Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Daniel Sprong signs with the Canucks (1 year, $975k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Canucks needed another top 6 winger they would have had to play Heinen or suter in the top 6 this way they can play Sprong in the top 6 and try to work with him defensively to make him a neutral defensive player and play him with either Petey or Miller, also he might be a solid add for our power play.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I've heard some people talking about too many players so the prospect won't get a chance. I've never heard of teams complaining about depth. They didn't have enough and when Boeser went down they didn't have a lot of options.

DeBrusk, Heinen, Sprong can all play top 6

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Apparently he didn't have much value at all around the league, especially considering he had to wait 3 weeks to get this deal.
Good players don’t sign early sometimes, mistakes are made by the agent, and you get good value

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I mean they kinda have to, there are way too many forwards at this point.
Nah honestly seeing how hurt we were in the playoffs I think we are going for the depth approach and use a pick or two and a prospect to pick a top 4 dman close to the deadline.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
What do you think our top four lines look like?

Not sure about line combos but adding Sprong with no subtractions puts them at like 16 NHL caliber forwards of varying degrees

Petey
Miller
Boeser
DeBrusk
Hoglander
Garland
Joshua
Bleuger
Heinen
Sherwood
Suter
Podkolzin
PDG
Aman
Sprong
Karlsson

Obviously some of these guys will be in the AHL anyway but still

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
At sub 1 million it's a great get. Can put up points for sure, but is an absolute sieve.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Not sure about line combos but adding Sprong with no subtractions puts them at like 16 NHL caliber forwards of varying degrees

Petey
Miller
Boeser
DeBrusk
Hoglander
Garland
Joshua
Bleuger
Heinen
Sherwood
Suter
Podkolzin