USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

A fan of Cohen getting called up. My guess is no Horvath because he wants to get his club situation sorted. Or he'll be at the Gold Cup. I wouldn't have called up Sonora but that's my only complaint.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

A fan of Cohen getting called up. My guess is no Horvath because he wants to get his club situation sorted. Or he'll be at the Gold Cup. I wouldn't have called up Sonora but that's my only complaint.

I’m taking McKenzie instead of Zimmerman but don’t think anything else is too bad here. Think they could have done better than Sonora too but not sure who else I would have swapped in. Maybe one of the Venezia guys; apparently Tessman had a really good season over there

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I’m taking McKenzie instead of Zimmerman but don’t think anything else is too bad here. Think they could have done better than Sonora too but not sure who else I would have swapped in. Maybe one of the Venezia guys; apparently Tessman had a really good season over there
Paxten Aaronson would be an option, too

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Cherundolo is officially being interviewed for the manager position. Meanwhile Berhalter seems to be the main candidate for the Sparta Rotterdam job in the Eredivisie

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My dream is that all HF posters come back to reality and stop caring about the USMNT.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Cherundolo is officially being interviewed for the manager position. Meanwhile Berhalter seems to be the main candidate for the Sparta Rotterdam job in the Eredivisie
That's going to sting the "if he was a good coach where are the European offers" crowd. Not sure what to think on Cherundolo, not a significant head coaching track record and it's not like LAFC was a particularly difficult assignment to take on.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That's going to sting the "if he was a good coach where are the European offers" crowd. Not sure what to think on Cherundolo, not a significant head coaching track record and it's not like LAFC was a particularly difficult assignment to take on.
That said, LAFC has looked pretty good. This would be a hire that I'm willing to wait and see on.

The real question is why the hell we called up so many shitty MLS players to the Gold Cup roster. I knew it would be our C team, but Aaron Long and DeAndre Yedlin don't offer anything anymore. Shit, if you're looking for a better MLS CB, call up Tim Parker. He's been fantastic this season. Brooks Lennon over Yedlin.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
That said, LAFC has looked pretty good. This would be a hire that I'm willing to wait and see on.

The real question is why the hell we called up so many shitty MLS players to the Gold Cup roster. I knew it would be our C team, but Aaron Long and DeAndre Yedlin don't offer anything anymore. Shit, if you're looking for a better MLS CB, call up Tim Parker. He's been fantastic this season. Brooks Lennon over Yedlin.
Gold Cup roster decisions are awful other than a couple choices. I can deal with Yedlin at least he will be solid and is the vet. Long has been a bad MLS defender. I don't have high expectations for that tournament.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Re-hiring Berhalter would be so dumb
somehow worse than last time, where they had an interim for a year because they wanted to wait around for Berhalter to be done with the season (and his brother was on the search committee). I am also a firm believer each world cup cycle should have its own manager. It rarely goes as well on that second cycle.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As a Canadian i'm intrigued to see this new look USMNT in action tonight.

Side note: What % of the stadium is going to end up being Mexican supporters?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
somehow worse than last time, where they had an interim for a year because they wanted to wait around for Berhalter to be done with the season (and his brother was on the search committee). I am also a firm believer each world cup cycle should have its own manager. It rarely goes as well on that second cycle.

What's funny to me is some writers *cough Matt Doyle Cough* going to insane lengths to try and justify bringing Berhalter back. Setting aside the issue with the Reyna's, he got as far Arena, Bradley and Klinnsman did. I see no reason to being him back, time to move this team forward and not stay in neutral.
As a Canadian i'm intrigued to see this new look USMNT in action tonight.

Side note: What % of the stadium is going to end up being Mexican supporters?

I'd say at least 2/3s conservatively, probably will be more.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1686880714396.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad