OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Watched a show on Disney+ called "Big Shot"

In 1996, the once-dominant New York Islanders were in serious trouble. Lousy performance and poor management were driving away the hockey franchise's loyal fan base. The team hit bottom. Then along came a Dallas businessman named John Spano, who swooped in and agreed to buy the team for 165 million dollars. Things began to look up for the Islanders - way up. But it was all smoke and mirrors. "Big Shot" goes inside an extraordinary scandal that engulfed the Islanders. Featuring the only interview Spano has ever given about the Islanders deal, this film is an unforgettable tale of a dream that became a lie -- and how a scam of such epic proportions initially went undetected.

Reactions: ps241

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Watched a show on Disney+ called "Big Shot"

In 1996, the once-dominant New York Islanders were in serious trouble. Lousy performance and poor management were driving away the hockey franchise's loyal fan base. The team hit bottom. Then along came a Dallas businessman named John Spano, who swooped in and agreed to buy the team for 165 million dollars. Things began to look up for the Islanders - way up. But it was all smoke and mirrors. "Big Shot" goes inside an extraordinary scandal that engulfed the Islanders. Featuring the only interview Spano has ever given about the Islanders deal, this film is an unforgettable tale of a dream that became a lie -- and how a scam of such epic proportions initially went undetected.
appreciate this, will check it out.

Anyone watching Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney? Worth my time?
awful, one of the worst written shows of all time. really lazily done, and inexplicably feels low budget.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is a big deal in my house.

Also, has Severance been mentioned in here? It's the best series I've watched this year.

One of the best shows of the last 5 years.
That's it, make me get an Apple TV subscription to go along with my Netflix, and Amazon Prime and Crave. Make me spend more time sitting in front of my computer (the new idiot box). You... you... enablers! :damnpc:

Exlaxchronicles

Jul 11, 2022
If you like vampires Netflix has From Dusk Till Dawn. Mindless entertainment but enough to keep you watching.
Zombie lover? Z Nation wasn't too bad.
Some good cowboy movies: Good, Bad And The Ugly, For A Few More Dollars.
And beer 🍻

Reactions: Gm0ney

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If you like vampires Netflix has From Dusk Till Dawn. Mindless entertainment but enough to keep you watching.
Zombie lover? Z Nation wasn't too bad.
Some good cowboy movies: Good, Bad And The Ugly, For A Few More Dollars.
And beer 🍻
Might as well watch Fistful of Dollars as well and complete the Man With No Name trilogy.

Reactions: Buffdog

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Slow Horses is one of the best things I've watched in ages. British MI5 thriller with plenty of action, very quick wit and a ton of twists and turns.

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Grey Man on Netflix was very good, apparently they are doing 2 more too.:thumbu:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
"Paper Girls" on Amazon about a bunch of kids who accidentally time travel from 1988 to 2019... great concept but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So on my plane ride to Calgary I started watching “Winning Time: the Rise Of the Laker Dynasty”

I just finished the first season tonight. As a kid who grew up a Celtics fan in that era This was must watch content. I highly recommend it.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Further to getting your "Nerd" on...

Dr. Charles Morgan...

Be patient... see where the "science" is going... flipping eerie...

Keep in mind... this is a Military presentation by Dr. Morgan to the U.S. Army...

But he might as well be talking to any global developed military group...

Stunning for the curious person...

:popcorn:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
For those that like to get their "Nerd" on...

Not TV but YouTube...

Get your Nerd on... just watch the video link below...

The video doesn't work for me but these Nova episodes are worth checking out. It's about a recently discovered bone bed that appears to have been from the very day of the Chicxulub impact and contains animals that actually died as a direct result of it.

Reactions: Guardian17

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The video doesn't work for me but these Nova episodes are worth checking out. It's about a recently discovered bone bed that appears to have been from the very day of the Chicxulub impact and contains animals that actually died as a direct result of it.

Thx for posting the overview link, but the vid' links don't seem to work...

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Only one episode left of Better Call Saul. First season was a little uneven but man oh man I feel it's every bit as good as it's predecessor.

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad