Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If this kid hits the potential that Senators management thinks he has, then we are going to be such a shitty team to play against.

Tkachuk, Formenton, Boucher, Greig and potentially Kleven if he can crack a 5-6 role back on defense.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Guy just played his best game in a longggg time. Couple of my buddies were at the game and they said he was dominant.

Hopefully he keeps this up. If we can get a solid third line player with one of the most physical games in the league I’d be more than thrilled. Players like that are hard to come by nowadays and thrive in playoff hockey.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Those are the type of hits that will make softer players give up on going for a puck.

There are plenty of players that will pull up rather than getting hit by a guy like Boucher. They don't want that smoke.
I'm actually surprised he didn't get a boarding penalty on that, when I saw the initial replay my first thought was hope that kid is ok, followed by, I guess Boucher is done for the game.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
New nickname, the Butcher.

Keep your head up when Boucher is on the ice, he hits like tank, exactly wht the Sens need. Hope he knows how to fight, he is going to get many requests in the NHL to drop them.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Keep your head up when Boucher is on the ice, he hits like tank, exactly wht the Sens need. Hope he knows how to fight, he is going to get many requests in the NHL to drop them.
No doubt he's had to drop them gloves before. Fighting is such a waste now though. Used to send a message, now you just end up with broken hands off of visors

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that video.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
No doubt he's had to drop them gloves before. Fighting is such a waste now though. Used to send a message, now you just end up with broken hands off of visors
I doubt it - when we he have had an opportunity to fight? Can't fight in college either.

With all the talk of how tough he was I expected him to scrap early with the 67's to set the tone but I don't think he is a fighter at all, just a physical guy who seems to be a bit predatory so we will see how he keeps it up once guys start forcing him to defend himself after borderline hits.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

First multi goal game

The Civic Centre should probably order more glass panels to have in stock for next season if Boucher returns to the 67s. Ottawa & Belleville might want to order some as well depending on where he is going to play the most in future.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Cameron was just talking about Boucher & he didn't want to talk about the 3 pts Boucher got the other night, but instead how his physicality impact games & all of the nifty little plays he makes along the boards (Tkachuk like) to get the puck out & onto a teammates stick. IMO from the games I have watched he plays the game like a pro, although he still has some maturing to do, but his vision to see open players is really good & he always seems under control.

The 67s remind me a lot of the Sens they make a lot of mistakes all over the ice & their goaltending when it's playing well has saved them in a few games & not so much when they are not. Matier is a RD that plays for the 67s that was drafted by Nashville that Ottawa should target, he would make a good 3rd pairing RD, big, strong, tough, good skater, decent passer, can handle the puck & plays on both the PK & PP at times.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Cameron was just talking about Boucher & he didn't want to talk about the 3 pts Boucher got the other night, but instead how his physicality impact games & all of the nifty little plays he makes along the boards (Tkachuk like) to get the puck out & onto a teammates stick. IMO from the games I have watched he plays the game like a pro, although he still has some maturing to do, but his vision to see open players is really good & he always seems under control.

The 67s remind me a lot of the Sens they make a lot of mistakes all over the ice & their goaltending when it's playing well has saved them in a few games & not so much when they are not. Matier is a RD that plays for the 67s that was drafted by Nashville that Ottawa should target, he would make a good 3rd pairing RD, big, strong, tough, good skater, decent passer, can handle the puck & plays on both the PK & PP at times.
Yes. That kid is good. I bet....you would like to see him with Kleven on the 3rd pair? Lol.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I love the physicality but hope he doesn't turn into a dirtbag. Brady had the chance to become a dirtbag like his brother, but thankfully doesn't cross the line in stupid ways.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I love Tyler Boucher and although taking him at No. 10 OA was probably always going to be a reach (and potentially set him up for failure through no fault of his own), I can see why Ottawa drafted him when they did. He spent most of his time battling injuries last year, but when he was on the ice for the NTDP he was in a league of his own. Just a complete mutant out there who can play the game fast, hard and punishing in more ways than one.

I know everyone on twitter these days (especially the hockey player card crew) likes to dig him and the senators any chance they get, but regardless, Boucher makes an on-ice impact whenever he's out there. The production factor isn't a good look for the No. 10 OA prospect, but then again, an injury-riddled campaign saw him ranked No. 29 OA by Bobby Mac on TSN's final rankings, ahead of high-production prospects in the likes of Pastujov, Olausson and Samoskevich.

Had he not been battling injuries all of his draft year, where would he have been ranked in a perfect world? Probably not viewed as an outlandish prospect at No. 10 OA, I'd imagine. Anyways, enjoy watching Boucher develop and physically dominate wherever he's playing while trying to tune out the outside noise, sickos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad