GDT: UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Personally, I'd have loved to see a tap to see them go balls to the wall again haha

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
When Overeem said the ref missed the tap, I kinda wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but didn't seem like anything on the first pair of replays.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Actually ... when Reem grabs Miocic ... at the beginning, you see Miocic trying to find his way with his right arm ... in the fire of a fight ... Reem could have thought that it was a tap ... whatever ... the ref didn't stop it ... and he admitted that he didn't let go ... . But i think that he was honest.
Reem is a great guy ! i heard him speaking about his oponents out of a fighting context and he is full of respect. And smartly ! (while he looks primitive ... i know) he is brilliant.

We had really 3 weird fights ! what a strange card it was.

CM punk like a beginner (which he is but ... you don't walk on a guy like that !! specially jiujitsu guys)
Werdum uninteresting ... = Werdum ... and happa with a broken finger.
And the Reem fighting weird like forgetting his 25 years of training and throwing big swings ... Miocic seems really solid. i wonder how it will be against Cain (next fight imo).

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Punk quit in the middle of a storyline and hurt the people he was working with. He could have finished the storyline with one more appearance but decided quitting on his fans and co-workers was the better choice. I can't respect people who hurt others when it can be easily fixed.

I get that he wanted to quit the WWE. I get that he was done with it. He could have still respected his co-workers and fans (a big part of the reason he's got the money he needs to be comfortable in life). But he just walked out. I could never walk out on a job - regardless if I was done with it or not because I know it would hurt others. I'll give my notice, I'll finish up my duties, and be on my way.

Just a personal thing. Same thing where I get mad as hell if people play sports with no heart.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Reem just had his head dribbled like a basketball off the mat while he unconscious. I wouldn't be too hard on him for some post-fight confusion.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Miocic has so some heavvvvvvy hands. Although Reem has one of the worst chins in all of UFC for a heavyweight...

Last edited:

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I like Overeem but I honestly think it's time for him to retire, that chin of his does not hold up very well. Also Miocic fought a pretty sloppy fight, but he's a pretty tough guy so I'm not surprised he won, though I feel like a 100% Cain would absolutely destroy him.

The Werdum fight was entertaining in the first round but then it was boring. That stoppage was crap in the beginning, there are no timeouts in MMA yet somehow that one slipped by. I also like the fact that Werdum kicked Edmund there in the end lol, I can't stand that guy and I have a feeling Browne is done with him too as he should.

CM Punk was a freak show, though I'm actually interested in this Gall kid, he seems very skilled and I'm very curious to see how he does against good fighters.

Actually ... when Reem grabs Miocic ... at the beginning, you see Miocic trying to find his way with his right arm ... in the fire of a fight ... Reem could have thought that it was a tap

I'm thinking that's what happened too, I don't think Overeem is the kind of guy that would come across as a sore loser, I'm sure after seeing the video he'll clarify that he felt it as a tap even though it was not, though if I was him, I would have waited to see the video to be sure then if there was a tap, I would bring it up in the press conference.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Main Event saved that card. Cool to do the O-H I-O chant but other than that, I'm good on going to a live event again.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I thought he tapped initially aswell but the the angle on the other side showed Stipe was defending. This reminds me of the GSP Hendricks fight when everyone thought Hendricks tapped.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like Overeem but I honestly think it's time for him to retire, that chin of his does not hold up very well. Also Miocic fought a pretty sloppy fight, but he's a pretty tough guy so I'm not surprised he won, though I feel like a 100% Cain would absolutely destroy him.

The guy just fought for the belt and almost won it. An hour later the internet is calling for him to retire. Alright then.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great main event. Gall and Andrade looked great. The other two main card fights were absolutely brutal. Browne looked like he didn't even want to be in there.

Such a weird night of interviews.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It wasn't the best card, but I was entertained. Miocic with a devastating knockout in front of his hometown crowd, and CM Punk demonstrating why the Unified Rules of MMA needs to develop of a Class system similar to Shooto. I love Punk, I applaud the heart and courage he displayed in going out on the biggest state in the sport, but that was embarrassing. The only good thing to come of it is Gall calling out Sage.

If Punk does continue in MMA, and I actually hope he does, I hope he does it properly, get some amateur fights in, get on a regional circuit and go from there. Whether he wants to go that route at 38 remains to be seen, but I think he's in decent enough shape to do it. If this were boxing, he wouldnt be starting out in a 10-round fight on a big PPV, he'd be in a 4-round fight on Spike.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Man that main event. That punch that caught Stipe in the beginning really caught him off guard, I think he recovered well and after Reem got caught he seemed almost like he was fighting on instinct, with those wild punches, just trying to keep Stipe away. Stipe vs Cain is gonna be awesome, I don't think Cain his the BIG power to hurt Stipe early like that, and Stipe has good wrestling/cardio, could be an absolute war.

Love Miocic, Hunt-Arlovski-Werdum-Overeem. Quite the resume he's building, if he adds a Velasquez/JDS to that list, he throws himself right in there as one of the best HW's of all time.

And pleeeease ban Edmond for life, I hope Browne was thinking "I need to leave this bum" after that fight, he's looked like garbage under him. And take Rousey with!!

Sounds like the UFC approached Punk about fighting for them, he said he fully planned to start at the lowest level, but got a UFC offer that he just couldn't turn down. Best of luck to him if he pursues fighting at a lower level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad