Utah Hockey Club unveils brand for inaugural season, launches social media

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Woah, I just realized - the ad where Gob Bluth and the lizard guy are watching hockey, they're watching the Utah Hockey Club.

1718332537196.png

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Well, the franchise used to be the Winnipeg Jets, it only makes sense that they'd rip off Winnipeg's colors

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
These look like boring Seattle alternate jerseys. If they pick the Yeti they'll also have a more boring alternate cryptid for their mascot. They come off as Seattle's AHL squad

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Man what a missed oppurtunity.... Just boring, boring jerseys. I'm fine with them being the Utah HC, but put a little more into the overall look.

Reactions: ru4reals

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
The other choices were so awful that I’m okay with it. I didn’t even mind the Washington Football Team, because I find a weird charm to one generic name amongst all the other teams.

Either way, it’s a temporary name, so I’m sure some terrible of the moment name will be decided on over the next year.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
This is absolute bush league stuff. They actually can't come up with the name for the first season? That's a marketing disaster through and through. Only in the NHL is this kind of crap possible. Holy ass. Besides, a black jersey.. Come on.

Reactions: BMacLeafs

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I get that they don't have a name yet, but why those colours? Is that what Smith intends as their full time colours? If so, lame, just like these jerseys.

I don’t mind the name… there were some really terrible options in the mix and it’s unlike anything else in the league, so. They avoided trying to be overly edgy and it isn’t too close to another team’s. I think they coulda done a lot better with the colors though. I was so ready for purple.

This isn't a permanent name, it is for next season until they decide what they are going to be.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
They may well have it figured before then, but they need to go into the draft and free agency with something.

Remember when Winnipeg got a second chance and we didn't know what they were going to be called? This is Scheifele's draft picture:

Do we really need more of that?

Now there's a blast from the past! Thank you for the reminder. I agree that doesn't look great.

I just would have thought, with a billionaire backing the team, one who is already somewhat familiar with sports ownership and infrastructure, that two or three months would have been adequate time to establish a brand? Or, even if they did use these for the theatre of the draft, but had something to launch by the start of the 2024-2025 regular season.

But then again, I don't have any background in sports media or marketing, so what do I know.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad