TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
No. He didn't do it for any specific writer. He just did it so Post Media doesn't let go someone else.

He was Marinaro's podcast last night. And he said that in the Zoom meeting where all the writers were told they'd have to cut a lot of staff, Hickey saw that a lot of the younger writers were stressed and upset because they have young families and mortgages. So he thought of it there that he is in a good place financially and has done this job for very long. So he decided to retire in order for Post Media not to fire someone else.

Good move by Pat Hickey, much respect.

My cynical side tells me Post Media will still cut the same amount of people anyways.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Good move by Pat Hickey, much respect.

My cynical side tells me Post Media will still cut the same amount of people anyways.

knowing them they’ll find a way to cut more
What are the odds Jack Todd opts out to save a job for a younger person? We already know he wouldn't opt in to the Vietnam draft to save another person from getting drafted. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any time an article of his is posted here it's saying shit everyone knows, or everyone else has already said.
The content on Montreal Now can be rather diluted, repetitive and regurgitative but that’s a function of them having Marco write a daily piece even when there is no news to sink their teeth into.

There is a difference between that and how knowledgeable and analytical Marco comes across in a radio setting in both languages.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Was bored and watched some SIIIIICK podcast...won't lie, this part had me LOL'ing
*Start at 35:00 min mark (he was previously making fun of Laraque always doing interviews on his pillow)

----> YouTube

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The content on Montreal Now can be rather diluted, repetitive and regurgitative but that’s a function of them having Marco write a daily piece even when there is no news to sink their teeth into.

There is a difference between that and how knowledgeable and analytical Marco comes across in a radio setting in both languages.

Just seems any article posted here is just stating the same.

While i cant get Montreal radio unless i use the i heart radio app/online, i wouldnt anyways. Tsn 1200 are a bit of homers, but theyre far more reasonable abd intelligent than any English radio for Montreal sports ive heard. French articles dont see to be the smartest. It's a really sad state for us hab fans where it's hard to find someone with any intelligence to talk about hockey.

He called it a career over a decade ago.
I remember that, but I think it was more alluding to just being a complete shit journalist like the rest of them jnstead of moderately useless.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
New weekend morning show on TSN690 that I will never listen too with Alfieri, Simon and Dave Trentadue
Always the same recycled sorts. Simon and his dumb quizzes and real estate quips, the return of Alfieri who was supposedly gone for good and got a lengthy farewell show last year that featured cringy comments from his gushing dad and the somnambulant Dave 32.

What’s Alfieri going to contribute — an endless string of Als commentary? Maybe Matthew Ross will be back doing infomercials from Royal Ceramic.

• Haha
Reactions: Schooner Guy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Louis Jean getting snuffed out at TVA Spanre since mid-December, is an ongoing mystery.

Maybe our own @dinodebino who used to be in the media business, can shed some light? Otherwise, we’re going to have to see if we can get @Adam Michaels to use his Twitter account to get anyone in the media business to respond and get to the bottom of it.

I don’t remember ever seeing a well known mainstream Franco sports media personality being removed from a network without an official announcement of his whereabouts and the details behind its decision, for such a lengthy period of time since his removal.

The last time a similar event occurred, the host of AC ended up quitting but at least the details regarding his scandal came out almost immediately. Not with Louis Jean — no one appears to want to talk about it other than the generalities put out by Michel Villeneuve and Tom Lapointe.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I won't denounce my source, but let's just say that one person who does some work with the hockey coverage crew told me that Louis Jean had an affair with Renaud Lavoie's girlfriend, who also works at TVA Sports. I am ready to vouch for my source (a mod can PM me on this no problem). Not there to start ragging on Renaud nor Louis, but it did happen, if I'm to believe the source. I knew this story from a while back. So it did not come as a surprise to me when Louis Jean was unceremoniously cut from the team. In fact, my source's reaction was : 'They finally did it.'
Lololol love this kind of gossip!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I won't denounce my source, but let's just say that one person who does some work with the hockey coverage crew told me that Louis Jean had an affair with Renaud Lavoie's girlfriend, who also works at TVA Sports. I am ready to vouch for my source (a mod can PM me on this no problem). Not there to start ragging on Renaud nor Louis, but it did happen, if I'm to believe the source. I knew this story from a while back. So it did not come as a surprise to me when Louis Jean was unceremoniously cut from the team. In fact, my source's reaction was : 'They finally did it.'
We have ourselves a scoop! That certainly explains how everything has been kept hush hush so far. Thanks @dinodebino, the whole thing makes so much sense now.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I just pledged 20 million. Now you can never question if I follow through without being a hypocrite.

I never said I do not like him. I like him quite a bit. The part I never liked was the PR bs he felt the need to get involved in. It's the PKstans who cried racist the moment the question "did he ever make it to 10M?" was asked.
I know it's early but how much have you raised so far? Hopefully you don't leave the city anytime soon as that will make fundraising much harder.

I think it was Marinaro and Laraque that said, players should put their philanthropic endeavours out there to the media and the public so people can be more aware and raise more awareness and money, it's simple Marketing 101.

Also, I know from a few parents that PK would often pass by the hospital to see the kids, no media, no attention, no public eye.

It's despicable that the JdeMtl wrote that story, so what if he hasn't gotten to the 10 Million mark yet, was there a deadline for this? Unless PK is skimming money from his foundation there's no negative story here.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
I know it's early but how much have you raised so far? Hopefully you don't leave the city anytime soon as that will make fundraising much harder.

Just like PK I am failing hard. We are a couple of fund raising busts! Unlike PK, I did not demand my name be put on an atrium before shitting the fundraising bed, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad