Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (RW/LW) - Don`t sleep on Tyler Boucher

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not seeing where his shot is all that great. In a league with goalies that are a few levels below ECHL goaltending (and 90% of OHL goalies will not get an ECHL sniff), his shooting percentage (without empty net goals) is quite mediocre at 10.7%. Thats pretty much OHL average. It is certainly an improvement on his 8.8% of last year.

There may be some good points to his game moving forward, but the shot does not appear to be one of them.
Have you watched him play at all or only basing this evaluation on a statistic? One that is over a tiny sample size.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Have you watched him play at all or only basing this evaluation on a statistic? One that is over a tiny sample size.
Yes I have seen him play. His shot is definitely OHL caliber. OHL. The OHL is half a dozen rungs below the NHL.

And his hsot count is 60 or so now. How big does it have to be? After 6 games proponents were proclaiming he was scoring at will, but 16 games is too small a sample size for shots?

Eventually evidence comes into play. I'd sooner we concentrate on the more positive apsects of his game which are provable, notably agressiveness (as seen by his shot total which is very good) and his physicality. Those will get him to the NHL, not his shot.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They try and take USNDP players normally, but was still surprised Voit was left off. He has been dynamic this year. Not surprised by the lack of CHL players that is quite common.

But congrats to Boucher in any case.
I texted 1200, as Kenny was on, and texted back, the coach likes defensively aware players, and he said Ty doesn’t do much of that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I texted 1200, as Kenny was on, and texted back, the coach likes defensively aware players, and he said Ty doesn’t do much of that.
The offense is running through their 18 year olds this year, neither Voit or Pastujov are any better than the young guys, and as you said are both offense only players.

It's a weak year up front for the US, and they seem to be prepping for next years World Juniors as well with 10 of the 18 guys up front eligible to play at least another year.

Top 6 will likely consist of 4/5 17/18 year olds, which is something that almost never happens.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Huh... I don't quite get it with Sokolov, Greig and Crookshank in Belleville.

I'm guessing they want him for Motte, and like his speed over Sokolov?

Will be fun to see him crush some Habs tomorrow if he gets in the starting lineup, adrenaline will be going, hope he doesn't get himself suspended...
Isn’t that just the Sens loaning him to the US Junior team ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Isn’t that just the Sens loaning him to the US Junior team ?
I didn't realize they needed to loan him to the sens for that, but makes more sense that this is WJ related. I'll go sit in the corner now...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is going to go down to the wire, which is tremendously pathetic.
If he keeps getting suspended there's no way he hits the 45 games threshold you set lol. There's only 40 games left,, so he can only miss a dozen and world Juniors will already have him miss what, 5 of those?

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
If he keeps getting suspended there's no way he hits the 45 games threshold you set lol. There's only 40 games left,, so he can only miss a dozen and world Juniors will already have him miss what, 5 of those?
Exactly, lol. It's looking like that threshold might've cost me a win!

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Awesome for Boucher. Looking forward to seeing him assuming hes not a scratch. Assume he'll as least play a couple games.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Awesome for Boucher. Looking forward to seeing him assuming hes not a scratch. Assume he'll as least play a couple games.
At this point he is poised to be in the lineup every game. Just look at what the head coach had to say about him. He will be given plenty of opportunity to showcase his abilities.

Reactions: Cosmix

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It looks like Boucher will start on the 3rd line and be on the 2nd power play unit.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I am glad Boucher made the USA Jr squad and I hope he plays well, scores a few goals and makes a few big hits. :)
It is an excellent opportunity for him. If he can find a way to have strong point production in this tournament that would certainly turn a lot of heads. The head coach seems to really like him so he will be given the chances to really showcase himself. It will be exciting to see how he performs.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad