Raptors Discussion: v52 | Yep...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Hasn't been a problem for any other team so far.

Because the East matchups are garbage. Teams 6, 7, and 8 will likely be swept 4-0.

In the West, you may see some more splits. Like Memphis already won on the road and I bet you that Spurs will win the next game too.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Because the East matchups are garbage. Teams 6, 7, and 8 will likely be swept 4-0.

In the West, you may see some more splits. Like Memphis already won on the road and I bet you that Spurs will win the next game too.
Memphis is the home team....no road team has won a game yet, well except the Wiz twice.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not blaming all the Raptors problems on the refs however it sounded like Dwayne Casey wanted to say something about them and then said how he likes his money so he didn't want to get fined. However does anyone remember last year against the Nets before Game 6 Jason Kidd complained about them, got fined $25,000 and all of the sudden they got a lot more calls in their favor. I was thinking if Casey decided what does he got to lose if he did complain about some of their calls and gets fined, would the Raptors start getting some more calls in their favor or would that not apply to the Raptors?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I'm not blaming all the Raptors problems on the refs however it sounded like Dwayne Casey wanted to say something about them and then said how he likes his money so he didn't want to get fined. However does anyone remember last year against the Nets before Game 6 Jason Kidd complained about them, got fined $25,000 and all of the sudden they got a lot more calls in their favor. I was thinking if Casey decided what does he got to lose if he did complain about some of their calls and gets fined, would the Raptors start getting some more calls in their favor or would that not apply to the Raptors?

Casey is a cheap mother ****er. Ujiri should call out the NBA he has no problem getting fined

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Washington is the more aggressive team on both ends of the court. The Raptors are soft batch.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
One team fired a bad coach today. Oklahoma City fired Scott Brooks.

I don't think this was very fair. Brooks isn't outstanding and he often gets outcoached in the playoffs, but he can't be blamed for the injury to Durant and Westbrook missing a significant amount of time. They missed the playoffs by one game in a ridiculous Western conference.

Rumour has it that they're looking at Billy Donovan as a replacement. Can't see how hiring a college basketball coach is much of an upgrade.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
They know the level of ball they can play, we know the level of ball they are capable of. They are not pretenders they should legitimately be right up there with the other teams favoured to come out of our conference. The thing is where has that team been the second half of the season? They started to disappear before the All Star game and haven't returned yet... and the clock is ticking.

The schedule happened. Many people pegged the Raptors as pretenders early in the season because they took advantage of having the easiest schedule in the league. They are what they are. Nowhere near the level of the elite teams in the East.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The schedule happened. Many people pegged the Raptors as pretenders early in the season because they took advantage of having the easiest schedule in the league. They are what they are. Nowhere near the level of the elite teams in the East.

I don't care. That's not an excuse to being down 0-2 to the Wizards after 2 home games. It's not like the Wizards are head and shoulders above the Raptors. They are also not at the level of the elite teams in the East. Wizards are not Cleveland, or Atlanta.

People trying to justify why they are down 0-2. You can't! You shouldn't be down 0-2 to the Washington Wizards after 2 games at home. The Raptors have underachieved so far in this series. You can't deny that. If it was Cleveland, if it was Atlanta, if it was Chicago then OK. Those teams are plain better, but not Washington.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't care. That's not an excuse to being down 0-2 to the Wizards after 2 home games. It's not like the Wizards are head and shoulders above the Raptors. They are also not at the level of the elite teams in the East. Wizards are not Cleveland, or Atlanta.

The Wizards won a playoff series last year, in fact they won 3 games on the road against Chicago. They replaced Ariza, Booker, Miller with Pierce, Porter Jr, Sessions and Seraphin.

You don't have to be Cleveland or Atlanta in the east in order to win a round in the playoffs.

The Raptors are still a group trying to figure out how to win in the playoffs. Their only true big that mixes it up is JV. Hard for him to mix it up against Nene, Gortat, Seraphin. They have guys that stretch the floor with Pierce and Gooden. This was a horrible matchup for the Raptors. The Raptors love their bench and rightfully so but the bench means very little in round 1 when you have 3 days off between games, longer television timeouts as well.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

Bah they may not be elite but they are defiantly good enough to compete better then they are that's A given imo

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
Small sample sizes are a *****. I don't like how the fans in Toronto and the media are throwing the Raptors under the bus over 2 games. Kyle Lowry, Lou Williams, Tyler Hansbrough and James Johnson (only played 7 mins though) have all under-achieved in these 2 games. It happens. DeMar DeRozan too I suppose but he has been playing poorly all-year. It's just more noticeable now when the team sucks. Terrence Ross is just not that good. I'm hearing that fans want Toronto's coach fired now? lol. DeRozan is yet another Shooting Guard/Small Forward in the league that people think is great because of his PPG. But what's his effective field goal %? DeMar scores points because he shoots a lot. That's about it. And he's great from the free-throw line, which helps.

This is just the nature of the playoffs. There's a much greater element of randomness to a best 4 out of 7 series than a 82 game season. Kyle Lowry has been dreadful the past 2 games. Does that make him a bum?

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Small sample sizes are a *****. I don't like how the fans in Toronto and the media are throwing the Raptors under the bus over 2 games. Kyle Lowry, Lou Williams, Tyler Hansbrough and James Johnson (only played 7 mins though) have all under-achieved in these 2 games. It happens. DeMar DeRozan too I suppose but he has been playing poorly all-year. It's just more noticeable now when the team sucks. Terrence Ross is just not that good. I'm hearing that fans want Toronto's coach fired now? lol. DeRozan is yet another Shooting Guard/Small Forward in the league that people think is great because of his PPG. But what's his effective field goal %? DeMar scores points because he shoots a lot. That's about it. And he's great from the free-throw line, which helps.

This is just the nature of the playoffs. There's a much greater element of randomness to a best 4 out of 7 series than a 82 game season. Kyle Lowry has been dreadful the past 2 games. Does that make him a bum?

I think people have brought up some actual points in this thread rather then just bash. One poster noted how the pick and roll defense isnt working

mikebel111*

Lol at DD playing poorly all year. Guess someone doesnt watch games

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

Casey has been pretty brutal all year...was brutal in last years playoffs too.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Big game tomorrow, the series is anyone's game if the Raps pull out a W tmmr...

If the Rpaas come out of this series, I feel they're making it to the Conference finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad