Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Joly is going to the Leafs camp.

Yep, was announced yesterday I think. Too bad, I was hoping we'd get either him or Loiseau at the prospect camp/tournament and they're both going elsewhere. There are still a few interesting candidates but they're going fast, I hope we can at least get one or two of the better known ones to attend :help:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I really wanted the Habs to invite him. He's small but insanely skilled. Oh well.

I don't see him as an NHL prospect. He's a good finisher but he's neither big nor fast. Not a great playmaker. Deluca is a better prospect than him.

To me he is an ECHL or university guy at 21.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Is there any more news on Mike Reilly? I had read that he was to reduce his list to 3 or 4 teams this week.
Hopefully MTL makes the short list...

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
Is there any more news on Mike Reilly? I had read that he was to reduce his list to 3 or 4 teams this week.
Hopefully MTL makes the short list...

Mike Reilly was a guest of the Blackhawks for game 3 at the United Center.

Pretty much all you need to know.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pretty quiet on the Habs front....Sign of nothing? Or sign of something big?

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
It's usually a good thing.

Reilly would amazing. Adding assets for free is great for a team. Signing him would mean we would be able to make a trade in the future a la Sekac/Pelley to fill a hole. Granted this trade isn't looking great right now, but I still think Devante will be a good player for the team.

And I'm still hoping we can flip a D for Rychel of Columbus. He would fit well with us.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Reilly would amazing. Adding assets for free is great for a team. Signing him would mean we would be able to make a trade in the future a la Sekac/Pelley to fill a hole. Granted this trade isn't looking great right now, but I still think Devante will be a good player for the team.

And I'm still hoping we can flip a D for Rychel of Columbus. He would fit well with us.

That would be too funny, sign Reilly and then trade him to Columbus for Rychel. :laugh:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
how about ohksanen. 25 goals as a third year for boston with 1 goal few than eichel whos 18 haha though. Eichel is amazing.

Is atti a defenceman too? I think he converted to a winger

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can teams invite an unlimited amount of players?

no limit

Pretty quiet on the Habs front....Sign of nothing? Or sign of something big?

I guess we'll hear more when we get closer to the development camp. I know we have a lot of incoming rookies so I don't expect too many movements since we also need some vets for the Ice Caps. At some point though we should be adding some LD's and a 5th goalie.

That would be too funny, sign Reilly and then trade him to Columbus for Rychel. :laugh:

If so I hope they keep him for a couple months and then trade him so we can have over 100 pages of posters calling management names for giving up so soon on him and how we won't be able to sign NCAA FA's along with Euro FA's cause of the way they were treated. And of course it will be all Therrien's fault regardless of the situation. :popcorn: :nod::D

how about ohksanen. 25 goals as a third year for boston with 1 goal few than eichel whos 18 haha though. Eichel is amazing.

Is atti a defenceman too? I think he converted to a winger

haven't heard anything so I suspect he's going to return to the NCAA for his Senior year. He's a defensemen that this past season they moved him to forward. I really like him and want the Habs to sign him.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
As per Caley on the trade rumours and free agent board, the Habs are near the bottom of the list for free agent invitees with only 2. Boston is near the top of the list with 8, I believe.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Signing Reilly wouldn't make Beaulieu expendable, Tinordi possibly.

don't agree, Tinordi is a stay at home type so he shouldn't have much to do with Reilly. If you were to somehow land Reilly it's for an offensive role so if they felt he could handle the NHL full time they could look at moving Beaulieu.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
don't agree, Tinordi is a stay at home type so he shouldn't have much to do with Reilly. If you were to somehow land Reilly it's for an offensive role so if they felt he could handle the NHL full time they could look at moving Beaulieu.

Doubt it, Only way they trade Beaulieu is if they know Rielly can replace him, which would be after seeing him play in the NHL first. There's room for both Beaulieu and Rielly to play in the same line up, if the habs management don't think Tinordi has a future here than he could get traded no matter what type of defenceman he is.

I bet the Pens will be going hard for Rielly

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tyler Beskorowany, 25yo goalie from german club DEG. has an nhl-clause and german media reports today he's nhl (ahl) bound. Was drafted by the Stars in '08, 2nd round but never made the NHL. Is a FA but no word on where he is signing.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=106792

Doubt it, Only way they trade Beaulieu is if they know Rielly can replace him, which would be after seeing him play in the NHL first. There's room for both Beaulieu and Rielly to play in the same line up, if the habs management don't think Tinordi has a future here than he could get traded no matter what type of defenceman he is.

I said if they felt he could handle the NHL full time, so of course they would need to get a look at him, but doesn't mean they wouldn't trade Beaulieu at some point into the season. Tinordi imo wouldn't have anything to do with Reilly, he will have to show something at camp or he will be traded if they don't like what they see sine he's not going to be sent down.

If no moves were made and we signed Reilly we would have 5 offensive D's which leaves Emelin and Gilbert as regulars that are defensive minded. plus Tinordi and Pateryn in the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad