GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Seems totally crazy to me.
So Ancelotti's tac was give up the ball in your last 30 meters. :dunno:
Poch beat Pep in a CL matchup. If he can surprise me again like he has last week, then I can't see how he couldn't beat him again.

To be fair that was a ridiculous tie.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Looks like UEFA are putting contingency plans in place to move the UCL final away from St Petersburg following Russia's, er.... peacekeeping operation in Eastern Ukraine.

Uefa in talks over moving Champions League final from St Petersburg after Russia invasion | Sport | The Times

One option being considered by UEFA is to wait until the semi-finals are played and then choose the most convenient venue for both finalists.

I'm actually in shock that UEFA are able to come up with such a common sense approach. Although the thought of Manchester City and Liverpool playing in the Champions League final at Old Trafford would be a new low in the post Fergie era.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Looks like UEFA are putting contingency plans in place to move the UCL final away from St Petersburg following Russia's, er.... peacekeeping operation in Eastern Ukraine.

Uefa in talks over moving Champions League final from St Petersburg after Russia invasion | Sport | The Times

One option being considered by UEFA is to wait until the semi-finals are played and then choose the most convenient venue for both finalists.

I'm actually in shock that UEFA are able to come up with such a common sense approach. Although the thought of Manchester City and Liverpool playing in the Champions League final at Old Trafford would be a new low in the post Fergie era.

Seems like Wembley would be a good option if English teams are in it since it’s neutral and easily capable of holding a large crowd.

They could also do something in a neutral country to both finalists and you’ve got many options to choose from between France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, etc

I’m skeptical of UEFA actually pulling the trigger on it though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Cavani still out with a groin injury and sounds like could be out for a while. Imagine if United didn't get Ronaldo... Out of form Rashford and youngster Elanga the only forwards available... :help:

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah you have zero idea of what Martial's form/mindset would be if he was not riding the bench in favor of Ronaldo.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Remember when a crooked ref told Giggs to be unsportsmanlike in order to beat Lille in the CL?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And as we all know, Martial is unpredictable. Using last season is moot.
Correct. We all know he’s as talented as most strikers out there but his utilization of it is not great. It’s pretty clear he wanted to move on though based on a lot of things.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes and I'm sure he'll get a hot streak or two.
But as I said when you guys spent a crazy sum of money on him, he's not worth the price between the ears. Talent is huge, no doubt. But he was already too inconsistant.
That said, I still think he's better suited to play striker.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But as I said when you guys spent a crazy sum of money on him, he's not worth the price between the ears. Talent is huge, no doubt. But he was already too inconsistant.

He has the talent, but the issue is indeed between his ears. And for a player his age, he's beginning to amass an injury history almost worthy of the Jari Litmanen trophy.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
100%. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he scores 10+ goals at Sevilla.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Seems like Wembley would be a good option if English teams are in it since it’s neutral and easily capable of holding a large crowd.

They could also do something in a neutral country to both finalists and you’ve got many options to choose from between France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, etc

I’m skeptical of UEFA actually pulling the trigger on it though.

From that BBC link few posts ago: "BBC Sport understands the game will still be played on Saturday, 28 May, which is likely to rule Wembley out as a host as the League Two and Championship play-off finals are set to be played at the stadium over that weekend."

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why would it be at Wembley anyway?
They already benefited from the Euro games, why the CL final?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad