GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Colorado Avalanche | Nov 17 | 6:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Kesler was a douche but he played harder then anyone currently on the team.

change “was “ to “is” and it will be accurate. But he played so hard with little care for his body he ended up getting a hip replacement at 36. I find it hard to hold his trade demand against him at this point. And wow was he ever right in wanting out.

Reactions: kevinsane

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This would be a good use of Jake Virtanen jerseys.

Objectively better value than replating to Dickinson.

Reactions: Hooz

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
It's a tough time as a Canucks fan, because in my head I know that losing and losing big is the best thing for the franchise, but in my heart I still want them to win despite the fact that going on any sort of win streak now would be devastating to the long term of the franchise.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Feels at this point like the only reason I'm watching is to see this decades "fire Gillis" moment
I'd prefer "Aquilini Out" above all else. If I didn't have class right now, i'd have found some cheap/free seats and gone and joined in the fun.

Reactions: Szechwan

4th line culture

Jan 11, 2020
There are some Jim Benning Canuck jersey's out there.

Be interesting to see if the crowd resorts to a "fire Benning", if things aren't going well. It's cruel as hell, but I guess that's where we're at now.

Why is it cruel to ask for a multimillionaire to go spend time with his family while still being paid?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
This is more a death watch thread than a game day thread. Is anyone going to be happy if the Canucks somehow win tonight. We are still only 15 games in, so I still have a few grains of hope left that the season can be turned around.
That’s cause you want to “see the look on everyone’s face” when benning is named gm of the year.

Someone did the math the canucks would need to play at a bear 106 point pace to make the low end of the playoff bar. This season is almost over; no one wants a dead cat bounce to give them a reason to keep benning around.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'd prefer "Aquilini Out" above all else. If I didn't have class right now, i'd have found some cheap/free seats and gone and joined in the fun.

Sell the team! will definitely be going strong from the sounds of it.

A pro-Gaglardi chant would be *chef's kiss* but unfortunately 'Gaglardi' doesn't fit well into anything catchy.

Reactions: Ozone

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
This is more a death watch thread than a game day thread. Is anyone going to be happy if the Canucks somehow win tonight. We are still only 15 games in, so I still have a few grains of hope left that the season can be turned around.
I will be happy. I want this team to show some character and come together for a win. I’d prefer that to a tear down.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Firing Benning puts the team one step closer to contention, even if it involves a few steps backwards first. Those wishing Benning gone simply want the Canucks to actually threaten for a Cup, not live in this make believe land where .500 hockey is a success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad