Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
These NCAA prospects are hyped every year.

The best ones become Tyler Bozak.

Mike Reilly is using the "loophole" to become a UFA, he's been one of the top offensive defensemen in the NCAA. Tyler Bozak was never drafted.

Fingers crossed for Kevin Roy next year. I hope he wants to play in his home province, before he can choose his home town team if that happens.

Kevin Roy would have been eligible to use the loophole this year but I didn't hear of him doing so. The loophole is only after your Junior year, if you didn't go directly to the NCAA after being drafted. So he can only use the loophole this year, which means he would have to inform Northeastern that he won't be returning for his Senior year and then he would have to inform the Ducks that he is planning on becoming a UFA. I haven't checked to see if he did this but likely would have heard had he gone that route.

Ryan Kennedy ‎@THNRyanKennedy

How serious are teams about Mike Reilly? Chicago's Stan Bowman and Tampa's Steve Yzerman both flew to Buffalo to talk to him personally

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well....Yzerman did go personnally to meet Tyler Johnson....so he's trying that face to face experience. And frankly....it does work. A team like us who is supposed to take drafts incredibly seriously HAS to also do MORE than every other team out there. They also have to go and meet players.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Well....Yzerman did go personnally to meet Tyler Johnson....so he's trying that face to face experience. And frankly....it does work. A team like us who is supposed to take drafts incredibly seriously HAS to also do MORE than every other team out there. They also have to go and meet players.

Doesn't help. It works for Yzerman because he's Steve Yzerman. If Wayne Gretzky or any other legendary player was our GM it would help.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Doesn't help. It works for Yzerman because he's Steve Yzerman. If Wayne Gretzky or any other legendary player was our GM it would help.

Great. So you think we need a face? Have Bergevin bring Subban. Let Subban tell the guys who it is to play for this team and sell it to them. And I don't believe it. Could be a no-name that comes and see you, he's still the GM. And he still shows that your Worth a visit.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bergy himself is not slouch career wise. Not to Stevie Y stature obviously but he can talk to a young aspiring defenceman and go '' I've played over 1200 games in the NHL kid, I know a thing or two about being a pro Dman, trust me '' . He can even have Subban make a little impromptu phone call to the kid, selling him on playing for us.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Bergy himself is not slouch career wise. Not to Stevie Y stature obviously but he can talk to a young aspiring defenceman and go '' I've played over 1200 games in the NHL kid, I know a thing or two about being a pro Dman, trust me '' . He can even have Subban make a little impromptu phone call to the kid, selling him on playing for us.

"You want to have suits like mine, kid?"

"No..."

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Great. So you think we need a face? Have Bergevin bring Subban. Let Subban tell the guys who it is to play for this team and sell it to them. And I don't believe it. Could be a no-name that comes and see you, he's still the GM. And he still shows that your Worth a visit.

Better yet bring Petry. He obviously thought Montreal was a great organization and has another organization to compare it to ;)

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Don't hate on bergy guy actually has style ... More people should dress like him

Guys who hate on him probably dress at GAP and pretend to know a thing or two about fashion. Bergevin' s style is awesome. His suits are up there with the best of the best ive seen imo. And i'm a HUGE suit lover.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I say it's between CHI, MIN, NYR and PIT.

I don't get NYR in that last though.

He would be stuck behind a bunch of guys and would have to settle for a 3rd pairing job.

I think we will be in the list.

After Beaulieu we literally have no one else that could challenge for a spot besides Subban.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Guys who hate on him probably dress at GAP and pretend to know a thing or two about fashion. Bergevin' s style is awesome. His suits are up there with the best of the best ive seen imo. And i'm a HUGE suit lover.

The best you've seen? Really?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

They are OK.

I am not a fan of the crazy patterns that he uses in his suits but the fit is quite good.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

He would be stuck behind a bunch of guys and would have to settle for a 3rd pairing job.

After Beaulieu we literally have no one else that could challenge for a spot besides Subban.

New York is the best place to live on the planet if you have money. There's a reason they get every single free agent they want.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

The city of New York is reason enough first of all, and the Rangers might have to trade one of their D's to clear up cap room, possibly Staal or Girardi.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Amongst the five kingpins & their lawyer(John Sedgewick), Trevor Timmins the only non-NHL player, Marc Bergevin & Larry Carriere both veteran NHL defencemen, then two veteran NHL PWF's of note, Rick Dudley & Scott Mellanby the Habs front office personnel represent a distinct NHL veteran presence. All very well known for their competitive spirits as players, for those fans that would recognize these names instantly for their competitive fierceness and team first ethics throughout their careers. The Habs are well represented in each area of hockey, through junior leagues, minor pro worldwide, as well as in every pro league European or NA. The Habs scouts are recognized as the cream of talent evaluation in hockey, wherever they surface as seen by Sekac's signing last season as well as Carr's from the NCAA. Very little of hockey's talent can elude the watching eyes the Habs have under the Bergevin regime, a fact noticed when he first became GM, the scouting team was rebuilt first with Rick Dudley becoming their Pro Scout and Asst.GM alongside a beefing up of top name scouts. No worries about the Habs missing out on any front to do with hockey talent, their fingerprints will be there checking out each detail thoroughly, with a staff that's known well for their 24/7 work ethic nothing worthy will go unnoticed, of that I'm positive.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad