Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What makes you think that, we lead the league in hits, and 2 more hits per game than second place, and third in fights, that doesn't sound soft to me.

Im aware of our hit totals hence the “we try hard” part - guys like Sanford, Brown, and Formenton’s 2-4 hits per night aren’t powerful enough to back teams off. They deserve credit for trying but we need more guys who hit as hard as Watson and Brady.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Do you or does anyone else have any statistical evidence regarding "drafting for need" versus "drafting for skill" versus "drafting BPA"?

It would be interesting to see the evidence/studies. I suspect there would be quite a discussion about the definitions for each type.

I have this arguement every draft mostly with Bondra Time :laugh:.

BPA - according to who? When they say they had a player ranked as BPA half the board doesn't think so & list the guys they think are better. How many ranking sites & so called experts were wrong about Batherson, Stone, Hoffman, Yakopov, Puljujarvi & Patrick? Remember when Gretsky was ridiculed for taking Wheeler so early, he turned into a pretty good player.

Whenver a team picks a guy that the ranking systems had later in the draft it causes controversy until that player proves himself in the NHL, that's just the way it is with all us couch experts at home.

Wilson, Kassian & Lawson were all 1st rd picks, but the vast majority of people considered them 4th line goons & skilless & didn't want them drafted. Wilson was an allstar this yr, Lawson is having a good season Kassian has been okay & has played in the top six occassionaly.

Once you have a cupboard full of prospects could that be the time to go for need? Most don't think so yet I have heard some experts say they would. Ottawa has a cupboard full of prospects maybe last draft they went for a need. Maybe they go for need again this yr, who knows? Who wants a cupboard full of small soft little skilled players? Re-watch the playoffs.

Like everything else there are so many variables involved & so much money put into these drafts, but it always comes down to the player & whether they have what it takes & are ready to work harder than they ever have before to make it. Logan Brown has all the skill & lacks work ethic, Parker Kelly has the work ethic, but lacks the skill. Scouts need to find the guys who have both & guys with character at the least work hard for it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Im aware of our hit totals hence the “we try hard” part - guys like Sanford, Brown, and Formenton’s 2-4 hits per night aren’t powerful enough to back teams off. They deserve credit for trying but we need more guys who hit as hard as Watson and Brady.
lmao, they try hard,
Sanford pasted a Boston player the other game btw. If we are leading the league basically in hits and fights, you still haven't shown us why we are so soft. Other than saying it.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
lmao, they try hard,
Sanford pasted a Boston player the other game btw. If we are leading the league basically in hits and fights, you still haven't shown us why we are so soft. Other than saying it.

you get credited with a hit for “body checking someone” … hits can be soft or hard … we have a lot of soft hits each game. Effort for trying, but they rarely strike any fear into the opposition.

We outhit most teams each night but the opposition may land 3-4 devastating hits on us to our 1-3. We rarely play a team we physically dominant regardless of the hit totals.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
you get credited with a hit for “body checking someone” … hits can be soft or hard … we have a lot of soft hits each game. Effort for trying, but they rarely strike any fear into the opposition.

We outhit most teams each night but the opposition may land 3-4 devastating hits on us to our 1-3. We rarely play a team we physically dominant regardless of the hit totals.
Soft hits aren’t usually counted as hits. You can see that with the counts at the end of a period.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
“whatever” … I’m not going to argue with someone who thinks all hits are the same.
Even though I never said that, I said soft hits aren’t generally counted, (so no they are not the same) , but if you want to twist my words, go ahead.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Even though I never said that, I said soft hits aren’t generally counted, (so no they are not the same) , but if you want to twist my words, go ahead.

Geez - there’s a difference between the softest hit recorded and the hardest hit recorded …

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We now know that Roger will drop them, although he doesn't appear to be all that tough.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I was driving home. I almost never listen to 1200 but I figured what the hell. I didn’t know the 67s were playing, and I’ve never watched or listened to a 67s game.

Within 1 minute I recognized it was a 67s game being called, and 30 second later Boucher tipped it in.

It’s a sign, right?

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
These highlights reek of desperation.

He is screening in front of the net! He hit a guy along the boards!

He missed a wide open empty net!

Good to see he looks better playing against younger kids and hope he finds some confidence and starts putting up some points but man...never seen so many highlight clips that are legit nothing.

Reactions: Hale The Villain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad