Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Worst top-10 pick in at least 10 years. Thanks Pierre.

2 years in, it was already quite obvious that 40th OA compensatory pick would've been preferable, but he doubled down.
Boucher was signed a month into his first season

You can't get a compensation pick for a signed player

Boucher is in a much worse spot now with new ownership and management.

Whoever comes in will have no ties to picks made, and will be much less forgiving and gracious.

He needed to get on the ice, and plug away in the AHL/CHL. He's missed so much time, and was so behind the 8 ball already.

Scoring a ppg in the CHL is a very easy thing to do. Just going on precedent, I would have assumed that was an absloute given as a 10th overall 19 year old.

He's got to get back and get playing, otherwise he's going to be left in the dust

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Amazing how little this guy has played since being drafted

62 games, including playoffs, what a disaster....
You mean for him personally…with his injuries, that seem to main reason he hasn’t played much, right?

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
10th overall is a cursed pick. Barely any talent comes out of the pick and nearly all fail to meet expectations.

If he plays 100 games in the NHL I would be shocked.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I saw potential and was hopeful as long as he got to playing lots of games and developing.
He hasn’t done that at all so I’m not so hopeful anymore.
It’s going to be more miraculous now if he gets up here. He’s at least a couple years away now.
At best I see him playing the rest of this year and most of next yr in Belleville then assess. Whereas before I thought he might see some games by the end of this year.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I saw potential and was hopeful as long as he got to playing lots of games and developing.
He hasn’t done that at all so I’m not so hopeful anymore.
It’s going to be more miraculous now if he gets up here. He’s at least a couple years away now.
At best I see him playing the rest of this year and most of next yr in Belleville then assess. Whereas before I thought he might see some games by the end of this year.

If he's healthy he should probably be in the OHL this year. If not he might not even make Belleville. Not sure the ECHL would be a good spot for such an injury prone player.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He was injured in the rookie camp, hasn't been on the ice since.

He was sent down to Belleville, but I'm assuming he's just been rehabbing with the training staff.

He's been practising or at least skating. He popped up in one of the BSens post-practise Instagram videos, coming off the ice. That was weeks ago, though.

I am starting to think there is more going on here.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
he is a bust

missing valuable time at this age for a guy who was not very good to begin with is rough

Reactions: Larionov

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Boucher was signed a month into his first season

You can't get a compensation pick for a signed player

Boucher is in a much worse spot now with new ownership and management.

Whoever comes in will have no ties to picks made, and will be much less forgiving and gracious.

He needed to get on the ice, and plug away in the AHL/CHL. He's missed so much time, and was so behind the 8 ball already.

Scoring a ppg in the CHL is a very easy thing to do. Just going on precedent, I would have assumed that was an absloute given as a 10th overall 19 year old.

He's got to get back and get playing, otherwise he's going to be left in the dust
4 months and 17 NCAA games into his freshman season with 3 points to show for it. It was pretty obvious signing him was premature when it was announced. They didn't have to do it.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

Belleville Sens agree to terms on professional tryout with forward Matthew Boucher​

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He takes up one of the 50 pro contracts you are allowed to have at any one time, and takes away the compensatory pick you would receive if you failed to sign a first round pick within two years.
What chances do you give not signing your 10OA pick?

How many pro contracts do they normally run at?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
If he's a bust, it's because of his attitude, not his play.

What's wrong with his attitude? Seems to me that that's the best thing he has going.

Dorion and Mann took a player who had no business going 10th overall at 10th overall, and he's basically been hurt ever since. With all the pressure that comes with where he got picked, he seems to have handled himself well.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He wouldn’t be the first kid to come back from a string of early injuries, and at least he’s faded into obscurity a bit so he can keep his head focused.

Its a darn shame the kid can’t stay healthy, I imagine there are some changes he needs to make to his regime, a la Chychrun to reduce the chance of injuries, especially when you play a wrecking ball game.

Its a shame, we could really use another guy who likes to hit like Parker Kelly does.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
1699471755191.png

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If he becomes a Ryan Reaves or Chris Neil type, then I am happy. Chris Neil in his prime might be pushing it. Someone who can play 10 minutes a game, fight, hit, score 10-20 points, and only be a bit of a liability not a complete liability.

If he was picked 1 pick later, I don't think people would care nearly as much. I think Sillinger having such a productive rookie season added to the negativity, even if he hasn't done much since then.

Outside of the first 8 or 9 prospects available, the 2021 draft was a shit show. You can't really hold the same expectations of the 10th overall pick in 2021 as you could in a normal year where hockey wasn't mostly cancelled.

If he becomes a generational face puncher, that's fine. The injuries are very concerning, but most people were down on him way before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad