Utah Hockey Club unveils brand for inaugural season, launches social media

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Didn't they already say the first year wouldn't have the permanent name/logo before?

Complaints for the sake of complaining is more on brand for hockey fans than Utah having a bland branding.
That this “brand” even is allowed to exist for a single minute in the cold light of day is an affront to my exquisite taste and sensibilities and I must let the world know! It is very important to me! And I can do Photoshop!

Reactions: kickback256

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
unpopular opinion but I like Utah HC over the other names I've seen thrown out there. Washington FC was better than commanders, too.

these jerseys are bland though, unsurprisingly.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
ryan-gosling-papyrus-lp-today-inline-01-240414-f0dcd2.jpg

HFB bros tonight.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Didn't they already say the first year wouldn't have the permanent name/logo before?

Complaints for the sake of complaining is more on brand for hockey fans than Utah having a bland branding.
or people complaining about the complaining like it's somehow different.

just because it's temporary doesn't mean it has to be bad. it can be temporary and good.

Reactions: ESH

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
All they had to do was copy the colors the Utah Jazz just made their full time set and they would have had one of the nicest color schemes in the league.

Reactions: DAkings20

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Temporary or not, the fact that "UTAH" is straight across in a line in some applications and has a text warp effect applied in others would lead me to believe that whoever's in charge doesn't know what they're doing.

Reactions: Hoek

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
This is the "Legal hasn't finished their due diligence on our real choice, so we go with the nondescript placeholder that no one will remember in five years" choice.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Temporary or not, the fact that "UTAH" is straight across in a line in some applications and has a text warp effect applied in others would lead me to believe that whoever's in charge doesn't know what they're doing.
See, this is an actual constructive criticism. Along with not leaning into purple perhaps.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
or people complaining about the complaining like it's somehow different.

just because it's temporary doesn't mean it has to be bad. it can be temporary and good.
Or people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

And if you actually take in what I said it wasn't a complaint, I said it was on brand for hockey fans.

What else would they use other than "hockey club" without tipping their hand toward one of the others in contention. You say it's bad. Some people say Yeti is bad. Some people say Outlaws is bad. Some people say Blizzard is bad. Some people say Swarm is bad. Some people say they're all bad.
Hockey Club is a neutral name until they decide on branding.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Or people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

And if you actually take in what I said it wasn't a complaint, I said it was on brand for hockey fans.

What else would they use other than "hockey club" without tipping their hands toward one of the others in contention. You said it's bad. Some people say Yeti is bad. Some people say Outlaws is bad. Some people say Blizzard is bad. Some people say Swarm is bad. Some people say they're all bad.
Hockey Club is a neutral name until they decide on branding.
it's not just the name. some people dont like the color scheme or style of the jersey.

completely fine to have opinions ,even negative ones about the utah brand in a thread about utah launching their new brand.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Temporary name? These guys are so lame. Just pick something. If they’re suffering from decision paralysis to this degree over a team name, I have no idea how they’re going to cope when it comes to hiring key personnel.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
This seems like it was focus grouped to death. So bland and inoffensive it becomes anodyne, which is no good if you want a passionate fanbase.

I mean it's way better than anything I can come up with but that's a pretty low bar

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This seems like it was focus grouped to death. So bland and inoffensive it becomes anodyne, which is no good if you want a passionate fanbase.

I mean it's way better than anything I can come up with but that's a pretty low bar
That’s the literal point of these. To be so bland that you forget they existed a year from now when the actual rollout happens.

People can complain about corporate indecisiveness and focus groups and yadda yadda but why have your fanbase on the hook for one set of merch when you can have them essentially all double dip within 12 months? Seems like economics of a business to me.

The people in SLC and the Valley will be crazed for this team for more than 12 months. They aren’t gonna lose any “passion” for a one year temporary “look”. Smith is leaning INTO the idea that the reason this is taking longer is because he wants maximum community engagement. You and I can say he’s full of crap, but the idea that this temporary brand hurts fan excitement in Utah is ludicrous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad