Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Its the one site thats great for working with all the big names in rankings.
lol, you didn’t answer any of the questions, one being, why McKenzie had him ranked 29th and you said 96th.

Did you read the article, because McKenzie ranked 96 players, No one cares how many players they ranked, but where they are ranked. What a bad analysis tbh.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
lol, you didn’t answer any of the questions, one being, why McKenzie had him ranked 29th and you said 96th.

Did you read the article, because McKenzie ranked 96 players, No one cares how many players they ranked, but where they are ranked. What a bad analysis tbh.
Dear Mr. Gotchya

He just copy and pasted that part of the article that he just posted.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

No, the article said MacKenzie ranked 96 players. Button ranked 75 players. That was not where Boucher was ranked, but to demonstrate the quality of the lists.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
It was in that we used a 10th overall pick on a guy with physical upside but who hadn't shown much more than a limited offensive potential.

It was COVID etc. so I'm more than willing to give the scouts and Dorion a break, it wasn't ever not going to be a crapshoot.

I get it was a 10th overall pick, but due to the nature of the draft, and how limited the Senators in particular might have been, I don't think we should view it like a regular 10th overall pick. There didn't seem to be the same level of certainty that usually comes with picking that high.

From 2018 to 2023, the Senators gave up multiple high picks while only getting one back via San Jose. So I think the fact that they gave up a 4th OA, 7th OA, and 12th OA over that time frame makes people even more upset over not getting a top end offensive talent at 10th overall. Which may not have even been reasonably possible with the way that draft was, but they saw Sillinger come in and have a strong rookie year, and it only made the criticism of the pick stronger.

We don't know how little info the Sens were working with, what kind of budget they were granted for scouting during COVID vs other teams. The pick is not working out due to injuries, but I am fine with the logic of the pick. We also don't know what the market was trade wise for that pick. Could the Senators have traded it for a 2022 1st Round pick? Could they have traded it for a good player or prospect? Or did nobody want 2021 picks, even one as high as 10?

People bring up scouting lists, but it is clear that there was a disconnect because there is no way he would have been available at the back half of the second round.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No, the article said MacKenzie ranked 96 players.Button ranked 75 players. That was not where Boucher was ranked, but to demonstrate the quality of the lists.
Did you read the article, because McKenzie ranked 96 players,

yep, exactly what you quoted from me, number of guys listed is a useless stat lol, number of players ranked doesn’t show quality of a list.
No idea what your point is tbh, nobody cares how many players are ranked. I’ll tap out now, since this is a pointless debate.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Did you read the article, because McKenzie ranked 96 players,

yep, exactly what you quoted from me, number of guys listed is a useless stat lol, number of players ranked doesn’t show quality of a list.
No idea what your point is tbh, nobody cares how many players are ranked. I’ll tap out now, since this is a pointless debate.
He just listed the rankings that were included to get the average ranking, in which Boucher slotted in at 49th, with an average of 54th.

Boucher was ranked 29th by McKenzie as you mentioned, and that was accounted for in the ranking.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Who would you draft instead of you had a redo? At the time Coronato was next on my list and that’s looking like a solid pick but with hindsight I would trade back for Wyatt Johnson.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
They should've kept it simple and taken Silllinger. It was the obvious pick. For whatever reason, they saw something they liked in Boucher and went way off the board. I think they did something similar in 2019 with Pinto. It was an off the board pick that has worked out beautifully (despite recent developments) and they thought they could do it again.

Reactions: DJB

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They should've kept it simple and taken Silllinger. It was the obvious pick. For whatever reason, they saw something they liked in Boucher and went way off the board. I think they did something similar in 2019 with Pinto. It was an off the board pick that has worked out beautifully (despite recent developments) and they thought they could do it again.
Pinto wasn’t really an off the board pick, he was ranked about 10 lower than where he went.

It was just maligned here because people wanted guys like Kaliyev.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Who would you draft instead of you had a redo? At the time Coronato was next on my list and that’s looking like a solid pick but with hindsight I would trade back for Wyatt Johnson.
Hindsight is easy of course, but I wanted Sillinger.

Norris had not really broken out, Pinto was something of a risk and Stutzle was on the wing. Another potential middle six center seemed good.

Cossa was next on my list, and that is more risky than Boucher, but with much greater reward.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I heard a rumour out of Belleville that this has nothing to do with his groin - it is the surgically repaired shoulder that is still giving him trouble. This is third hand from someone close to the team, and I'm certainly not vouching for its accuracy, but it would make sense. Two months for a tweaked groin is ridiculous, but a tweaked groin as a cover for a slow recovery from shoulder surgery makes a lot more sense. Eventually they are going to have to come clean on what is ailing him - not sure why they don't just get it over with...
I didn’t even know he hurt his shoulder lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He just listed the rankings that were included to get the average ranking, in which Boucher slotted in at 49th, with an average of 54th.

Boucher was ranked 29th by McKenzie as you mentioned, and that was accounted for in the ranking.
Whole problem was , poster didn’t list any rankings, or I wouldn’t of commented, poster listed how many players each website listed, but made it sound like they were rankings.

Reactions: BondraTime

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

Pinto wasn't off the board. Once you're into the early second round, there is far less consensus and the range of possibilities really opens up. It wasn't strange to see Pinto go early 2nd, even if that was at the higher end of his range.

The obvious and unfortunate off the board comparison for Boucher is our very own Brian Lee. A late 1st/early second round prospect that went way higher than anyone expected (other examples that come to mind of guys jumping like this are Blake Wheeler, which really worked out, and Thomas Hickey, which didn't really). At least this time, it doesn't look like we've passed on a falling Anze Kopitar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laphroaig

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Na you just run up to the podium in disbelief that he is still there. No way Johnston lasts to 10 in a redraft.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
thread gets bumped when he isn't playing but when he back in its crickets?

Anyhow I can't get excited for this kid until he can get some health behind him for a long stretch. Same situation with Ridly.

• Haha
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
...but he's not back and there's no timeline for his return.
Damn, thats a L on me.

1701037351659.png

didn't know we had another boucher in belleville.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
thread gets bumped when he isn't playing but when he back in its crickets?

Anyhow I can't get excited for this kid until he can get some health behind him for a long stretch. Same situation with Ridly.
Don’t think he’s back in yet, didn’t see his name on today’s lineup.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He's not even with the team in Belleville - apparently he was at the 67's game today with Sens management.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's sent back to the OHL if he ever gets healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad