GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Pavard clears a ball off the line with Bayern 1-0 down already. This draw is a lot more interesting than expected, Salzburg have some amazing kids.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There's no tactic/approach that works every time. If the game ended sixty seconds earlier, it's a master stroke. Leave alone, approach aside, they played very poorly.
I think it was less about away or not and recognizing there was a real chance they likely could have been out of it before half time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pay him all the money.

Liverpool wore them down, Inter look spent

Yeah they were victims of their own good play here. They played so well that the manager made one sub because he didn't want to take any of them off. He left them out there to die.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just glad we won. Until they tired out that was quite poor. Konate and VVD played great though. Tough to get great scoring chances playing against those two.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's offbase if you think the difference between the two is that Donnarumma isn't a "fulltime starter". The context is highly different for both goalies. PSG are playing Navas half the game because he's a world class goalie.
So is Courtois. Tie breaker goes to the full time player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm a bit torn on this. I certainly don't rate his game as high as you do (you had him 3rd I think), but he was still the guy who made the most progressed meters with the ball.
His missed penalty cristalizes the critics, as well as his reaction on Mbappe's goal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm a bit torn on this. I certainly don't rate his game as high as you do (you had him 3rd I think), but he was still the guy who made the most progressed meters with the ball.
His missed penalty cristalizes the critics, as well as his reaction on Mbappe's goal.
Ya I had Verrati and Mbappe ahead of him but I can’t think of any other psg player who played better. He could’ve easily had 2 assists his link up play was still elite as well. People will point to the penalty it is what it is. I just noticed the French media are quick to discredit his matches.

Not sure I get the celebration what happened there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad