USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He's fine if he's in a back 3.
If by that you mean fine in a back 3 where he's a wingback, yes I agree. But he's clueless defending. There's a reason he's getting ping ponged around Europe, most managers just have no clue what to do with him.

Anyway, good draw considering how bad the US stunk it up for long periods of time.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

Officially confirmed. I really like the hire — he has great experience with the English FA & Southampton. And not in the “good ole boy” club

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Officially confirmed. I really like the hire — he has great experience with the English FA & Southampton. And not in the “good ole boy” club

Wondering if this gets them closer to Jesse Marsch

Reactions: JPBolts

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Resume seems pretty good. Think what's most impressive about this hire is that he's not a former player and an out of the box type of hire. Southampton was pretty close to hiring Marsch recently so that makes me think Marsch goes to to the top of the list for the role.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tenorio says Crocker is moving to and living in Chicago.

Of course that was a job prerequisite

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Absolutely huge get, probably the best dual national recruit that they've ever gotten. Now got to find a coach who can get the best out him, Pulisic and Reyna

Reactions: GabeTravels

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Great get. Undoubtedly the best forward in the pool as soon as the ink dried on that FIFA switch.

Honestly don’t think you need to change the front six too much. The McKennie-Adams-Musah midfield is a building block. Pulisic-Balogun-Weah should be the front three (unless you want to try him at fullback). Reyna better off the bench.

The defense is still terrible but hopefully the next manager they hire can help mitigate that a bit, but boxing off 2/3 of the pitch is hard to complain about

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Great get. Undoubtedly the best forward in the pool as soon as the ink dried on that FIFA switch.

Honestly don’t think you need to change the front six too much. The McKennie-Adams-Musah midfield is a building block. Pulisic-Balogun-Weah should be the front three (unless you want to try him at fullback). Reyna better off the bench.

The defense is still terrible but hopefully the next manager they hire can help mitigate that a bit, but boxing off 2/3 of the pitch is hard to complain about

The defense was better before Miles got hurt but now who knows if he'll recover. Chris Richards, McKenzie, Scally, Reynolds should always be in the squad.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The defense was better before Miles got hurt but now who knows if he'll recover. Chris Richards, McKenzie, Scally, Reynolds should always be in the squad.
Yeah I mean that was a very bad injury for Miles. I like Richards but he just isn’t getting enough burn at Palace, and he’s got a habit of getting banged up too. I think McKenzie needs a better move. The guy that I actually like right now that no one is talking about is Trusty. I’d be getting him in asap. Believe he just got player of the season at Birmingham. Left footed too. He will probably get a PL loan next season and would be curious how he does.

But the defense is simply not a strength. Looking at the World Cup roster, neither Ream nor Zimmerman should be competing internationally again (albeit for different reasons). Aaron Long needs to be launched into space. I guess you could stick with CCV but ugh. And guys like Yedlin/Moore need to get phased out too. There is major construction to do there.

Midfield and attack are kind of settled in that you know how your core guys are and the fringe guys will be competing for 2 or 3 spots instead or 4 or 5. That helps a lot

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I will say also we got really lucky that it just so happened he was eligible for these three specific countries. If he chose England or Nigeria he might never play for them. A cap for England alone wouldn't justify him picking England. He's not going to get in the team.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
At some point in the near future, they will likely need some changes up front. Kane isn't going to play forever. I don't know who they go with (I would guess Rashford for the time) but he's 21. He could see a way into team at some point in the next cycle. There are a good number of young players in and around his ability, but he could make a leap.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well I didn't see us changing coaches right before 2 tournaments. Can't say I blame Hudson for taking another gig when he wasn't likely to get the job full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad