Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 4m4 minutes ago
The 9 clubs Reilly meeting with: CHI, CBJ, DET, EDM, LA, MIN, MTL, NYR, PIT. Reilly officially becomes UFA on June 16.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
We have a chance?

That'd be nice..

If MB can pull that off, then we have a real serious logjam on the blueline.....but Oiler fans will STILL say we aren't good trading partners.....as they frantically search for blueline help

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If MB can pull that off, then we have a real serious logjam on the blueline.....but Oiler fans will STILL say we aren't good trading partners.....as they frantically search for blueline help

We'd move Tinordi/Emelin if we got Rielly.

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Rielly-Gilbert

Rather solid.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
We'd move Tinordi/Emelin if we got Rielly.

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Rielly-Gilbert

Rather solid.

I agree, they would be the pieces I would dangle as well. And I see fairly solid returns....maybe CLB would actually trade with us for one of them.....that would be pretty amusing actually

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd go absolutely bananas if we signed Reilly. Bobby Mac says we're in the mix.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think we're an attractive place for FAs. Winning culture, good management, nice city, willing to give out fair contracts, players are treated quite well by fans (better than TO)...

I think we've got a shot here, even if it is small. Reilly is a good enough prospect that he shouldn't have to worry about playing time. I'm sure MB would make necessary moves to create room. Stay positive, keep hoping!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think we're an attractive place for FAs. Winning culture, good management, nice city, willing to give out fair contracts, players are treated quite well by fans (better than TO)...

I think we've got a shot here, even if it is small. Reilly is a good enough prospect that he shouldn't have to worry about playing time. I'm sure MB would make necessary moves to create room. Stay positive, keep hoping!

Especially on the left. Reilly sees our left side as gold for him. Wouldn't be the same if he would be a righty.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah....Reilly is from Minny isn't he?

Yep, he's been out a few times though, he played a season in the BCHL . The homer factor might not be as high for him. If he looks at it purely from a ''where can i be a starter the fastest'' then our team has to be attractive for him. Our LD depth chart is pretty open and some of his direct competition might be traded before long.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yep, he's been out a few times though, he played a season in the BCHL . The homer factor might not be as high for him. If he looks at it purely from a ''where can i be a starter the fastest'' then our team has to be attractive for him. Our LD depth chart is pretty open.

Looking at the left d-men of all those teams....which team would you feel you can make the team and even play a big role?

Minny: Suter, Scandella, Dumba
Chicago: Keith, Cumiskey, Oduya
Columbus: Johnson, Murray, Tyutin
Detroit: Ericsson, DeKeyzer, Smith
Edmonton: Klefbom, Davidson, Marincin...(tough to beat....;))
LA: Muzzin, Martinez, McNabb
Habs: Markov, Emelin, Gilbert, Beaulieu
Rangers: McDonagh, Staal, Yandle...(geez the Rangers are moving who? Starting to Wonder....can Reilly play right?)
Pittsburgh: Martin, Scuderi, Dumoulin

In all honesty....even if we move somebody....we are stronger than a few teams in there....

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd stay FAR away from Edmonton if I were him at the very least, even if things are starting to turn around for them. They've got no veteran worth a dime on that roster to play with him on defense and he'll end up like Schultz within a year.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
If we do sign Reilly, does he go the NHL or AHL? Personally, a year in the ahl for a defensemen would be a great thing.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If we do sign Reilly, does he go the NHL or AHL? Personally, a year in the ahl for a defensemen would be a great thing.

When you have a choice between 9 teams, chances are you are looking for a REAL shot to be a NHL'er as soon as next year.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Looking at the left d-men of all those teams....which team would you feel you can make the team and even play a big role?

Minny: Suter, Scandella, Dumba
Chicago: Keith, Cumiskey, Oduya
Columbus: Johnson, Murray, Tyutin
Detroit: Ericsson, DeKeyzer, Smith
Edmonton: Klefbom, Davidson, Marincin...(tough to beat....;))
LA: Muzzin, Martinez, McNabb
Habs: Markov, Emelin, Gilbert, Beaulieu
Rangers: McDonagh, Staal, Yandle...(geez the Rangers are moving who? Starting to Wonder....can Reilly play right?)
Pittsburgh: Martin, Scuderi, Dumoulin

In all honesty....even if we move somebody....we are stronger than a few teams in there....

Minny and the Rangers are both pretty stacked on the left side, but we know one is the Rangers and the other is his home town team so they'll be in the mix. I doubt he goes to CBJ at this point. Detroit and LA are kinda equal I'd assume, they'll be considered. Pittsburgh and Edmonton are by far the weakest on LD and they both have their pros and cons, the Chance to build with their young core or Join Crosby and Malkin.

Chicago, the probable cup winners and will be good for many years and have a spot for him, not to mention every UFA seems to want to go there. I say they have the best odds.

Where does that put us? Tough to tell but with Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu it's going to be a tough sell from a guaranteed play time standpoint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad