UBS Arena: Westbound and Down (or something like that)

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
50K to Scott Malkin is like me going to the store to buy a bunch of bananas. It's a PR move, and a cheap one at that.
original-648-1616701821-12.jpg

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The total renovation of Belmont Park is a tandem project. New York Arena Partners is currently in the 2nd phase of their project--building the retail village in the old south parking lot. Meanwhile, NYRA is rebuilding the race track and work is under way in earnest. This story gives more detail as to what is currently under construction and what is still to come next door to UBS Arena.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
well the Isles never cease to find ways to screw over those fans that actually buy ST or packages. My own fault for being gullible I guess. I locked into a contract for the dime club to keep prices flat but that doesn't cover parking. $1,760 for Silver parking this year up from $1,400 (which was already absurd)... individual games only went up from $35 to $40 but now it also went from 40 games to 44 (don't recall why it was 40 not 41 last year) because they are making us buy preseason parking too unlike last year. One thing if we had a monster year last year but after that disappointment?

What are prices of other lots? I am curious. also if you can buy individual games are they higher prices?

(btw I also see they made part of the diamond lot into a new ruby lot).

Kudos to all of you that wait for the resale market on tix and parking, that is the way to go.

Last edited:

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
well the Isles never cease to find ways to screw over those fans that actually buy ST or packages. My own fault for being gullible I guess. I locked into a contract for the dime club to keep prices flat but that doesn't cover parking. $1,760 for Silver parking this year up from $1,400 (which was already absurd)... individual games only went up from $35 to $40 but now it also went from 40 games to 44 (don't recall why it was 40 not 41 last year) because they are making us buy preseason parking too unlike last year. One thing if we had a monster year last year but after that disappointment?

What are prices of other lots? I am curious. also if you can buy individual games are they higher prices?

Kudos to all of you that wait for the resale market on tix and parking, that is the way to go.

I heard from my rep that we will be getting an email on Friday reference parking. We should get preferred price on parking for having season tickets, but I’m sure that will not be the case.

We got a pass on pre season last year since they played the games up in Bridgeport.

Reactions: 19 in a row

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The prices for the Emerald Lot remained the same-$25 if you buy in advance.

The South Garage is $30 in advance, which I believe is the same price as the South Lot was last year.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

I park in Mrs Robinsons driveway 3 blocks away . $10 a game BUT I have to call her when on my way in case she needs milk or something from the store . It’s my deal but it works for me .. LGI
05DD5876-261E-446B-8C21-F703EFBDFF6A.jpeg

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
There looks like there is a new parking section called Ruby. Have no idea what that is. I had silver last year right next to Diamond. Diamond is only for Spotlight seat members. With Dime you can get silver.

Just went to buy my silver parking. I have dime club as well. But whats with this new Ruby lot. Was that Diamond last year or did they move silver over and to the left now?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
There looks like there is a new parking section called Ruby. Have no idea what that is. I had silver last year right next to Diamond. Diamond is only for Spotlight seat members. With Dime you can get silver.

Just went to buy my silver parking. I have dime club as well. But whats with this new Ruby lot. Was that Diamond last year or did they move silver over and to the left now?
Ruby was part of diamond last year. it was the section that was right next to silver. Not sure who has access to it but as a Dime member I got offered silver again.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
The prices for the Emerald Lot remained the same-$25 if you buy in advance.

The South Garage is $30 in advance, which I believe is the same price as the South Lot was last year.
Good to know . My rep told me her email was swamped this morning regarding parking after sending out the email yesterday.

Question, can you buy on a game by game basis ahead to time? Is it more? When we were at the coliseum, I stopped the annual parking as I could just buy on line ahead of time per game at the same price, it was $5 more if you paid when you got to the game. Of course it was even cheaper to park in the Marriott lot.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Good to know . My rep told me her email was swamped this morning regarding parking after sending out the email yesterday.

Question, can you buy on a game by game basis ahead to time? Is it more? When we were at the coliseum, I stopped the annual parking as I could just buy on line ahead of time per game at the same price, it was $5 more if you paid when you got to the game. Of course it was even cheaper to park in the Marriott lot.
I believe you can buy only Emerald parking in advance on Ticketmaster. That would be $25 up to 3 hours before game time, then it would be $30.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Ruby was part of diamond last year. it was the section that was right next to silver. Not sure who has access to it but as a Dime member I got offered silver again.
Yea they are renaming diamond to ruby I was told. I bought silver for my dime seats. Actually made good money on the silver parking passes last season

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The total renovation of Belmont Park is a tandem project. New York Arena Partners is currently in the 2nd phase of their project--building the retail village in the old south parking lot. Meanwhile, NYRA is rebuilding the race track and work is under way in earnest. This story gives more detail as to what is currently under construction and what is still to come next door to UBS Arena.
Is there a link to what the new track will look like?

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I am not sure if they all came at once , I got mine a week ago with a deadline today (why a deadline for parking? IDK, doubt they would have enforced it).
Thanks…just got mine a little while ago. Debating on the garage, anyone park in their yet for a concert?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Thanks…just got mine a little while ago. Debating on the garage, anyone park in their yet for a concert?
I spoke to my rep about the garage as I was nervous to get stuck in there with post-game traffic. They said they did studies with concerts and the last car out (from the time the concert ends) was 40 minutes. With a game - and people leaving at different times - it should be a lot better. He said that there were exits directly onto the CIP from the garage. And that was the LAST car. I'm pretty good at racing out as soon as the horn sounds so hopefully it won't be too big an issue.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the garage as the only other option is Emerald, which is less than ideal.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I spoke to my rep about the garage as I was nervous to get stuck in there with post-game traffic. They said they did studies with concerts and the last car out (from the time the concert ends) was 40 minutes. With a game - and people leaving at different times - it should be a lot better. He said that there were exits directly onto the CIP from the garage. And that was the LAST car. I'm pretty good at racing out as soon as the horn sounds so hopefully it won't be too big an issue.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the garage as the only other option is Emerald, which is less than ideal.
I also bought garage parking for this year. I didn't mind the Emerald Lot at all, but the idea of not having to scrape ice or sweep snow off my car after a game does have a certain appeal to it. Totally worth the extra 10 minutes to exit the garage.

Besides, if we're a bubble team, as I suspect we will be, the games will be half empty considering the stellar fan support we usually get.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad