News Article: Oilers Prospect Rankings by Daily Faceoff

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

4. Maxim Berezkin, RW, 22 (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL)

Acquired: Drafted 138th overall, fifth round in 2020
I’m not sure what type of role he’ll have when he comes over, but I do think Berezkin can become an NHLer. He’s 6-foot-4, 212 pounds and is very difficult to contain when he’s at speed. He also has a good shot that he put on display often during the playoffs, where he seemingly played his best hockey of the year. There are times when I think Berezkin needs to be a bit more selfish and stop relying on his teammates to shoot the puck because he has the pure skill to make it happen himself. But as a whole, I think the Oilers should do everything possible to bring him over after his KHL contract ends this spring.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

I’m not sure what type of role he’ll have when he comes over, but I do think Berezkin can become an NHLer. He’s 6-foot-4, 212 pounds and is very difficult to contain when he’s at speed. He also has a good shot that he put on display often during the playoffs, where he seemingly played his best hockey of the year. There are times when I think Berezkin needs to be a bit more selfish and stop relying on his teammates to shoot the puck because he has the pure skill to make it happen himself. But as a whole, I think the Oilers should do everything possible to bring him over after his KHL contract ends this spring.
Interesting, don't know much about him

Reactions: ManByng

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Reactions: Vagabond

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Show Yaroslavl Lokomotiv the money, get Berezkin to North America. He was drafted 4 years ago. Oilers need the size. Either he can play or he can't.

Reactions: ManByng

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Lavoie at 7 - thud.
couldn't agree more. I would have a goalie ahead of him lol

He's almost 24 years old now, McLeod's age. People see the AHL goals and think there is more there, which is compounded by our weak prospect pool. Lavoie is a two tool player, and he's not big enough or shoots well enough to make up for the deficiencies

Reactions: brentashton

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
couldn't agree more. I would have a goalie ahead of him lol

He's almost 24 years old now, McLeod's age. People see the AHL goals and think there is more there, which is compounded by our weak prospect pool. Lavoie is a two tool player, and he's not big enough or shoots well enough to make up for the deficiencies
Lavoie is 6'4" and 215lbs. He may never be an NHL'er but how big do you want him to be??

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I liked the write up too. Thoughtful and full of insight.
He does the odd shift on the DFO pod. He’s very articulate and appears to put effort and research into his assessments of draftees and system players. Much prefer listening to him vs Craig Button for that type of analysis.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Lavoie is 6'4" and 215lbs. He may never be an NHL'er but how big do you want him to be??
I think maybe he meant to say during Lavoie's short NHL stint he was either one zone behind the play or falling down in the offensive zone. Not much of a showing but not much of a look either. If not the Oilers someone should give Lavoie his shot in the NHL because he's earned it. There are many teams with less depth Lavoie would have a decent shot with.

You're the guy to ask since capfriendly is gone, if the Oilers place a player on waivers and that player is claimed do the Oilers jump to the front of the waivers queue... or how does that work?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe Lavoie can show some more in camp but it is startling how over full we are at RW (but doesn't Jarventie play LW?)

We should be looking at more trades to even this out. When you are overstocked at a position you increase your odds at finding a player at that position but you also risk losing a lot of value. There's only so much opportunity to give

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think maybe he meant to say during Lavoie's short NHL stint he was either one zone behind the play or falling down in the offensive zone. Not much of a showing but not much of a look either. If not the Oilers someone should give Lavoie his shot in the NHL because he's earned it. There are many teams with less depth Lavoie would have a decent shot with.

You're the guy to ask since capfriendly is gone, if the Oilers place a player on waivers and that player is claimed do the Oilers jump to the front of the waivers queue... or how does that work?
No, the Oilers stay in the same spot in the queue. But Lavoie, if claimed, would have to stay on the claiming team's NHL roster. If that team decided to send him down, he'd have to clear waivers again. If he did, the Oilers would have a choice to send him to their farm system and reclaim him.

The Kings did this with Samuel Fegemo last season.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad