U17 World Hockey Challenge

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It's not a surprise though, given the success the team had back in August when that top line was together.
It's basically the same forwards lines we had in our preview, aside from the Morin/Genborg swap on the 4th line.
I guess, but you'd want your top line to find the scoresheet which they didn't really do at Finnkampen.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Some big saves from the U.S. goalie in this period. Seems Sweden is controlling the game now and creating more offense.

Those U.S. breakaways are dangerous though... and yeah, there is the tie by LJ Mooney. Very entertaining player.

USA playing better and creating more after the Mooney goal. Swedish players look exhausted at the end of the second.

Last edited:
Reactions: clevelandcane

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Yet another period where Sweden started well but ended horribly. Players not skating or working nearly as hard as the American team. Looked tired. Sweden had major problems with the speedy U.S. players.

Thought Sjöström was the best d defensively and Boumedienne offensively. Frondell did not have super game, but he was one of the more hardworking Swedish forwards always trying to achieve something. Klingsell with two nice writers, but not overly visible otherwise. The Novotny-Hillström-Stenberg line was more or less invisible.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Reactions: William H Bonney

StevenEllisNHL

Nov 29, 2014
Would be great to move the tournament to another country / hockey federation less hellbent on gouging people.
It's a HC event so that'll never happen. But other U-17 events are usually free.

FWIW, quality is the best I've seen at this event. But too expensive to justify for most people. Almost wish the quality was lower for that reason

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It's a HC event so that'll never happen. But other U-17 events are usually free.

FWIW, quality is the best I've seen at this event. But too expensive to justify for most people. Almost wish the quality was lower for that reason

Yes, but other countries could just organize and play in a separate U17 event instead.

1-0 Czechs

Apologize!

Reactions: Czechboy

ThunderStrike

Jul 26, 2023
Sweden vs USA +/-

USA Sweden.png

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Okay. I bought a stream at 1:1.. Since then, we won one faceoff in the first period, put them under a lot of pressure because of that, and ended up collapsing. You can say that we regularly screwed up. I promise I will never buy a stream like that again. What a piece of shit.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Okay. I bought a stream at 1:1.. Since then, we won one faceoff in the first period, put them under a lot of pressure because of that, and ended up collapsing. You can say that we regularly screwed up. I promise I will never buy a stream like that again. What a piece of shit.
I blame you for all of it!

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
US is running our show.lol I stepped away at 3-1 and it's now 7-1. They are having a bad season my ass.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I blame you for all of it!
Incredibly. As if they really wanted to annoy me. At the same time, it didn't look bad at first. What happened next was one huge fiasco. Let's hope this is the traditional slap that we always get sooner or later in this category. And hopefully that's not a realistic picture of the strength of this birth year. I'd rather break something.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Incredibly. As if they really wanted to annoy me. At the same time, it didn't look bad at first. What happened next was one huge fiasco. Let's hope this is the traditional slap that we always get sooner or later in this category. And hopefully that's not a realistic picture of the strength of this birth year. I'd rather break something.
I think it's awesome you paid to see it. You're a better fan than me. Normally I'd pay but f*** Hockey Canada for this one. They don't get my money on this.

Agree.. they played yesterday, went down 3-1 and to OT and a long shootout. Now they come down to Earth. We knew there would be at least two blowouts. This is definitely one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad