GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's the danger of playing the boy in midfield. He doesn't quite track back like a professional just yet.
Keita would have been a good shout too. I still have faith in Harvey but this is a big jump. Would not have played Henderson.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think it's much of a claim indeed. The D is better by a wide margin (both in CD and WB), the forwards too. And people continue to underrate Verratti. Poch did well with his use of Paredes and especially Danilo. The only area where Madrid was supposed to be better is midfield and coaching. Turns out Poch did very well and won the midfield battle.
If you do a combined XI I think it would be 6-5 with the 11th spot depending on the formation. Think PSG more top heavy but Madrid might be more rounded

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If you do a combined XI I think it would be 6-5 with the 11th spot depending on the formation. Think PSG more top heavy but Madrid might be more rounded
I'd be curious to see how you can come up with that.
Wash in goal, Marquinhos, Hakimi, Mendes, wash Kimpembe/Alaba
In midfield, Verratti is your first choice, I'll give two spots to Madrid (though as I said, all 3 were inferior to Danilo for instance).
Up front, You take Mbappe, Messi, Benzema.
So that's top 3 spots for Real. And I was being generous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Against the best team in Serie A? Nice try. If LFC doesn’t advance to QF it is a choke though.
Serie A sucks and they're not even the best.
They're fielding a team of old past it (Vidal, Perisic, Dzeko, Handanovic, etc....).
A team starting Arturo Vidal in 2022 is desparate.

Besides, as you noted a lot recently, the coaching is a huge plaus, making it an EASY path for Liverpool.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd be curious to see how you can come up with that.
Wash in goal, Marquinhos, Hakimi, Mendes, wash Kimpembe/Alaba
In midfield, Verratti is your first choice, I'll give two spots to Madrid (though as I said, all 3 were inferior to Danilo for instance).
Up front, You take Mbappe, Messi, Benzema.
So that's top 3 spots for Real. And I was being generous.
Madrid in Goal. CB next to Marquinhos kind of a wash but was favoring Madrid there. LB kind of a wash but was giving it to Mendy (could put Alaba there and Militao at CB but cheating). Agree on midfield, Benzema and Mbappe, but Messi is only making a combined XI on reputation based on form this year. Either way it’s around 6-5 and it’s close.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Serie A sucks and they're not even the best.
They're fielding a team of old past it (Vidal, Perisic, Dzeko, Handanovic, etc....).
A team starting Arturo Vidal in 2022 is desparate.

Besides, as you noted a lot recently, the coaching is a huge plaus, making it an EASY path for Liverpool.
Who is best in Serie A? LFC should advance but I’m not going to say it’s going to be easy. LFC never make it easy :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know if nothing else this game is great preparation for Carabao Cup final against Chelsea.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why Madrid in goal? Do you blame Donnarumma for not having a shot against? I wouldn't take any goalie over him right now.
You're sleeping on Nuno Mendes even after yesterday's game, that's surprising.
Nope, as I said, not close. Taking Madrid in net, CB and LB is just trying to reach.

EDIT : Also Neymar out changes things.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who is best in Serie A? LFC should advance but I’m not going to say it’s going to be easy. LFC never make it easy :)
Milan.
It's much easier for Liverpool to win both legs than Spurs to reach top 4.
Again, ARTURO VIDAL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why Madrid in goal? Do you blame Donnarumma for not having a shot against? I wouldn't take any goalie over him right now.
You're sleeping on Nuno Mendes even after yesterday's game, that's surprising.
Nope, as I said, not close. Taking Madrid in net, CB and LB is just trying to reach.
I am a huge Donnarumma fan but he isn’t even full time starter on PSG. Can’t give it to him. Not sleeping on Nuno Mendes. Thought it was very close, if anything I am surprised you picked him over your compatriot. I have no problem going Nuno there but it’s close. I think you may be sleeping on the season Militao is having. .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I am a huge Donnarumma fan but he isn’t even full time starter on PSG. Can’t give it to him. Not sleeping on Nuno Mendes. Thought it was very close, if anything I am surprised you picked him over your compatriot. I have no problem going Nuno there but it’s close. I think you may be sleeping on the season Militao is having. .
That's an awfull argument. Courtois wasn't a full time starter when Navas were there either.
I'm not sleeping on Militao but he's still far from Marquinhos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad