Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Getting a Cooke would be so shitty.

One of the most despicable players to ever play.

Huge difference from playing hard and being a piece of shit.

Ask former teammates about him.

A Matt Cooke without the dirtiness would be fantastic.

this is more what i meant. He was a really good player when he played hockey and wasnt being a POS

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he's closer to the next Torres than Cooke,
That’ll do.

Getting a Cooke would be so shitty.

One of the most despicable players to ever play.

Huge difference from playing hard and being a piece of shit.

Ask former teammates about him.

A Matt Cooke without the dirtiness would be fantastic.
I don’t know how former teammates personally unfortunately.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Torres, Cooke? I hope he has some of the scoring they had. Each of those guys could pace for 30-40 points while being physical, but please no dirtiness

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
this is more what i meant. He was a really good player when he played hockey and wasnt being a POS
Absolutely, he could play.
That’ll do.

I don’t know how former teammates personally unfortunately.
Henrick Sedin, for one example:
“It's not his game to rip heads off, but his game is being physical. He's always been a good skater, and with the new rules, he's getting in on the fore-check a lot easier that he used to, with a lot more speed. I could name 15 other players who are the same way, but obviously, lately, he's done some things that shouldn't be in hockey. If you look at the last few incidents, obviously that is not hockey."

Bill Guerin:
"We're all under the same umbrella, whether the guy's on my team and I'm sitting right next to him or he's playing in California," Guerin said. "It doesn't matter. We're all playing in the same league. We all want the same safety. We all want to be looked after the same way. I understand [Cooke] is on my team but, hey, he's in a tough spot."

He was a great player, great 3rd liner. Even his Hall of Fame linemates didn’t have time for the shit he was pulling.

Eliminate the unnecessary, dirty shit from his game, he’s a much better player, and much more valuable. Easy to play his game while not being considered the dirtiest player, or among them, in the past 30 years. There are a dozen guys every year that do it.

Last edited:

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
So this is the point we are at? Is Boucher the next Cooke? Just close this thread already since he has sleepwalked through his entire career thus far.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Hot take: part of the reason his development has been extremely underwhelming is because he’s just not playing enough hockey.

2020-2021: 21 games with the USNTDP
2021-2022: 41 games in the NCAA and OHL + the 4 playoff games where they got swept.
2022-2023: 23 games between the OHL and world juniors.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Hot take: part of the reason his development has been extremely underwhelming is because he’s just not playing enough hockey.

2021-2022: 41 games in the NCAA and OHL + the 4 playoff games where they got swept.

He needs to actually stay healthy to play games tho. Thats the issue

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021

So why doesn't he just play more hockey? Seems like an easy fix.

Reactions: Cosmix and Ice-Tray

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well, it's February 17, six weeks plus after a "minor" shoulder injury at the World Juniors, and Boucher is still out of the 67's lineup. I have to laugh when people claim he could be the new Chris Neil when he can't stay healthy playing against teenagers. To borrow a phrase from Darryl Sutter, "Long way to go..."

Reactions: Cosmix

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Friggen shame he can't stay healthy, that seems to be biggest issue with him vs skillset.

Fabulous opportunity to play on one of the best junior teams in the league but watching from the sidelines

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Friggen shame he can't stay healthy, that seems to be biggest issue with him vs skillset.

Fabulous opportunity to play on one of the best junior teams in the league but watching from the sidelines
Staying healthy is a major issue with him; however, the biggest issue is his performance.

Reactions: OD99

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Staying healthy is a major issue with him; however, the biggest issue is his performance.
Disagree, hard to perform if you aren't ever healthy, he has a skill set to be a long term NHL player.
If you're stuck on the sidelines it doesn't matter though (Nolan Patrick??)

Anyways posted that thinking he was still a ways away from playing, hopefully he can stay healthy for the rest of the season

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'd like nothing more than for him to have a great stretch run and playoffs for the 67's, and be a huge part of their run to an OHL title. Then I'd like to see him come to camp in September, be the surprise player of camp, and start the year with the big team or getting first line minutes in Belleville. Who knows - maybe the injuries are just random bad luck, and the kid is now due for a run of good luck. I'm a touch skeptical, but if he turns it around I will happily admit that I was wrong...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boucher missed the third period of last night's 67's game in Kingston, and is out of the lineup entirely for today's game vs. Saginaw. Presumably his shoulder continues to be an issue...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if he will get surgery on that shoulder at the end of the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad