GDT: UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Totally robbed by the judges, Condit had more strikes in a landslide. So what, a couple big shots here and there wins the fight. BS.

Ill take High damage over volume of avg strikes...

always been like thast in MMA since PRIDE 1

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I literally am blown away by this. Like, I am pretty sure Condit just got robbed. wtf. Glad I only streamed this and didn't pay, lol.

bert20stare.gif

Sucks for Condit, he got Robbed. Though that's how it should have gone if they had weighted scoring for how the rounds end and how the fight ends.

member 51464

bert20stare.gif

Sucks for Condit, he got Robbed. Though that's how it should have gone if they had weighted scoring for how the rounds end and how the fight ends.

What do you mean? Like 5th round is worth more than 1st?

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
How can Lawler win this by decision when he did nothing until the 5th.

Because 99% of people don't actually know what the criteria is and the sad reality is if you ask any judge on the spot what the actual criteria was they would not know it. Most people still think that damage is a valid scoring criteria to this day. It's just sad how the sport doesn't progress at all when it comes to scoring, if anything it just becomes more murky.

member 51464

So what are the actual scoring criteria? Are they well-defined anywhere?

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Savvy;111565693[B said:
]Because 99% of people don't actually know what the criteria and the sad reality is if you ask any judge on the spot what the actual criteria was they would not know it.[/B] Most people still think that damage is a valid scoring criteria to this day. It's just sad how the sport doesn't progress at all when it comes to scoring, if anything it just becomes more murky.

Damage been more improtant since UFC/Pride 1...

you clearly new tot he sports SIR

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Because 99% of people don't actually know what the criteria and the sad reality is if you ask any judge on the spot what the actual criteria was they would not know it. Most people still think that damage is a valid scoring criteria to this day. It's just sad how the sport doesn't progress at all when it comes to scoring, if anything it just becomes more murky.

I'll admit I don't know too much about UFC scoring but in boxing it's the connection that counts not how 'big' a punch it is. That's how technique is rewarded.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Damage been more improtant since UFC/Pride 1...

you clearly new tot he sports SIR

I've likely been a fan longer then you've been a alive.

http://www.ufc.ca/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant

Feel free to show me the damage scoring criteria. I'd say I'll wait but I would be waiting quite a while, at least until some rules change.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Condit 1,3,4. Robbery.

Robbie is definitely not a Jon Jones type of a dominant champ but he's a warrior. No one in the division can really beat him dominantly; I wonder how GSP would look against him.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
I've likely been a fan longer then you've been a alive.

http://www.ufc.ca/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant

Feel free to show me the damage scoring criteria. I'd say I'll wait but I would be waiting quite a while, at least until some rules change.

Nope. Been watching since UFC 1 / Pride 1 on Sherdog since his forum debut 2004....4 words password still exist lmao
Sakuraba still the GOAT

and 50 clean jabs will never have more value than 20 clean hooks

also thanks for cutting the real description:

“Effective striking” is judged by determining the impact of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the number of such legal strikes. Heavier strikes that have a visible impact on the opponent will be given more weight than the number of strikes landed. These assessments include causing an opponent to appear stunned from a legal blow, causing the opponent to stagger, appearance of a cut or bruise from a legal strike and causing the opponent to show pain. Cumulative impact on a fighter will also be weighed. If neither fighter shows an advantage in impact of strikes, the number of strikes will determine the most effective striker

Last edited:

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Condit 1,3,4. Robbery.

Robbie is definitely not a Jon Jones type of a dominant champ but he's a warrior. No one in the division can really beat him dominantly; I wonder how GSP would look against him.

pretty badly if he can't take lawler down. GSP is predominantly an outfighter on the feet. I don't think GSP is a better outfighter than Condit (when GSP beat condit, he was being a pressure fighter and pressure fighting Lawler is a terrible idea)

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Nope. Been watching since UFC 1 / Pride 1
Sakuraba still the GOAT

Effective agressiveness = damage. You could have 60- definitions for thsoe garbage words anyway.

Never in UFC 50 Jabs will be more valuable than 25 hooks...LMAO

I could have judged Lawler had ring control/Agressiveness and Better Defense has Condit whiffed a lot...lmao

So what you just said was essentially you're rules are the rules and the rules listed are not. That in itself, I mean what does someone say to that? That mentality itself makes what you're saying about being a fan since day one make it very hard to believe.

Do I really need to list you the definitions for aggression and damage? I don't know why I even replied to this to be honest. The response I got to your statement of "You don't know the rules" was essentially "**** the rules, I make the rules!" like...

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
So what you just said was essentially you're rules are the rules and the rules listed are not. That in itself, I mean what does someone say to that? That mentality itself makes what you're saying about being a fan since day one make it very hard to believe.

Do I really need to list you the definitions for aggression and damage? I don't know why I even replied to this to be honest. The response I got to your statement of "You don't know the rules" was essentially "**** the rules, I make the rules!" like...

You looked at UFC Website where they have a resume of definition...so thanks for cutting a part of the description

“Effective striking” is judged by determining the impact of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the number of such legal strikes. Heavier strikes that have a visible impact on the opponent will be given more weight than the number of strikes landed

the improtant parts you forgot...

in RESUME:

Yep. Quality > quantity

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Nope. Been watching since UFC 1 / Pride 1 on Sherdog since his forum debut 2004....4 words password still exist lmao
Sakuraba still the GOAT

and 50 clean jabs will never have more value than 20 clean hooks

also thanks for cutting the real description:

“Effective striking†is judged by determining the impact of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the number of such legal strikes. Heavier strikes that have a visible impact on the opponent will be given more weight than the number of strikes landed. These assessments include causing an opponent to appear stunned from a legal blow, causing the opponent to stagger, appearance of a cut or bruise from a legal strike and causing the opponent to show pain. Cumulative impact on a fighter will also be weighed. If neither fighter shows an advantage in impact of strikes, the number of strikes will determine the most effective striker

When did Lawler damage Condit in rounds 1, 3, and 4? MMA is scored by round, and Condit clearly did more damage in those rounds, he even had Robbie wobbled a few times.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Such a great main event. That 5th round was incredible. Condit's footwork, movement, angles, and use of every weapon (punches, elbows, leg kicks, knees) was so fun to watch. Lawler never gave up and finished strong like he usually does.

I had Condit winning 48-47 but the 3rd round was a close one. So while I was surprised at the decision, I didn't think it was a robbery. I'm usually against rematches but with such a close fight like this and no clear cut #1 contender (sorry Woodley), I'd be all for an immediate rematch. If not, Lawler vs Woodley and Condit vs Rory II wouldn't be bad at all.

Stipe! I badly wanted to pick him by an early KO but I was too chicken to bet on it. Interesting matchmaking decision to make in this division too. I think both Stipe and Overeem make a good case to be next in line.

Larkin vs Tumenov was another close one but I thought they got the decision correct. Very technical fight.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
per Helwani twitter:

Damn.

Oh well, in the end of they day I like both guys so it doesn't hurt that much as a Condit fan. I had Hendricks winning 48-47 in the rematch between him and Lawler and was glad to see Lawler get the nod in that fight anyway. Robbie is an animal and fun to watch.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Amazing 5th round. Hard to criticize the decision either way.

Nice win for Miocic, though the rest of the card wasn't great.

McDonald's win was amazing. What a transition. 99% of guys are tapping to the choke he was stuck in.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Rewatched the 3rd of the fight: I have to give to Lawler. Condit really didn't land anything clean except one knee and a few leg kicks. Anything else was mostly missed shots or landed on the hands of Lawler, whereas Lawler landed much cleaner shots off the counter. The number of shots landed cleanly really wasn't lopsided for Condit and Lawler landed much MUCH better shots

Last edited:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
My Shaw box screwed up and the PPV never came on at all, nor recorded. By the time I got home and called Shaw and got it fixed Round 3 just started. So, based on the three rounds I actually saw, I had Condit up 2-1, with Lawler winning round 5.
They gave me a $50 credit though, and after that 5th round, I'm okay with paying $10 :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Carlos Condit might be the biggest bro in the UFC. That guy just seems like a pretty chilled out, relaxed dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad