Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
So you're ready to bet $100 that Reilly signs with Chicago?

These FA's usually sign with ****** teams, not ones that just won a cup or went to the finals.

vs. us? You're giving me Chicago vs the field? Brave. I said if Chicago is interested which I can't confirm, I say he signs there.

I'm sure they'd rather have HJalmarsson play LH side, Oduya is probably leaving as a UFA.

CHI are not that concerned about what sides the D play. Keith and Hjalmarsson play both sides all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
CHI are not that concerned about what sides the D play. Keith and Hjalmarsson play both sides all the time.

It's not as big a deal as some here have said. That's why I'm saying in the Emelin-Gilbert thing that Emelin is more likely to be moved, you can play Beaulieu either side and Gilbert was solid on the left.

vs. us? You're giving me Chicago vs the field? Brave. I said if Chicago is interested which I can't confirm, I say he signs there.

You're giving his odds to Chicago a lot more traction than it should. Guys like him usually sign where they can rise the highest and fastest in the lineup...see Schultz to Edmonton. He was getting #2 or 3 minutes as a rookie.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
It's not as big a deal as some here have said. That's why I'm saying in the Emelin-Gilbert thing that Emelin is more likely to be moved, you can play Beaulieu either side and Gilbert was solid on the left.

Gilbert looked lost on the left side, keep him on the right or trade him.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
You're giving his odds to Chicago a lot more traction than it should. Guys like him usually sign where they can rise the highest and fastest in the lineup...see Schultz to Edmonton. He was getting #2 or 3 minutes as a rookie.

That's my prediction. What is yours? What team is he going to?

Which as we know.. is none.

exactly.

Gilbert cannot be a 3 million dollar 5-6 guy on a team with Markov, Petry and PK.

Financially it's just plain dumb.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Maybe at the end of the year, but I don't see Reilly coming in any playing top 4 to begin the year unless he had a monster camp.

Would be great to add him, unfortunately I think a weaker team will promise him an NHL spot to get him to sign.

Not at first, since he would have to show he can handle himself, but I do think it wouldn't take too long before he would be on the 2nd pairing here as I just don't think too highly of our blueline after our top 3 (which I think our top 3 is very good) But as I keep saying, it's very hard to try to guess how someone is going to do jumping from the NCAA to the NHL full time.

If Chicago is indeed interested in Reilly, then we have pretty much no shot at getting him.

It was a longshot to begin with.

agreed, didn't think we would be in on him but hopefully he's taking his time to weigh his options and keeps an open mind.

So you're ready to bet $100 that Reilly signs with Chicago?

These FA's usually sign with ****** teams, not ones that just won a cup or went to the finals.

I would have said for sure he signs with the Hawks, since that's what all the rumors were but after hearing that his teammates at the WC's told him to weigh his options and the fact that he's got a long list of teams interested in him now I'm not 100% sold that he signs with the Hawks but to me it just makes so much sense overall. Although not sure why there wasn't more talk about him signing with the Wild which makes a lot of sense as well.

Gilbert looked lost on the left side, keep him on the right or trade him.

agreed

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
What will Chicago's D look like next season with Reilly?

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Johns
Reilly-TVR/Rundblad

Hopefully for them they can manage to clear cap and keep Oduya, because that's a lot of inexperience.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
What will Chicago's D look like next season with Reilly?

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Johns
Reilly-TVR/Rundblad

Hopefully for them they can manage to clear cap and keep Oduya, because that's a lot of inexperience.

There is no guarantee how much a guy like Reilly can contribute. Justin Schultz is a good example. He has put up points but was still a long way from a well-rounded defenseman after 3 years in the league.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
There are many more LH players in hockey. LD have been playing both sides for years. Because there is a limit on RD, they have played on the right side their entire careers so it is difficult for them to switch to left. But no, I don't think it's a big deal to have two lefties on one pairing.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

Gilbert was not nearly as solid on the left side as he was on the right side and keeping him over Emelin makes the Montreal D much softer. There was a reason that Emelin's playing time increased during the playoffs. Having said that, Emelin's cap hit makes him a candidate to move.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No CLB and no NYR..

We're still in boys!!

We need to show Reilly that there's some room. There was no room in New York. I don't see how there's any room with us. Unless Bergevin told Reilly and Co that we WILL make some room though I don't see that happening.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
McGuire was on 1200 this morning and said that Reilly had narrowed it down to 3 teams

Chicago, Minnesota and New York...Rangers are out now

So it's down to Chicago/Minnesota

Anyone holding out hope, I wouldn't waste too much energy on that

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
McGuire was on 1200 this morning and said that Reilly had narrowed it down to 3 teams

Russo thinks it's between CHI, MIN, LAK and PIT

http://www.startribune.com/devan-dubnyk-mike-reilly-jordan-leopold-wild-updates/308210001/
The list is cut down. I believe it’s down to the Wild, Hawks, Kings and Pens. He has made his visits, talked with the GM’s, the contracts would all be the same two-year deals with max bonuses. Now his plan is to circle back and talk with a few of the team’s coaches before making a final decision.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

THE SEKAC FACTOR!!!! Wanted to make you laugh a little...did it work? :D

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
While it would be nice to get Reilly, a little perspective...

He was not in the THN Future Watch top 75 in march. It's like adding a Hudon or Andrighetto, not a Tinordi or Scherbak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad