Utah Delta Center Claiming "Unobstructed" Seats

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
1720650357485.png

The very best moment of the game where the touchdown!!

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Most seats are obstructed to a degree with people sitting in front of you, the worst seats are always the lower level in this regard

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I love how an Islanders fan was the first one to throw stones at a team playing in an arena with obstructed views. It's like they were so desperate for someone else to take Barclays crown.

Reactions: hui43210

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Better than a college arena. Shocking a modern arena would be poorly designed however.
would rather take a college arena with 5K seats over an arena where I have to stand up to look over the edge to see the play.

Never liked the Utah move to begin with. If they dont have a legit arena that can run hockey with no issues including views. Than move them to a city that does. Utah can build a new arena and comeback to expansion down the road.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
I love how an Islanders fan was the first one to throw stones at a team playing in an arena with obstructed views. It's like they were so desperate for someone else to take Barclays crown.
Well, because I went to games at the Barclays center and now I live in Utah. I can tell you that I'm one of the few people who has watched hockey at both arenas and the Delta center is 10 times worse than the Barclays center. The Barclays center at least had some seats that were truly unobstructed where you could see the whole rink from the upper bowl. The Delta center doesn't have any from the upper bowl. Even from the first row, you need to lean forward to see the near boards.

My issue is that I've listened to every interview on the plans for the Delta center and they only talk about fixing the views behind the nets, but I'm hoping they will come around to fix the whole upper bowl. Losing the view along the near boards is going to have a tremendously negative impact on the fan experience. Also I wish I took a picture of what it looked like when someone sat in front of you because it's so steep that people get in your way.

The one positive thing though is that renovations won't start until April of 2025 so they will get a lot of feedback from the fans. Hopefully they will get it right. One solution that could really help would be finding a way to raise the ice level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad