Utah Hockey Club unveils brand for inaugural season, launches social media

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why do they need a year and a half to pick a normal name though?

They don't need a year and a half, but they do need more than just a couple of months to select a name, vet the name, registered the trademarks and then design a full logo, namemark and uniforms. Only a fool would take something as important as designing and developing a brand, particularly in a brand new market, and try to do it all in a manner of weeks.

That would be absolutely idiotic.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
They don't need a year and a half, but they do need more than just a couple of months to select a name, vet the name, registered the trademarks and then design a full logo, name mark and uniforms. Only a fool would take something as important as designing and developing a brand, particular in a brand new market, and try to do it all in a manner of weeks.

That would be absolutely idiotic.
Hey, it took me 4 hours to name and whip out a photoshop logo for my kid’s pee-wee team, I am definitely qualified to give blistering, constructive commentary such as “so lame!” “omg this is the best they could do?” and “so dumb just pick a name it’s not that hard!!!”

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Some really ignorant takes in this thread lol.

This is a temporary, one-season thing. At least, I REALLY hope the name Utah Hockey Club ends up being only a one-season thing, because that's an absolutely garbage, terrible name for a hockey team. I'm still hoping Outlaws wins...

As far as the jerseys, yes, they are very boring/bland, but the color scheme is pretty nice. Though they really missed the opportunity to make a powder-blue jersey, either as the home or a 3rd jersey. Everyone saying it looks like the Sharks/Kraken are color-blind. Completely different color.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I almost hope that Utah wins the Stanely Cup right away now just to have Utah Hockey Club branded on the Cup and on their banner rather than their eventual permanent branding.
i hope with you and hopefully they will play your team in the (conference) finals. :naughty:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
The owner reminds me of the classic smoke and mirrors full of BS, tech guy. You’d think they could compete a survey in time

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Now there's a blast from the past! Thank you for the reminder. I agree that doesn't look great.

I just would have thought, with a billionaire backing the team, one who is already somewhat familiar with sports ownership and infrastructure, that two or three months would have been adequate time to establish a brand? Or, even if they did use these for the theatre of the draft, but had something to launch by the start of the 2024-2025 regular season.

But then again, I don't have any background in sports media or marketing, so what do I know.
@Viqsi is correct.. add to that didn't the Jets logo had to be signed off on because it's the Royal Canadian Air Force logo and it had to be tweaked a bit when it was reintroduced

Reactions: kickback256
Sep 18, 2009
You can't have this name
Every team needs to be consistent
Location and _____ (insert random noun)
Get rid of this abomination

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's like if the Sharks and Kraken had a baby.
1718378259237.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad