OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I did not watch the TV series much but I was a Richard Dean Anderson fan so maybe I should look in to it.

Stargate SG-1 was awesome, RDA was a big part of the success of that show, but the entire cast was also great. it ran 10 seasons for a reason.

I also loved Stargate Atlantis. Effects were a little better as the technology started to improve with CGI and etc. Also has Jason Momoa as a regular from season 2 on.

It’s so well worth a binge watch. Both series!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Stargate SG-1 was awesome, RDA was a big part of the success of that show, but the entire cast was also great. it ran 10 seasons for a reason.

I also loved Stargate Atlantis. Effects were a little better as the technology started to improve with CGI and etc. Also has Jason Momoa as a regular from season 2 on.

Richard Dean Anderson made it into one of those 1994 Rangers documentaries talking smack about them during the Finals. I'll never forget that lol.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He spent a lot of time in Vancouver while he was doing MacGuyver in the late 80s. They filmed their for a majority of the show from what I remember (a precursor to the Arrowverse and Hallmark Channel).
Its a long time ago. I thought he skated in a NYR practice.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Atlantis was good as well. So was the more serious one, Stargate Universe which actually ended up being my favorite of all.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Atlantis was good as well. So was the more serious one, Stargate Universe which actually ended up being my favorite of all.
SGU had a very strong cast. But I think they lost a lot of SG fans going away from the formula that worked for 15 seasons, If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. It only lasted 2 seasons just when it started to get really good.

Another great series was Warehouse 13 and also Eureka.

• Love
Reactions: majordomo

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
SGU had a very strong cast. But I think they lost a lot of SG fans going away from the formula that worked for 15 seasons, If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. It only lasted 2 seasons just when it started to get really good.

Another great series was Warehouse 13 and also Eureka.

I thought it was evolution. Too bad it didn’t last. Couldn’t get through all seasons of Warehouse 13. Didn’t love it.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

I loved RDA -- but Michael Shanks became my favorite as the show progressed.

Currently making my way through Universe....definitely different from the others.

Reactions: Leonardo87

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Since y'all are talking about all these B-level sci-fi TV series from back in the day, remember Highlander: The Series, Earth: Final Conflict, and Forever Knight?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I used to love these - Earth: Final Conflicts and Forever Knight were pretty good under the circumstances.
Like next-to-zero budget or did you mean something else? Lol

I remembered being so impressed by the acting of the guy playing Lacroix on Forever Knight lol

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I went to see Quiet Place on the big screen. There were scenes that deserved to be seen on the big screen, but the story is mostly isolated and compact around Lupita Nyong'o. It was surprisingly decent as I didn't have a lot of expectations going in, as the franchise moves away from the original family story.

I really liked it, her character just wanting to get one last great slice of pizza and listen to some jazz was great.

Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m watching The Offer on the Paramount+. It’s show about how the Godfather was made with a pretty good cast of actors. It’s GREAT!

Reactions: Riche16

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I watched a few things lately on Netflix.

Beverly Hills Cop Axel F- C Minus
Hitman-C plus
Crimes and Penalties (Danbury Thrashers Hockey)-B

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Its a long time ago. I thought he skated in a NYR practice.
Hahah so many people have. I remember when they did SuperSkate in the early 2000s and Chad Smith from RHCP used to play goalie. Hearing Sam say "save by Smith" was surreal and too big parts of my life from very different places crossing over.

I watched a few things lately on Netflix.

Beverly Hills Cop Axel F- C Minus
Hitman-C plus
Crimes and Penalties (Danbury Thrashers Hockey)-B
Ah man, what did you not like about it?

I thought for a legacy sequel it was actually fun and they let it breath without contemporary Hollywood cliches.

Plus we even got a little NHL hockey in the movie!

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad