Utah Hockey Club unveils brand for inaugural season, launches social media

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
They have a name, and it’s one of the best in the league. The bar isn’t high though.
It's essentially a placeholder name and there is no excuse for it. It's crap, basically copying Washington's horrible decision to go as the Washington Football Club, which the team then botched when it finally selected a name, and the embarrassing way MLS teams copy European soccer names. Just pick a permanent name and move on, and if this is the permanent name then they've already done a horrible job.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's essentially a placeholder name and there is no excuse for it. It's crap, basically copying Washington's horrible decision to go as the Washington Football Club, which the team then botched when it finally selected a name,
Shows what you know, because the fans actually preferred Washington FC to the Commanders.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It actually is pretty original for NA, and better than the rest of those horrible options for names.
I'm staying with Fighting Saints or Crusaders for a nickname for the Utah team in the future it has to be better than HC,right?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You don't use team names when referring to said teams?
People use both, often mixing city and name together. Toronto vs Montreal could just as easily be Toronto vs Habs. Tampa vs Rangers, Leafs vs Boston. Van vs Jets.

Utah with just be Utah vs San Jose or Utah vs the Sharks or Utah HC vs San Jose Sharks.

Nobody is going to say Utah Hockey Club unless they have to for official reasons.

Reactions: LOFIN

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The font reminds me of these, in not a great way

MqkHVCm.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
The city is part of the name, and most of the time the better way to refrence a team.
Each team has a one-off name/branding. I'm not sure there's a better way to reference a team than that. You do you, though. Really makes no difference either way, I suppose.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Utah Baddies
Utah Bussin
Utah Clouted
Utah Aliens
Utah Skinwalkers
Utah RedRocks
Utah Pipers

I’m making gold here

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
People use both, often mixing city and name together. Toronto vs Montreal could just as easily be Toronto vs Habs. Tampa vs Rangers, Leafs vs Boston. Van vs Jets.

Utah with just be Utah vs San Jose or Utah vs the Sharks or Utah HC vs San Jose Sharks.

Nobody is going to say Utah Hockey Club unless they have to for official reasons.
Yes, I'm aware. :laugh:

Reactions: me2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad