TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ll take it out and then we will let the chips fall as they may.

There. I’ve taken it out. BTW, I learned about this story last Summer I believe. So it’s not new.

And one day, it might come out.
Just saw an item on that schlock site, reprising some of what you had stated but with less detail, in a more veiled manner: Link

It’s H30, so it’s worth what it’s worth. Maybe someone more credible will run with it.

Reactions: dinodebino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I went to high school with Renaud's Grilfriend, they have been together for a very long time. They met when they both worked at RDS on l'Antichambre. Renaud is 16 years older witch was weird to me as she was 20 years old at the time...
The story makes me feel bad about poking fun at Renaud during the draft last year.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ll take it out and then we will let the chips fall as they may.

There. I’ve taken it out. BTW, I learned about this story last Summer I believe. So it’s not new.

And one day, it might come out.
Clickbait site H30 at it again with yet another blurb today, supporting your account of what transpired: Garbage Site Link

Only a matter of time when a more reputable source will come forward.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey
Why did tony get kicked off 690?
He wanted to do his Sick podcast without station affiliation and they said no. I think they didn’t like that the podcast was competing with his morning show and was drawing from the same guest pool as 690.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Hey
Why did tony get kicked off 690?
He resigned, guess there is one of his podcasts where he partly explained it.

TSN 690 gives midday show to Campbell and Gallo after Marinaro resigns | Fagstein ....
The rumoured explanation, which happens to fit the facts, is that Bell Media or local TSN 690 management was unhappy about his podcast, which started in December 2020, and gave him an ultimatum. Marinaro said he stuck with the podcast to fulfill a promise to creator Sammy Cavallaro. He mentioned that his TSN show was doing well in the ratings and it was his decision to leave.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
TVA cutting over 100 employees, I wonder how many will come from TVA Sports.
And to make matters worse, Péladeau this morning on Arcand, practically announced that TVA Sports could be folding. “(…) il y a un certain nombre de considérations qui ne militent pas pour la perspective d’une réussite en ce qui concerne TVA Sports”.

I expect an announcement once the NHL season is done.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
“This is Luca Scott. The Saint Woo-wiss Blues proceeded to a trade .. Also Mikko Rantanit … and the Calina Hurricanes …”

Sprinkled with several word stutters, bizarre sounds and other mispronunciations. All of these goodies from a newscast that barely lasted a minute or so.

This is what happens when you just randomly leave your radio on 690 — amateur hour ramped up to the power of 10.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Simon Tsakilis in today to do sports updates.

Someone please tell him that there is no “ah” in front of “TSN690.”

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Get a kick out of Melnick, second time I've heard him do this.

He does a long spiel for a succulent, tasty, mouth watering food commercial...and not long afterwards he starts talking about urinals. Guy knows how to wet an appetite.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Get a kick out of Melnick, second time I've heard him do this.

He does a long spiel for a succulent, tasty, mouth watering food commercial...and not long afterwards he starts talking about urinals. Guy knows how to wet an appetite.
Melnick opened yesterday’s show with urinals. The guy has lost it, pretty gross to have to listen to that over several minutes.

Reactions: Chili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad