Value of: Turcotte + Kaliyev to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I still believe PLD can be good second line center for Kings with proper coach motivator working with him.
If PLD is one of your top 6 centers you’re not going to be a playoff team. Once guys like him get paid with term they float often. And he was already a floating type of player before the big payday. It’s one of many Blake mistakes that will haunt us for years.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really see the point from either team's perspective.

For the Kings, for what these guys would be "worth"...may as well just hang onto them as depth and hope they can chip in a little bit here and there.

For the Habs, they really don't need more mush middle-6 clutter. They need high-end, impact Top-6 players.

Honestly, Dubois would be a lot more useful to the Habs than these little filler guys with major holes in their game and/or injury durability problems.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I still believe PLD can be good second line center for Kings with proper coach motivator working with him.
I hope he turns into that. Given how it has ended at his previous two stops and how has started in LA would rather cut losses and bail.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not sure I get the point of this for either team.

LA doesn't have a good reason to move Turcotte right now. Kaliyev maybe, but I don't really see a move there that makes sense from Montreal's POV (at least based on Kings fans)

LA has no reason to trade these players to Montreal for not needed pieces.
Montreal fans have no interest in fair hockey trades.
Fowler, Hutson and Roy are not available from Montreal means Kaliev and Turcotte are not available from LA.

P.S. Please keep your 3 mediocre goalies on your team.

I don't know why Fowler wouldn't be available and I understand being high on Kaliyev and Turcotte's upside, but its not 2021 and they're not top-50 prospects anymore. You can just say they're not available if you're asking for prospects like Hutson.

Reactions: HabsAddict

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
For the Habs, they really don't need more mush middle-6 clutter. They need high-end, impact Top-6 players.
Well, both of these have some high-end potential left in them, and if LA had secondary options, maybe there's a fit there, but it doesn't look like LA has a reason to sell them cheaply, they'd be exactly the kind of players Montreal tends to go for - Newhook, Dach, Barron were all in similar situations.

That being said, LA fans have been clear there's no reason to move them, and I think the asking price might be too high for Montreal's liking. At the draft, when their contracts are up, I could see either of them going to Montreal in a deal including Winnipeg's first, though.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't really see the point from either team's perspective.

For the Kings, for what these guys would be "worth"...may as well just hang onto them as depth and hope they can chip in a little bit here and there.

Honestly, Dubois would be a lot more useful to the Habs than these little filler guys with major holes in their game and/or injury durability problems.
Don't expect a return and do expect to take back a player like Ghally. Not just from Habs but any team that may have remote interest.

But....because of the Quebecois angle it will turn into a circus.

Also as i mentioned before an article came out that he's a locker room " unwanted".

I'm extra bitter about how his true nature turned out. For 3 years i thought he was a great add to the Habs and pushed for his trade and now this...i feel like a jolted lover! LOL

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well, both of these have some high-end potential left in them, and if LA had secondary options, maybe there's a fit there, but it doesn't look like LA has a reason to sell them cheaply, they'd be exactly the kind of players Montreal tends to go for - Newhook, Dach, Barron were all in similar situations.

That being said, LA fans have been clear there's no reason to move them, and I think the asking price might be too high for Montreal's liking. At the draft, when their contracts are up, I could see either of them going to Montreal in a deal including Winnipeg's first, though.
You would consider moving Pegs 1st for one of those 2?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Not a good reader i guess.
Just send you this package.

1707259927689.jpeg

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm not sure I get the point of this for either team.

LA doesn't have a good reason to move Turcotte right now. Kaliyev maybe, but I don't really see a move there that makes sense from Montreal's POV (at least based on Kings fans)

I don't know why Fowler wouldn't be available and I understand being high on Kaliyev and Turcotte's upside, but its not 2021 and they're not top-50 prospects anymore. You can just say they're not available if you're asking for prospects like Hutson.
When you say Fowler are you talking Jacob? I f so no he's not available. He's our future #1 .

Just send you this package.

View attachment 815462
Any idea if the drink is any good?

Reactions: viceroy

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
To MTL-Turcotte, Arty, and LA 3rd rounder 2025
To LA-2024 1st round pick top 3 protected (2025 if MTL picks 1-3) and 2024 2nd round pick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
To LA-2024 1st round pick top 3 protected (2025 if MTL picks 1-3) and 2024 2nd round pick
Habs should be picking in the top 5. How good of a prospect can we expect from #4/5?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No. Just no.

You are either unaware of top 4-6 value is or you are and just throwing it at the wall to see if it sticks. Or you're baiting.

Mods...hello.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
OP let me guess... you want these players and your offer is one of Gallaghar/Dvorak + Harris pacakge?

Reactions: kinghock

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
You would consider moving Pegs 1st for one of those 2?
Say Turcotte seems healthy and has a strong 2nd half.... why not ? He'd be a better risk/return profile for us than picking someone who'll be 7 years younger than Suzuki and unlikely to make an impact for 3 years.

Similar reasoning for Kaliyev.

But there's no way I'd look at moving Montreal's own first for either, or even both. Moving a top-5 or top-10 pick only makes sense if you're getting a high-end young performer, and these guys aren't there (yet?).

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Given what came out in an article where his teamates were glad he was gone and resigned with the team....I'm done with him.

Lazy is one thing, toxic is another. Combined it's over.

That article was misrepresenting. Hellebuyck said the PLD trade had a positive impact on him re-signing as the Jets got win-now pieces as opposed to pure futures which would have made him consider not re-signing. Rick Bowness also made a pitch to PLD in the summer to get him sign long term with the Jets, doubt he would have done that if the top players had a problem with him. I am not a fan of the player but that article is misconstruing things to make him look worse.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Say Turcotte seems healthy and has a strong 2nd half.... why not ? He'd be a better risk/return profile for us than picking someone who'll be 7 years younger than Suzuki and unlikely to make an impact for 3 years.

Similar reasoning for Kaliyev.

But there's no way I'd look at moving Montreal's own first for either, or even both. Moving a top-5 or top-10 pick only makes sense if you're getting a high-end young performer, and these guys aren't there (yet?).
Are these guys any better then Roy or Beck or Mesar?

Are they going to be likely top 6?

Unless they come cheap, i don't care much in adding more mid 6 players.

Reactions: biturbo19

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That article was misrepresenting. Hellebuyck said the PLD trade had a positive impact on him re-signing as the Jets got win-now pieces as opposed to pure futures which would have made him consider not re-signing. Rick Bowness also made a pitch to PLD in the summer to get him sign long term with the Jets, doubt he would have done that if the top players had a problem with him. I am not a fan of the player but that article is misconstruing things to make him look worse.
Look at the timing. If memory serves me right, these guys wanted out at the same time as PLD and they signed after he left.

I just don't see any good outcomes unless PLD does a full 180 degree turn. And that is most likely with LA then another team trading for him. The conteact is simply too toxic and could cost a GM his job.

This is coming from an ex fan of his. Well, not him personally but what i thought he may bring to the Habs.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Are these guys any better then Roy or Beck or Mesar?

Are they going to be likely top 6?

Unless they come cheap, i don't care much in adding more mid 6 players.
Everyone wants sure-thing top-6 players, but they are really hard to find. I'd say trading for either of these 2 is more likely to give a top-6 player than using a draft pick and get a guy who blooms when Suzuki is 30.

Saying "I only want stars" is the kind of thing that will make trade discussions here pointless, since everyone wants stars or potential stars.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Everyone wants sure-thing top-6 players, but they are really hard to find. I'd say trading for either of these 2 is more likely to give a top-6 player than using a draft pick and get a guy who blooms when Suzuki is 30.

Saying "I only want stars" is the kind of thing that will make trade discussions here pointless, since everyone wants stars or potential stars.
Did i say stars?

I like more Tofolli type top 6. Never a stsr but always usable and effective top 6. 50-60 point producers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad