Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We’re so spoiled, this guy is a gamer.

He’s going to put on a show - and the whole league gonnna be jelly.

Yeah these types of players are always fan favorites - the Mike Fisher types who hustle and work hard every shift. Need these types of players to win, Boucher lays a few big hit on Hedman, Fox or Reilly and that’s all it’ll take for the fans to love him

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If he can figure out what he needs to do to be successful he could end up a middle 6 winger. Go hard to the net and plant his butt there. Play physical and be a pain in the tear end but within the lines. Work hard and move the puck and we shall see

Reactions: Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If he can figure out what he needs to do to be successful he could end up a middle 6 winger. Go hard to the net and plant his butt there. Play physical and be a pain in the tear end but within the lines. Work hard and move the puck and we shall see

He looked great last night. Picking players, taking up lanes and being an excellent board player.

Ottawa doesn’t have a strong board game so adding Boucher will be a big help to let them control games that are played on the outside

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He looked great last night. Picking players, taking up lanes and being an excellent board player.

Ottawa doesn’t have a strong board game so adding Boucher will be a big help to let them control games that are played on the outside
Ostapchuk plays a similar game, having two of those guys who are also both hard hitters on opposite sides is going to be interesting.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ostapchuk plays a similar game, having two of those guys who are also both hard hitters on opposite sides is going to be interesting.

Boucher was more involved in the O zone, OstsochuCJ doesn’t create space for his line mates like Boucher does - Boucher also pisses the opposition off, Boucher is a load and gets into your face

Reactions: Icelevel and bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Boucher was more involved in the O zone, OstsochuCJ doesn’t create space for his line mates like Boucher does - Boucher also pisses the opposition off, Boucher is a load and gets into your face
Yes, I've been arguing these points about Boucher for some time but I also like how Ostapchuk plays defensively & hits to hurt. Watching both closely at the development camp you could see Boucher is a meaner player, but Ostapchuk doesn't back down either & just out works everyone. He's not as skilled as Boucher & he doesn't see the ice as well either something most don't give Boucher credit for but Ostapchuk skates much harder & works much harder than Boucher all over the ice & never quits on a play. Both are going to help this team be much harder to play against & both are going to be good additions to this future team if people can forget about point accumulations with these guys. They will help this team win in different ways.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Considering the Sens have a great top 2 lines, and need depth, Boucher, Ostapchuk, and Greig are the types of prospects we need. Although, I do think Greig has 2nd line potential. Pinto, Greig, Ostapchuk could be an elite 3rd line someday. Maybe Greig eventually replaces Giroux on the 2nd line, and Boucher slides up to the 3rd line. I like Boucher, he'll be an NHLer for sure, but Ostapchuk is much more of an all-round player; could be a top defensive forward / penalty killer. Unfortunately, we can't seem to develop defensemen. Karlsson, Chabot, and Sanderson are so talented, they are self-developing. JBD might be a solid bottom pair d-man, but I don't see high upside. Thomson doesn't seem to have hockey IQ. Who knows if Kleven even plays an NHL game. I'm basing this on our history of Wiercioch, Cowen, Ceci, Englund, etc, etc. Can't develop defensemen.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No shit.
People coming around on him after closing their eyes and shaking their heads no since the draft is hilarious.
This is like tkachuk when I and others (like rafi) been saying we got a good one and majority laughs while criticizing out their ass.

Not saying you in particular. I don’t know what your position was on him but the crap I read on here about our own player beyond the general lack of support was just stupid.
He’s not there yet but most aren’t at that age. He just needs to keep playing and progressing (like I been saying for a year now) like he’s been doing and he’ll be very useful and impactful. Yes…in the middle 6 (that should be obvious sorry).

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Thats a great pick if he is, just cant over pay him into his mid thirties.
I think you hope for a bit more competitiveness in Boucher. Anderson would be worth his contract every year if he was engaged every night. Not saying Boucher will be as good or better than Anderson… but maybe more consistently engaged/physical

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No shit.
People coming around on him after closing their eyes and shaking their heads no since the draft is hilarious.
This is like tkachuk when I and others (like rafi) been saying we got a good one and majority laughs while criticizing out their ass.

Not saying you in particular. I don’t know what your position was on him but the crap I read on here about our own player beyond the general lack of support was just stupid.
He’s not there yet but most aren’t at that age. He just needs to keep playing and progressing (like I been saying for a year now) like he’s been doing and he’ll be very useful and impactful. Yes…in the middle 6 (that should be obvious sorry).
The Tkachuk comparison feels so lazy to me...

When Tkachuk was playing in college before getting drafted, you could see him doing all the things that would make him successful going forward both offensively and from a physical perspective, but people latched onto 8 goals.

When Boucher played in college after getting drafted, he looked lost and out of place, you could see some nice tools but not much signs of him putting it together. He changed mid year over to the OHL and still struggled. He's showing progress this year which is great, but there is a huge gap between scoring in the OHL and WJC and being able to score at the next level.

People who watched Tkachuk his draft year saw a player who was doing the things you want but not having it show up on the scoresheet as much as you might expect. People who watched Boucher saw a kid that was struggling to figure it out despite having a great toolset. I'm glad he's showing signs of figuring things out now but that doesn't mean criticisms prior were unjustified.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Anderson is about a realistic ceiling, we'd have to be happy with that outcome disregarding the position of the pick. Similar trajectories.

A ~20 goal, ~30-35 point power forward who jumps up and down the lineup.

Caveat, I, personally, think Anderson is one of the most overrated, overplayed players in the league, I wouldn't trade future considerations for him. He has made any line he's played on worse ever since his 47 point career season , while I understand it's a valuable player, I personally don't think it's a sought after projection.

Skillset is the sought after unicorn, have never seen the value Anderson gets by pundits on the ice. I hope Boucher will be more valuable than Anderson, outside of his flukey year.

Reactions: R2010

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think you hope for a bit more competitiveness in Boucher. Anderson would be worth his contract every year if he was engaged every night. Not saying Boucher will be as good or better than Anderson… but maybe more consistently engaged/physical
I think he definitely is more competitive but I dont know if he is as skilled or will be as good a skater. He probably goes the dirty areas alot better. Probably is going to be more physical too. I dunno I think if he ends up as good as Anderson thats a good pick. I like Anderson more than most posters on hf boards though.
Anderson is about a realistic ceiling, we'd have to be happy with that outcome disregarding the position of the pick. Similar trajectories.

A ~20 goal, ~30-35 point power forward who jumps up and down the lineup.

Caveat, I, personally, think Anderson is one of the most overrated, overplayed players in the league, I wouldn't trade future considerations for him. He has made any line he's played on worse ever since his 47 point career season , while I understand it's a valuable player, I personally don't think it's a sought after projection.

Skillset is the sought after unicorn, have never seen the value Anderson gets by pundits on the ice. I hope Boucher will be more valuable than Anderson, outside of his flukey year.
Yeah I dont know if they are going to be overly similar. His play style is more like Wilson than Anderson. Anderson carries the puck alot more but doesnt compete as hard. I dont expect Boucher to be as good as Wilson I think his level of impact is closer to Anderson. Again alot of people dont like Anderson I do just not at his contract.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think he definitely is more competitive but I dont know if he is as skilled or will be as good a skater. He probably goes the dirty areas alot better. Probably is going to be more physical too. I dunno I think if he ends up as good as Anderson thats a good pick. I like Anderson more than most posters on hf boards though.

Yeah I dont know if they are going to be overly similar. His play style is more like Wilson than Anderson. Anderson carries the puck alot more but doesnt compete as hard. I dont expect Boucher to be as good as Wilson I think his level of impact is closer to Anderson. Again alot of people dont like Anderson I do just not at his contract.
I like Anderson the third liner, not so much Anderson the top six winger. Contract sucks.

I like Bouchers tool set as a third line energy guy. If he can improve his defensive play I think he can be really effective, but I don't see the upside offensively to be a top 6 option, unless it's purely as a hammer to make room for skilled guys.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is Tyler Boucher the next Josh Anderson!?!?!
Probably a good comparison, he'll score, he'll hit, he'll fight, but at times looks like he isn't engaged. Will likely get a lot of penalties because of how hard he hits & because of those hits will likely have to fight a lot. Unlike Anderson though I think Bucher will be much harder on other players & be a pain in the ass to play against & more of a pest or agitator & instigator. Boucher also has decent vision & is a pretty good passer something he doesn't get much credit for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad