Value of: Turcotte + Kaliyev to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Well look at that the fan asking for some of Mtl’s top prospects for players that have been disappointing. That is not a fair trade.

But for a fair trade MTL has Jordan Harris or Jayden Struble that can be added to second round pick(s) and or Jesse Yloven/Sean Farrel. Not sure if La needs left D though.

PS. Hockey DB won’t give you the right picture of these 2 Ds that play a pretty complete game and have a potential to become top 4 Ds
I do not agree with your opinion about Turcotte and Kaliev (players that have been disappointing).
Turcotte was slowed down by injuries, but currently playing great.
Kaliev was misused by former coach, but very talented young player and could succeed with new coach.
If you have no interest in trading your top value for them there is no reason for Kings to make a trade.
P.S. You can keep Jordan Harris or Jayden Struble with your team.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
I do not agree with your opinion about Turcotte and Kaliev (players that have been disappointing).
Turcotte was slowed down by injuries, but currently playing great.
Kaliev was misused by former coach, but very talented young player and could succeed with new coach.
If you have no interest in trading your top value for them there is no reason for Kings to make a trade.
P.S. You can keep Jordan Harris or Jayden Struble with your team.
Your top 5 pick from a pretty great draft who scored his first halfway in his d+5 season is not disappointing? You’re hard to man to disappoint I’ll give you that.

Last edited:

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
You’re top 5 pick from a pretty great draft who scored his first halfway in his d+5 season is not disappointing? You’re hard to man to disappoint I’ll give you that.
There is no reason for Kings to trade players on verge of breakthrough for inferior pieces or trade quality for quantity.

It'd ask for Dach (though injured and out for the year) + Xhekaj + his 2023 drafted brother. Kings might add a 2024 4th rounder to even out the deal.
This is the kind of trade Montreal fans will be exited about.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
LA has no reason to trade these players to Montreal for not needed pieces.
Montreal fans have no interest in fair hockey trades.
Fowler, Hutson and Roy are not available from Montreal means Kaliev and Turcotte are not available from LA.

P.S. Please keep your 3 mediocre goalies on your team.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
You do not have any prospects/players on your team equal in quality to Clarke.
Yes i know I know Kings prospects are the best, Clarke and Turcotte will set your team up for the next decade. Let’s all bow to your team’s greatness and just hand out the next 5 cups to them right away. Oh wait kings are not making the playoffs this year, you can have the 5 ones starting next season then

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Yes i know I know Kings prospects are the best, Clarke and Turcotte will set your team up for the next decade. Let’s all bow to your team’s greatness and just hand out the next 5 cups to them right away. Oh wait kings are not making the playoffs this year, you can have the 5 ones starting next season then
And your team won title in 1993 and so many titles since…

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
At least Kings still have 3 players on their team who won their titles and for Montreal team players it is more like urban legends.
Bragging about a cup win 10 year ago is not much of a brag. Don’t laugh to hard about the Habs’ pathetic record since their last win because looking at the Kings lineup it well setup to fall in that no man land the Habs got stuck. Aging stars, pretty average players to replace them and pretty much 1 quality prospects in Clarke is setting the team to be good enough to draft late but never a contender. No a great place to be frankly

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Bragging about a cup win 10 year ago is not much of a brag. Don’t laugh to hard about the Habs’ pathetic record since their last win because looking at the Kings lineup it well setup to fall in that no man land the Habs got stuck. Aging stars, pretty average players to replace them and pretty much 1 quality prospects in Clarke is setting the team to be good enough to draft late but never a contender. No a great place to be frankly
Kings could do bragging about a cup win 10 years ago, but Canadiens can only brag about a cup with 30 years ago.
Your team is really in better position.

Kings could do bragging about a cup win 10 years ago, but Canadiens can only brag about a cup win 30 years ago.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Turcotte has been great this season and doesn't have much trade value. There's a lot more value in holding on to him and seeing how he progresses. No reason for LA to trade him.
There is a reason for LA to trade him.
Montreal wants him and this reason should good enough.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Kings could do bragging about a cup win 10 years ago, but Canadiens can only brag about a cup with 30 years ago.
This is getting into a pissing contest but Habs fan like to brag about having won the most cups in the league and not about having won a cup 30 years ago.

I like the direction Montreal is heading. Not sure lots of Kings fan like the direction their team is heading

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
This is getting into a pissing contest but Habs fan like to brag about having won the most cups in the league and not about having won a cup 30 years ago.

I like the direction Montreal is heading. Not sure lots of Kings fan like the direction their team is heading
OK, you like the direction Montreal is heading and you do not need to steal LA prospects for your surplus players/prospects.
By the way not all Kings fans dislike the direction their team is heading.
Bad coach was fired, bad manager should be next to go and team should be just fine.

Reactions: Cenzo_

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
When I look at Montreals roster I get tunnel vision and concentrate on Guhle.

He is exactly who LA would need, and exactly who Montreal wouldn’t give up

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
OK, you like the direction Montreal is heading and you do not need to steal LA prospects for your surplus players/prospects.
By the way not all Kings fans dislike the direction their team is heading.
Bad coach was fired, bad manager should be next to go and team should be just fine.
...unless Bergevin is his replacement

Reactions: Anardil

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Literally everyone who answered has not listed a potential asking price. I’m asking what would it take. I didn’t mention anything about our “3 mediocre goalies”. Why we tearing down players who weren’t mentioned.

Just asked what the cost could look like. Every response is no won’t be done. It’s either you can’t gauge the value and just say it won’t be done, or you throw out an asking price. It’s not hard.

It’s hypothetical, what would be the asking price?
You are asking a question guaranteed to get a "mine is bigger then yours" spit fight.

We need top 6 youngsters and should be willing to put our multiple 1st and more on the line. We absolutely do NOT need mid range forwards when we have Roy, Mesar, Beck and Farrel on the immidiate horizon.

Sorry but the thread is really not thought out based on our needs.

Reactions: MoneyManny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad