Value of: Turcotte + Kaliyev to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Beck, Roy, Hutson, Reinbacher and Fowler…. Undesirable. LOL

Blake finds Kaliyev undesirable!!

Blake’s job is on the line. None of those guys help the roster today. Not that I agree with that strategy, but I do believe it’s the strategy.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kaliyev for one of our LHD not named Ghule, X or Hutson or Barron, but not for 1st rounder.

His trajectory has taken a sharp drop and I don't know enough about the player or the reason. I trust Hughes can do his due diligence.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Blake’s job is on the line. None of those guys help the roster today. Not that I agree with that strategy, but I do believe it’s the strategy.
Blake made a grave error with Dubois so he may be in survival mode.

Trading Kaliyev for a producing forward even if slightly older would help, but we don't have much in mid 20s forwards. Closest would be Evans but that will leave our thin center even worse. And he's older. We have a late 2nd we can add but I don't know if Kaliyev downturn is permanent. We do NOT need 30 point players.

So the trade is not out of the realm of possible, but unlikely.

Dubois would fix the problem if he fixes himself, but it's a trade is a risk that can destroy a team as much as help it.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
It does not make sense for Habs to trade for players who do not show much top 6 potential. Both are 22 and their trajectory does not indicate that potential.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What do you expect to get in return? Any producing forward will likely have a caphit the kings can’t accommodate. A productive forward with low caphit won’t be traded especially for a disappointing return like Kaliyev.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Kaliyev for one of our LHD not named Ghule, X or Hutson or Barron, but not for 1st rounder.

His trajectory has taken a sharp drop and I don't know enough about the player or the reason. I trust Hughes can do his due diligence.
none of yours LHD not named Ghule, X or Hutson or Barron is needed by Kings.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
It does not make sense for Habs to trade for players who do not show much top 6 potential. Both are 22 and their trajectory does not indicate that potential.
OP came from Montreal fan and now another Montreal fan states that trade for Kaliev and Turcotte will not make sense for their team.
This is what Kings fans were saying from beginning.
Neither team will need/like this trade.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Blake made a grave error with Dubois so he may be in survival mode.

Trading Kaliyev for a producing forward even if slightly older would help, but we don't have much in mid 20s forwards. Closest would be Evans but that will leave our thin center even worse. And he's older. We have a late 2nd we can add but I don't know if Kaliyev downturn is permanent. We do NOT need 30 point players.

So the trade is not out of the realm of possible, but unlikely.

Dubois would fix the problem if he fixes himself, but it's a trade is a risk that can destroy a team as much as help it.

Evans is a dime a dozen player. Trading Kaliyev for him would be stupid.

Reactions: kinghock

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Barron is a RHD
we are stacked there.

Montreal and LA do not make good trade partners.

Blake has a situation where he is rumored to want a forward with grit, and if Kaliyev is the sacrificial lamb we have to remember he basically makes league minimum and Kings have next to no cap space.

I ask, what forward with grit would you get that makes league minimum that the Kings would be willing to trade Kaliyev for. There is not much for quality at that price point out there which scares me.

Now if Blake attached Kaliyev to Roy then you add a bit of cap space as Roy's 3+ million is replaced by Clarke's basic $1 million, leaving Blake with about $3 million in cap space to replace Kaliyev.

Unfortunately at this point I can not find anyone or any team that would want Roy and Kaliyev and have a $3 mil gritty forward worth that package.

I wish Blake had $4 mil + a year and the Coyotes would talk Crouse. He would be a perfect fit.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Literally everyone who answered has not listed a potential asking price. I’m asking what would it take. I didn’t mention anything about our “3 mediocre goalies”. Why we tearing down players who weren’t mentioned.

Just asked what the cost could look like. Every response is no won’t be done. It’s either you can’t gauge the value and just say it won’t be done, or you throw out an asking price. It’s not hard.

It’s hypothetical, what would be the asking price?
People seem to forget that they aren't actually running these teams when they say things like "team has no interest in moving so and so" in an attempt to shut down hypothetical discussions on a fantasy hockey forum.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I don't have any desire to trade one or both of them.
What purpose would that serve, having a rebuild coming up?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
People seem to forget that they aren't actually running these teams when they say things like "team has no interest in moving so and so" in an attempt to shut down hypothetical discussions on a fantasy hockey forum.
But, those responses are better than counter responses on here which is often the likes of gallagher +2nd for the other team's star player.

Reactions: kinghock

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
But, those responses are better than counter responses on here which is often the likes of gallagher +2nd for the other team's star player.
Dubois is the other teams star player? Many balk at offering Gallagher + a 2nd for that Star player.

Reactions: viceroy

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Again what star player in the thread was Gallagher and a 2nd offered for or is this just another typical BS post which we seem to see all the time.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Again what star player in the thread was Gallagher and a 2nd offered for or is this just another typical BS post which we seem to see all the time.
It doesn’t just happen in this thread. It is something you see in general. Like ceci + 2nd for a star was a thing bout Toronto. Which is way worse than simply saying no my team is not interested and killing the hypothetical trade.
So if commenting on BS in itself is BS in a general way, when commenting on how someone said you can’t just kill the hypothetical trade you are not the gm, then yes more bs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad