Vancouver players when they open a three-game homestand Wednesday that feels a little like a last-chance final exam for the Benning-Green era."

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
If the Avs score 3 or 4 goals in the 1st period and all hell breaks loose in the arena with people throwing jerseys and beers around this game will be a pivotal event in team history. I’m starting to think I should have bought a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad