Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Is this the 3rd case in the last couple years of one of our young players injuring their shoulder, coming back before it's fully healed and then reaggravating it and having to get surgery?

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
These shoulder Injuries are concerning and training staff need to get on top of.

Funny as I am typing this, Gord Miller on T.O. vs NJ game said a study was done that players 21 and under are more likely to suffer shoulder Injuries. They are not maybe a physically developed in the shoulders, said Mike Johnson?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Obviously you feel badly for the player, but he hasn't be able to stay healthy since his draft year. It's one thing for a play making centre like Norris to be coming off shoulder surgery - it's quite another for a winger billed as a power forward and Chris Neil 2.0. He'll struggle to recover in time for camp, and when he is finally cleared he'll be behind in other elements of his conditioning. We'll see how things go for him in Belleville next season, but I'm far from optimistic.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Thought I'd meme to lighten the mood

7dnvd2.jpg

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
These shoulder Injuries are concerning and training staff need to get on top of.

Funny as I am typing this, Gord Miller on T.O. vs NJ game said a study was done that players 21 and under are more likely to suffer shoulder Injuries. They are not maybe a physically developed in the shoulders, said Mike Johnson?
Don’t have that man strength

Also wonder if a lot of these guys have weaker upper bodies

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don’t have that man strength

Also wonder if a lot of these guys have weaker upper bodies

Hasn't the trend for the last 15+ years been to develop the core most of all? Perhaps another few minutes in the gym to work on the upper body might be worth it for these kids.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is this the 3rd case in the last couple years of one of our young players injuring their shoulder, coming back before it's fully healed and then reaggravating it and having to get surgery?
I don't know why I'm playing devil's advocate here, but why should the Sens be credited/blamed for handling Tyler Boucher's shoulder injury? Doesn't seem like they had anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Obviously you feel badly for the player, but he hasn't be able to stay healthy since his draft year. It's one thing for a play making centre like Norris to be coming off shoulder surgery - it's quite another for a winger billed as a power forward and Chris Neil 2.0. He'll struggle to recover in time for camp, and when he is finally cleared he'll be behind in other elements of his conditioning. We'll see how things go for him in Belleville next season, but I'm far from optimistic.
Big Logan Brown/Matt Puempel vibes, they were both better prospects than Boucher too lol

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Wideman
White
Pinto
Norris
Boucher
(Caufield)
Wtf with shoulders?

They work out to much as teenagers because they don’t play enough hockey and their muscles get to big to fast for their ligaments and stabilizers and they pop shoulders out all over the place.

Classic why farmers never get hurt and cross-fit people always walk like their butt cheeks are sunburnt.

Also don’t draft shoulder injury people (Boucher/White/ Pinto had an injury young not sure of it was a shoulder) or trade for shoulder injury players (Norris)

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Shoulders are like elbows, everyone's got one. Most people have 2. Only there ain't nothing funny about a shoulder bone.

I have seen Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen etc. play with elbow injuries and win big games looking fine. Shoulder injuries are a whole other story.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
If we're looking for a happy version of the story, Mike Fisher had injury problems early on, including recurring shoulder injuries. Like Boucher, he was big 6-1 kid who played physical.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
If we're looking for a happy version of the story, Mike Fisher had injury problems early on, including recurring shoulder injuries. Like Boucher, he was big 6-1 kid who played physical.

"Ottawa is unbeaten in four straight games (3-0-1) and is six points ahead of New Jersey for the top seed in the Eastern Conference." - Man I miss those days :confused:

Reactions: Alex1234

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not going to have much coming through the system with what essentially amounts to one 2nd round pick (Ostapchuk) from 2021-2023.

Team is full of young players, but won’t have any ELC guys coming into any meaningful role in the next 3/4 years.

Reactions: Loach

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not going to have much coming through the system with what essentially amounts to one 2nd round pick (Ostapchuk) from 2021-2023.

Team is full of young players, but won’t have any ELC guys coming into any meaningful role in the next 3/4 years.
Mereleinin is coming to save the net, then we won’t need them…. :)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't know why I'm playing devil's advocate here, but why should the Sens be credited/blamed for handling Tyler Boucher's shoulder injury? Doesn't seem like they had anything to do with it.

He almost certainly saw the Sens doctors given he's playing in Ottawa for the 67s.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011

For people wanting hope, do NOT look up Fishers d+1 season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad