OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So, word on the street is that House of Dragons 2 was not up to par -- is this true? I haven't watched any of it yet....I found season 1 difficult to get thru only because of my intense hatred of the Targaryens.
I loved it. But some people wanted more fighting so they were disappointed. First ep of season 3 is set up to be insane though.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I liked the first season....the intrigue about the "queen" and her "nonregal" children was cute to watch.

But, as I mentioned, I really hate those Targies and it's hard for me to watch them.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
So, word on the street is that House of Dragons 2 was not up to par -- is this true? I haven't watched any of it yet....I found season 1 difficult to get thru only because of my intense hatred of the Targaryens.
It was an A for me until the finale dropped it to a B. All build up this season, with not much happening.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just started a couple new shows that I had on the backburner for awhile

Shorsy on Hulu, holy shit this is funny stuff, and being about hockey makes it all the better.

Fallout on Prime, 3 eps in and i'm loving it so far, heard it keeps getting better too.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Always thought GB would be a bigger star than he turned out to be.
He's a tough one. I don't know if he has that A-list "leading-man" quality -- at least for tentpole-level movies.

To put it in perspective, Butler and Christian Bale were in Reign of Fire together when they both were pretty new to the scene and starting out in Hollywood. Not only does Bale have more of that leading-man thing going, he's also a brilliant actor. Butler's kinda limited and typed to the action genre. I think he tried a rom-com once.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you’re looking for a hidden gem in drama (though completely different) I have two suggestions: Halt and Catch Fire, and Bloodline

Reactions: NickyFotiu

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
He's a tough one. I don't know if he has that A-list "leading-man" quality -- at least for tentpole-level movies.

To put it in perspective, Butler and Christian Bale were in Reign of Fire together when they both were pretty new to the scene and starting out in Hollywood. Not only does Bale have more of that leading-man thing going, he's also a brilliant actor. Butler's kinda limited and typed to the action genre. I think he tried a rom-com once.
That's true -- but I thought he'd be a bigger action star than he was.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I saw Didi yesterday. That's a cool SoCal coming of age story. There have been a good number of those type of films over the last decade plus (Dope, Mid 90s, 8th Grade which is not set in SoCal). I'd even put Bottoms and Lisa Frankenstein in that category although both are more dark comedies.

Reactions: 17futurecap

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Monkey Man and Kill were both very good with the former being a little tighter.

Deadpool and Wolverine was fun and as advertised (not much substance, just fun).
It's probably just me, RR's name irritates me.....can't imagine watching him in anything ever again.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I saw Didi yesterday. That's a cool SoCal coming of age story. There have been a good number of those type of films over the last decade plus (Dope, Mid 90s, 8th Grade which is not set in SoCal). I'd even put Bottoms and Lisa Frankenstein in that category although both are more dark comedies.

Really want to see this, but don't want to take the train into NYC to see it, hoping it comes closer to me soon.

Same with Sing Sing, but that's even more limited right now.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
Been rewatching Dexter, forgot how amazing this show was. Probably stopping after Season 4.
I wish they did as well. The John Lithgow season is f'n good.

I should note that I did not watch the "new" Dexter so I can't really comment on whether they got back to the basics or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy