Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought Toronto already had his NHL rights in place, even though he is still in the KHL under contract. The article I read back when, was more than just interest in him.

I don't know what player you are talking about but I would take a look at the date since this thread has been around awhile.

Lukas Bengtsson is a young defenseman that I would take a look at. Is he New York Rangers' property?

I don't think he was signed by NYR, he's having an impressive season. I like his teammate Henrik Tommernes more who is a UFA after the Nucks cut ties with him.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I don't know what player you are talking about but I would take a look at the date since this thread has been around awhile.

Yeah, it was misleading, sorry. Anyway, it was Zaitsev of the KHL I was talking about. Original post corrected to be more clear.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've hyped him a lot in the past , as have Montreal, but the Habs should really look into signing Ahti Oksanen . Watching BU play BC tonight he was once again one of the best forwards on the ice. He's big,fast and with a nose for the net.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've hyped him a lot in the past , as have Montreal, but the Habs should really look into signing Ahti Oksanen . Watching BU play BC tonight he was once again one of the best forwards on the ice. He's big,fast and with a nose for the net.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up, got to think a few teams will be in on this off-season.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It will be interesting to see where he ends up, got to think a few teams will be in on this off-season.

He's gonna get some attention for sure, his production has steadily improved every year, on one of the premier conference in the country. He could have two straight 20 plus goal seasons under his belt when he's done, which is no small feat in the NCAA. I've liked him every time I've seen him play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Whatever happened to Pribyl? Is he still in the mix? I never hear about him.

he just re-signed with his Czech team, having a big year and was on pace for a big year last season but got injured.

Oksanen was just named Hockey East's Player of the Week with 2+4 in two games, he has four multiple-point games in six since returning from an injury.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

incognito Burrito*

He definitely brings the grind. A smoother skating, less fighty Connor Crisp.

Haven't seen him play much, but last year he put up decent numbers, but could have been the McDavid affect. He's doing it again this year, so I figured with that and being 6'5 wouldn't hurt to consider this guy late.

The down part if we did draft him we'd have to sign him right away and send him to an over crowded farm system.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching Swift Current play the Hat and they said that undrafted FA, Jonathon Martin should be signing with some NHL team any day now. Sounds like there are several teams interested in him but no word on what teams.

just a small update from Bobby Mac, sounds like he's going to the Sharks but a few other teams are in on him.

http://www.tsn.ca/reading-the-trade-market-tea-leaves-1.436138

Finally, this isn’t trade related news, but you may recall we talked earlier this season about the Swift Current Bronco captain and unrestricted free agent overage forward Jon Martin being courted by multiple NHL teams.

A late bloomer of sorts, the 6-foot-2, 218-pound Martin now has 34 goals and 59 points in 50 WHL games this season after scoring only 32 goals in the previous four seasons in Kootenay.

Martin is on the verge of making a decision on where he’ll eventually sign his NHL entry-level contract. Edmonton, Arizona and San Jose were believed to be the teams that showed significant interest. While nothing is likely to be made official until March, the expectation is Martin is most likely to be a Shark when all is said and done

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
congrats to Hayden Hawkey, gets his first SO in just his 2nd start in the NCAA.

Was flipping back and forth between the Habs and OS, McNiven won but wasn't tested much.

Evans had an assist too. That's great news for Hawkey, but one NCAA goalie we should be watching is Alex Lyon. It's his junior year at Yale and his stats are insane, 25 games, GAA under 1.5, SV% around .950. He's going to be the biggest college UFA this year after Jimmy Vesey. I watched him shutout Colgate last night, he made 36 saves.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Evans had an assist too. That's great news for Hawkey, but one NCAA goalie we should be watching is Alex Lyon. It's his junior year at Yale and his stats are insane, 25 games, GAA under 1.5, SV% around .950. He's going to be the biggest college UFA this year after Jimmy Vesey. I watched him shutout Colgate last night, he made 36 saves.

Sounds like Vesey won't sign with Nashville and may sign with the leafs. Lyon due to his age could opt to finish his Senior year cause then when he signs he won't have to sign an ELC so he can make more money. Although who knows if he will just want to sign this off-season since he is older and could get his NHL career started, here's some of my posts on him from the previous page,

I could see us being interested in a goalie next summer since McNiven will be in the OHL next season and Hawkey in the NCAA for likely several years.

Although perhaps we look to the NCAA as they have a few guys of interest. Alex Lyon at Yale should have a lot of buzz again but he's a Junior so he could look to return for his Senior year.

watched a little of the Yale game, got my first glance and one of the top NCAA FA's in Alex Lyon. He was impressive, has decent size and good positioning. Got to think whatever NHL team gets him is going to end up very happy, wouldn't be surprised if he went directly to the NHL from the NCAA. Not sure why he didn't turn pro last year as after a season like that it's going to be hard to repeat, he's a Junior now so he could opt to return for his Senior year but he's also days away from turning 23 so might feel it's time to turn pro.

Lyon I think is the best of the bunch but I haven't seen too NCAA games this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
question, what happened with Daniel Prybil, any reason he did not want to play NA?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=101160
got some NHL material development and he is now doing good..
Marc can you give him a call???

lack of speed/skating would be my guess. He's improved but not sure if it's enough to bring him over. I'm actually surprised he's not getting some interest because he's got NHL size and was breaking out last year before injuries got in the way but is breaking out this year so maybe there will be some interest. If you go back in this thread there's several posts on him.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Dryden Hunt was one of the invites that I really liked in the last Habs rookie and development camp. I mentionned him and Johnston as guys I would like to be signed.

We didn't sign him but as of right now he's got 5 hat tricks in his last 8 games and leads the Dub in goals and points. He has 49 goals while the 2nd best scorer in the whole league has 37. He benefits from playing with Point who's one of the best players in the CHL but he would've been a great signing nonetheless.

I remember he scored the most beautiful goal of the week in the rookie camp with a laser of a wrist shot shortside top shelf right from the corner where all the Habs brass we're watching the game, I would've thought they would've taken notice.

Dreger reports that many NHL teams are after him including one Canadian team, hopefully it's us. http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-subban-isn-t-going-anywhere-1.440394

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Dryden Hunt was one of the invites that I really liked in the last Habs rookie and development camp. I mentionned him and Johnston as guys I would like to be signed.

We didn't sign him but as of right now he's got 5 hat tricks in his last 8 games and leads the Dub in goals and points. He has 49 goals while the 2nd best scorer in the whole league has 37. He benefits from playing with Point who's one of the best players in the CHL but he would've been a great signing nonetheless.

I remember he scored the most beautiful goal of the week in the rookie camp with a laser of a wrist shot shortside top shelf right from the corner where all the Habs brass we're watching the game, I would've thought they would've taken notice.

Dreger reports that many NHL teams are after him including one Canadian team, hopefully it's us. http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-subban-isn-t-going-anywhere-1.440394

We have familiarity playing in our favor at least. That and a few of his former teamates in our system .

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Curious to why not much people think Vesey could sign here. Nilan definitely won't hurt, he'll get same minutes as he would in TO + Contending (ish...) team

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind having Kristian Pospisil invited to Rookie Camp. He's the most talented player on the Armada whenever I have seen them. He has good size as well at 6'2".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad