Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Lots of chatter about no downsides but I have 2 possible risks:
- him not buying into the team first mentality and possibly souring the culture our young players have created
- his defensive incapability's hanging our young D out to dry

Maybe those things are minor or may not even happen, but I still think they're possible downsides. And I realize those things do not even closely outweigh the possible positives, so Im ok with the trade.
The guy’s whole game is predicated in scoring goal. I don’t expect him to be more than just OK everywhere else. That includes his defensive chores. Aside from the other leaders, Slaf and Xhekaj have a strong presence in the dressing room, are as big as Laine and will put him in his place if he’s being a problem.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
- him not buying into the team first mentality and possibly souring the culture our young players have created

Maybe those things are minor or may not even happen, but I still think they're possible downsides. And I realize those things do not even closely outweigh the possible positives, so Im ok with the trade.
Laine was the guy who took Fantilli into his home after the later was drafted which teams don't let happen with "problem" players. So it's unlikely that he will come in and be a problem but even if that were true the team culture is more then strong enough to survive an unhappy cap dump.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Interesting that two different reporters asked about what Pascal Vincent said about Laine before the trade assuming they asked him when doing their research, and Hughes refused to answer either of them, just saying that they did their homework and he didn't want to get into it.

Maybe Vincent didn't say good things?
Maybe they know MSL is a much better coach and motivator than Vincent.

Reactions: CapSpace

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Demidov

I think that’s the lines. There’s a fantasy about putting Caufield with Dach but with Laine you don’t need to do that anymore. We already know that first line is elite as it stands
Can we afford this top six long term?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

With the work MSL did with Caufield to round out his game who's to say the same can't be done to a certain extent with Laine?

Reactions: the

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Interesting that two different reporters asked about what Pascal Vincent said about Laine before the trade assuming they asked him when doing their research, and Hughes refused to answer either of them, just saying that they did their homework and he didn't want to get into it.

Maybe Vincent didn't say good things?
I think it's more likely that it's the type of thing Hughes doesn't want to discuss with the media as a matter of principle.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
With the work MSL did with Caufield to round out his game who's to say the same can't be done to a certain extent with Laine?

Totally possible. I wasn't saying it wouldn't happen or it couldn't be fixed. Just that its possible it remains a problem.

Reactions: Guess

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I think it's more likely that it's the type of thing Hughes doesn't want to discuss with the media as a matter of principle.
There’s also ethical issues involved. Vincent intimately knew how BJ management valued Laine.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The guy’s whole game is predicated in scoring goal. I don’t expect him to be more than just OK everywhere else. That includes his defensive chores. Aside from the other leaders, Slaf and Xhekaj have a strong presence in the dressing room, are as big as Laine and will put him in his place if he’s being a problem.
Let’s not act like we have strong leadership room though. We have a young group who learns how to be leaders together but no one will has the aura to
put in his place an establish player like Laine like we had in 2021

Reactions: Habs Halifax

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Laine played 18 games under Vincent in a messed year in Columbus.
Care to guess what Vincent did before those 18 games???
Vincent was also ass. coach with the CBJ in the previous two season and before that he was with the Jets NHL and AHL so he was with the Jets when he got drafted and also coach him in the last 3 seasons so he coach him for 129 games...

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad