GDT: UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
200px-UFC_195_pre_sale.jpg

Date: January 2, 2016
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Time: 7pm PT/10pm ET
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Welterweight Championship bout: Robbie Lawler (c) vs. Carlos Condit
Heavyweight bout: Stipe Miocic vs. Andrei Arlovski
Welterweight bout: Lorenz Larkin vs. Albert Tumenov
Featherweight bout: Diego Brandao vs. Brian Ortega
Lightweight bout: Abel Trujillo vs. Tony Sims

PRELIMINARY CARD (Fox Sports 1, TSN 5)

Bantamweight bout: Michael McDonald vs. Masanori Kanehara
Welterweight bout: Kyle Noke vs. Alex Morono
Women's Strawweight bout: Justine Kish vs. Nina Ansaroff
Lightweight bout: Scott Holtzman vs. Drew Dober

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Joseph Duffy
Bantamweight bout: Joe Soto vs. Michinori Tanaka
Welterweight bout: Sheldon Westcott vs. Edgar Garcia

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event is can't miss for me. Very excited for that fight.

I'm also looking forward to Miocic vs. Arlovski, Larkin vs. Tumenov, and the return of Michael McDonald.

Don't overlook Poirier vs. Duffy either since it's buried on the Fight Pass prelims. I think that's like a main card fight right there. Apparently they're trying to make up for it being cancelled the last time it was scheduled so they're putting it on Fight Pass again.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
+1 about Poirier and Duffy.

How did Stipe look in the Cigano fight? Lost a unanimous decision, but was it even close? I don't remember that fight at all. Arlovski doesn't throw heat like JDS but he's close to that level of striker. Wonder if this is a bridge too far for Miocic.

Should be a great main event, the Vegas lines have them both -105 to -115 ... toss up. Condit is too clever to get KO'ed by Lawler so I think Condit edges it, but that's really hard to call. Lawler's a ****ing beast.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Lawler is a helluva crafty striker with some of the best pocket striking in MMA. Sneaky good defense, high adaptation skills and scary crafty power striking whereas Condit is pretty bad defensively which ultimately should be the key factor. IMO lawler should be at favorite odds, not at pickem odds

How did Stipe look in the Cigano fight? Lost a unanimous decision, but was it even close? I don't remember that fight at all. Arlovski doesn't throw heat like JDS but he's close to that level of striker. Wonder if this is a bridge too far for Miocic.

It was pretty close. It was pretty much a striking war. JDS pretty much won by outstriking him in every round though.

Miocic should pretty much beat Arlovski in any area of the fight, even on the feet.

member 51464

Lawler seems to have a knack for somehow still winning in spite of getting beat the hell up. Guy is just tough. As long as his chin holds up, he will be hard to take the belt from.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
Can't wait for the 2 last fights, Miocic, Lawler and Condit are 3 of my favorite fighters. I haven't seen Condit fight in a while so I don't know what shape he´s in, but it should be a war between him and Lawler, with Lawler probably winning by decision.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Like others have mentioned I'm beyond pumped for the big 3 fights. Lawler became one of my favorites after his last fight, wanna see if Arlo can keep on rolling, and I'm interested to see where Duffy is, I think Poirier is the perfect match up for us to determine that. Wooo 5 more hours

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Lawler is a helluva crafty striker with some of the best pocket striking in MMA. Sneaky good defense, high adaptation skills and scary crafty power striking whereas Condit is pretty bad defensively which ultimately should be the key factor. IMO lawler should be at favorite odds, not at pickem odds

I agree on most points but the thing with Condit is that he gets more and more dangerous as the fight advance and he and his opponent open up.

Style wise this should be an absolute epic fight. Hopefully it will make up for Aldo - McGregor. Don,t get me wrong the KO was great but i wanted to see it going longer than 13 secs. Lawler - Condit should deliver on the front

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I agree on most points but the thing with Condit is that he gets more and more dangerous as the fight advance and he and his opponent open up.

That's one of the things that makes this very intriguing. Condit really gets going in the later rounds but in the last few fights, Lawler has been doing the same. Lawler seems to start off well, pace himself a bit in the middle rounds, and then start firing from anywhere and everywhere to finish it off.

member 51464

This Duffy/Poirier fight is probably the most excited I have been for a UFC Fight Pass fight, haha.

member 51464

Middle of that 3rd round of Soto/Tanaka was weird with both men imploring the other to punch.

Tanaka running out of gas. Soto should be just going all-out to knock him out now. Tanaka doesn't have much left.

member 51464

Damn, son. Soto was robbed. Tanaka had good takedown D and counters, but......wow.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought that was a pretty fun fight. Had Soto winning but it was close IMO.

member 51464

I agree. Robbed was too strong, but I definitely had it going Soto's way.

It is so awkward watching the way Duffy holds himself when standing. Some good trades in this first round.

member 51464

lol, Poirier talking **** before throwing an elbow while he bleeds all over Duffy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good fight. Poirier really controlled it after the 1st round and landed some big shots when he was on top. Odd stand up in the final round.

Would have liked to see 5 rounds.

member 51464

Yeah, I agree it was a good fight. I haven't looked too much into Duffy's fight history since coming to UFC, but I feel like even he could tell this was a step up in the kind of guys he has been fighting. I look forward to seeing how he bounces back.

Being lightweight made me think about how Al Iaquinta hasn't fought in a while. Hope to see him again soon.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Being lightweight made me think about how Al Iaquinta hasn't fought in a while. Hope to see him again soon.

He's out for a while. I think until summer. I like him too so hopefully he comes back strong from his injury.

member 51464

I didn't even realize he was hurt. Last I remember was him getting pissed at the crowd when he thought he was getting booed, haha.

Also, I missed most of that fight, but I've never seen a human before Holtzman whose nipples so perfectly matched the skin tone of the rest of their body. Creepy.

member 51464

I feel like gal should've gotten more time after the eye poke.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Welcome back, McDonald. Nice transition to the RNC after it looked like he was going to get choked out.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad