Raptors Discussion: V62 0 Round 2 (Post Season Play Discussion)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Anyone else think Delon Wright should be getting some playing time? I think him and Johnson should be getting some minutes, especially with the team playing horrible. this isn't a 1 or 2 game slump for most of these guys. Demar has shown up for like a total of 2-3 quarters out of the 11 games we've played. Just don't understand why Demar is benched the entire 4th quarter and we start to put points up, then we put him in the last 3 minutes and let him run the offence.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Here's a pet peeve and this has a lot to do with the coaching staff. Does the coaching staff realize Wade is right handed and all he does is drive right? He's a hall of famer but do none of the coaches and players realize they make his job real easy by letting him drive to his strong hand? Dragic is lefthanded and he hits the big and 1 by driving to his left. This is where you can blame the coaching staff. Heat are down Bosh and Whiteside when Wade has the ball you need to funnel everything to the left.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Hopefully Murray drops to us this draft or we trade up and we build around Murray,JV,Wright,Powell,Joseph. We'd be set at guard and C especially if Biyombo stays.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
24 hours later and I'm still disappointed

We had that game up 6 or 7 with a few minutes left. Derozan made some horrible decisions down the stretch, the team is so mentally weak. And we had so many chances all CoJo had to do was knock down a last second jumper

We could have had a strangle hold up 3-1 with game 5 in Toronto but now it's anyone's series at 2-2

Lowry and Derozan are playing like **** night in and night out and without JV I don't have confidence going forward

Ross makes one great play for every 2 boneheaded plays it's so frustrating

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Don't think its fair to lump Derozan and Lowry together. I just read a stat for +/- efficiency with both players on/off. Lowry is +1.6/-26.5. The team does much better when he is on the court. Derozan is -6.3/+2.8. The team do much better when he is OFF the court.

Lowry still makes a lot of plays when he isn't scoring. Derozan actively costs us games where he isn't scoring.

Would love to start next game with Lowry/Powell/Caroll/Patterson/Biyombo. The defense of that unit would be spectacular and the ball would probably move a lot better as well. I know Casey would never do it though.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
24 hours later and I'm still disappointed

We had that game up 6 or 7 with a few minutes left. Derozan made some horrible decisions down the stretch, the team is so mentally weak. And we had so many chances all CoJo had to do was knock down a last second jumper

We could have had a strangle hold up 3-1 with game 5 in Toronto but now it's anyone's series at 2-2

Lowry and Derozan are playing like **** night in and night out and without JV I don't have confidence going forward

Ross makes one great play for every 2 boneheaded plays it's so frustrating

I actually felt like Ross should have had the ball for the last shot. A lot of wrong with the end of last nights game.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I hate excuses by pros that are suppose to play much better and compete. Take ownership in your ****** play. Don't make excuses. Media included.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Don't think its fair to lump Derozan and Lowry together. I just read a stat for +/- efficiency with both players on/off. Lowry is +1.6/-26.5. The team does much better when he is on the court. Derozan is -6.3/+2.8. The team do much better when he is OFF the court.

Lowry still makes a lot of plays when he isn't scoring. Derozan actively costs us games where he isn't scoring.

Would love to start next game with Lowry/Powell/Caroll/Patterson/Biyombo. The defense of that unit would be spectacular and the ball would probably move a lot better as well. I know Casey would never do it though.

This. To me it's clear that Lowry>DD and it's been clear for some time now. The numbers you shared back this up but I didn't need to see them anyway. And when you consider the contract DD will no doubt be looking for ...

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I actually felt like Ross should have had the ball for the last shot. A lot of wrong with the end of last nights game.

That was the call but he couldn't get free so Joseph took it.

Lowry hasn't shot the ball well but at least he makes plays and does the little things well. Derozan does little to help the team when he's not scoring...

I don't want to be too critical of Lowry because I think his elbow is injured.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
If your elbow is hurt and it's ruining your shot, why the **** are you taking north of 6 three pointers a game???

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Lowry at least still competes out there when his shot isn't falling. Derozan just gives up on playing defense/battling for rebounds. This game illustrates the differences between the players perfectly. Neither player shot well but Lowry still had 9 assists, 7 rebounds and 4 steals. Derozan with 3 rebounds and 0 assists.

I truly believe that if Derozan doesn't play at all, this team would do better.

You really hit the nail on the head here. He doesn't even rebound. How hard is it to rebound under your own basket? He just stands at the top of the key waiting for somebody else to pull down the ball. Occasionally he'll flail his arms if it comes close to him when an opponent is close by. Flailing his arms seems to be how he defends to. Last night somebody called him a fraud. That's exactly what he is.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
You really hit the nail on the head here. He doesn't even rebound. How hard is it to rebound under your own basket? He just stands at the top of the key waiting for somebody else to pull down the ball. Occasionally he'll flail his arms if it comes close to him when an opponent is close by. Flailing his arms seems to be how he defends to. Last night somebody called him a fraud. That's exactly what he is.

Our media lets him get away with it too. Imagine if a maple leaf was playing like Derozan? He'd be eaten alive

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
How does San Antonio Spurs have good teams every year???? Since 1996 their win loss record is incredible. Don't teams go through rebuilds? This team obviously doesn't. Bizarre.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Gosh those teams are very good. OKC and SAS
Either of them would annihilate the Raptors in a playoff series. Unfortunately, it looks like we're not gonna get eh SA/GS conference final everyone was looking forward to. Hopefully the Spurs can rally.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
I know it's a ballsy move. Derozan off the bench would be good. Play him against there ****** 2nd unit. Tell him to ATTACK or he's being benched. No iso
Move off ball and get open .

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I know it's a ballsy move. Derozan off the bench would be good. Play him against there ****** 2nd unit. Tell him to ATTACK or he's being benched. No iso
Move off ball and get open .

A better and more ballsy move would just be to bench him outright. He's ****ing awful anyways so it wouldn't be a big loss

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Anyone else think Delon Wright should be getting some playing time? I think him and Johnson should be getting some minutes, especially with the team playing horrible. this isn't a 1 or 2 game slump for most of these guys. Demar has shown up for like a total of 2-3 quarters out of the 11 games we've played. Just don't understand why Demar is benched the entire 4th quarter and we start to put points up, then we put him in the last 3 minutes and let him run the offence.

I do agree with Delon getting time. I think his length can be beneficial to Toronto.
As for James Johnson, nah he's too loose with the ball, not as good defensive as advertised and doesn't pass if he gets the ball.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jason Thompson getting some minutes in the backup spot behind Biz. TBH I was suprosed Bebe got game time and Thompson didn't.

Toronto keeps finding ways to lose games, I have never seen a team chough up leads like Toronto does. I have also never seen a team shoot as poorly over whole quarters and half's as much as Toronto does in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad