GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild: Feat. Moustache Miller

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The difference between five and 10 is huge, the difference between 11 and 15 is nothing, cheering for a loss because of a mid round draft pick, literally means f*** all.

So don’t give me that argument, its super annoying.

You’re wrong. The difference between 11-15 is the same between 5-10. As much as it makes you feel better saying otherwise it’s not true.

Reactions: Tomatoes11

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The difference between five and 10 is huge, the difference between 11 and 15 is nothing, cheering for a loss because of a mid round draft pick, literally means f*** all.

So don’t give me that argument, its super annoying.
Good point
Our playoff chance is like 8-9%, but our chance of finishing bottom 10 is probably even lower at this point.
That’s the payback you get for playing .700 hockey under BB.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You’re wrong. The difference between 11-15 is the same between 5-10. As much as it makes you feel better saying otherwise it’s not true.

There is a far bigger difference between 5 and 10 in the draft than 11 and 15. Massively.

It's a steep curve from the top of the draft getting flatter with every pick and by the time you get to 25 it isn't really much different at all.

Reactions: Vector and geebster

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Just got to call a spade a spade

this team still has zero clue how to play 3 on 3 OT.
They don't get the basics I feel other teams understand.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
After the disastrous homestand we just had, I'm kind of blown away that we got 3 points in these 2 road games, considering the opposition.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Minnesota is going to take a chunk out of whoever they face in the playoffs … they are mean and tough, wow.

Reactions: Canucks LB

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Happy about the 3 of 4 points, but man our 3 on 3 OT is bad. It was much better earlier in the season, I dont know what happened to our patience. Hughes didnt have to force shit there at all.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
There is a far bigger difference between 5 and 10 in the draft than 11 and 15. Massively.

It's a steep curve from the top of the draft getting flatter with every pick and by the time you get to 25 it isn't really much different at all.

That really can be dependant on a particular years draft as well often 2 or 3 solid picks in top 10 mY be sure picks after that often just a guess who matures and has the qualities to make the nhl let alone be a top player .

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The dichotomy of how Boeser and Podkolzin played as the game got harder was so stark and a little sad.

Boeser seems like a nice enough guy but he's the first guy who has to be punted out of here to reprofile the identity of this team.

Slow, soft, useless passenger at ES. And gets more useless as the speed and intensity ramps up.

6 primary points now in his last 32 games from top-line icetime, mostly next to JT Miller.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Best news about this game is the pushback Podkolzin showed in the 3rd period against a fast, physical Minnesota team.

A lot of other passengers wilted, though.
Noticed the same thing. These are the types of games that you use to evaluate a non-playoff team since it had the intensity of a playoff game.

Reactions: MS

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
You get a big physical winger to replace Brock,

And get a competent top 4 dman to replace Myers,

And imo that team is already in the playoffs.
Cannot agree more.

And maybe throw in a speedy third liner, that forechecks hard as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad