GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Colorado Avalanche | Nov 17 | 6:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
So active cheering against the team is now allowed in the GDT?

Generally people stick to what’s on the ice. The open cheering stuff really only happens when it’s clear the Canucks are going to get killed….

Reactions: Indiana

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
I'm resigned to the miserable fact that, barring a miracle, we won't make the playoffs again, and that might force ownership to act. So, it's going to be a long season.

I will always cheer for the players if they have a good game. They are not to blame for owners/management's decisions. I remember the 80's too well, when our players were booed off the ice. Never want to experience that again.

Hardest part for me is that usually the Canucks would have few good prospects to follow elsewhere. Right now there's basically zero.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Hardest part for me is that usually the Canucks would have few good prospects to follow elsewhere. Right now there's basically zero.

All my fandom and faith is with the Canadian Mens National soccer team right now. Top of the group, played a soccer game over the tundra yesterday and beat a top 10 team.

Next 3 games are against Honduras, USA and El Salvador in the January break. The best news is that the USA v Canada game MIGHT be played at BC Place, and is probably going to be one of the biggest sporting events this city has seen since the 2011 SCF's.

As for this game tonight? Uh yeah, it's a hockey game I guess. Looks like Makar will be in, should be fun to watch.

edit: Never mind, sounds like the USA v Canada game is going to be in Ontario.

Last edited:

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
The following moves would be made if I was GM (trades not included). If you agree I’ll submit my resume.

1. Waive Chiasson
2. Call up Di Guiseppe
3. Call up Lockwood
4. Send down Bailey
5. Play Rathbone, sit Burroughs

2 in 2 out

if you want my follow up trades let me know.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
The players will dictate Green's future tonight. If they don't show a lot of effort, it's over for Travis. You'll be able to tell who's a Green fan vs who isn't.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Start will be fine but nucks will take a penalty and Avs will score

At this point, if we take the first penalty and kill it, the crowd will go wild. That's how low our expectations are. Travis Green et al will trot that out as a victory in the post game presser.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
The following moves would be made if I was GM (trades not included). If you agree I’ll submit my resume.

1. Waive Chiasson
2. Call up Di Guiseppe
3. Call up Lockwood
4. Send down Bailey
5. Play Rathbone, sit Burroughs

2 in 2 out

if you want my follow up trades let me know.
You're hired as long as you don't keep the coaching staff.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Biggest game of the year...for the fans. They've gotta show up and be loud. Everyone there can help to make a franchise defining decision by being heard all the way up top.

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

Reactions: Ozone

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Real talk - I think this game is a beatdown. Either the Avs beat the wheels off us again, or the Canucks defy expectations and smoke them. I don't see a middle ground here.

I actually think it will be the middle ground game.

Nucks have had a couple days off so will be quick out the gate.

Will be close for a bit maybe 1-0 nucks.

Avs will get a PP and score instantly.

Nucks will press at some point, take another penalty, Avs score again. 2-1.

Will look similar to the Ducks game IMO, probably 4-2.

Special teams will continue killing them. 1/5 on the PP, 2/4 on the PK.

Reactions: VintageBure

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Win or lose,this team is still a disaster under Benning and Green,,it makes no difference until changes are made...
Why would anyone want to pay money to see this gong show.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks have a healthy roster (minus Sutter)..I think this will help them tonight...Having 3 AHL players on the D was tough, the last few games...... and had a trickle down effect, like Myers playing way too much, which then turns into brainfarts.

What has happened to Conor Garland..?...Guy was anonymous the entire road trip.

Poolman looks to be back with OEL, which looked good in the preseason...Hughes is with Hammer, who was his D partner last season..and Myers is on the 3rd pairing.

I would hope the Canucks come out on a mission..The worst scenario would be them jumping out to a comfortable lead, only to have it evaporate in the 3rd..Unfortunately, these are the symptoms of a fragile team, which the Canucks are right now.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Ya, I see us putting up a fight for maybe the first half of the game, then the wheels come off and any semblance of defense goes entirely the window.

Guaranteed, we give up oddman rushes that end up in our net because the last guy back sprawls to miss the cross ice pass for the easy tap in.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad