TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
How much did you give exactly?
Ah. Right
I gave the exact amount I said I would give.
I didn't feel the need to promise a crazy amount to get my name on an atrium.

517907430da3c302-5cd1-41da-a4fe-85ca5c0e7fc6_ORIGINAL.jpg

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
So you gave a Toony, nice, go you, way to break a five
But no keep banging on that drum, the beat isn’t getting old don't worry, I'm sure we'll get to the real reason you don't like him any day now too.
I just pledged 20 million. Now you can never question if I follow through without being a hypocrite.

I never said I do not like him. I like him quite a bit. The part I never liked was the PR bs he felt the need to get involved in. It's the PKstans who cried racist the moment the question "did he ever make it to 10M?" was asked.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I just pledged 20 million. Now you can never question if I follow through without being a hypocrite.

I never said I do not like him. I like him quite a bit. The part I never liked was the PR bs he felt the need to get involved in. It's the PKstans who cried racist the moment the question "did he ever make it to 10M?" was asked.

not sure that makes him a hypocrite at all

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like Habes EOTP is done. Vox Media, who owns all the SB Nation hockey websites for each team is turning away from hockey coverage. So the Habs EOTP is no more, as well as every other NHL team's version of it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Like what? Pledge 10M and then fall way short?

How the hell do you think he raised that money? Magic?
And also, let's not forget there was 2 years lost that he couldn't raise anything due to the pandemic.

But yeah, if you see that he ''felt short'' and don't see the 6.3M he raised......that makes a bias hater with an agenda.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Looks like Habes EOTP is done. Vox Media, who owns all the SB Nation hockey websites for each team is turning away from hockey coverage. So the Habs EOTP is no more, as well as every other NHL team's version of it.

Disappointing news. I hope they find another partner or some way to keep going. They produce good content considering non of it was behind a paywall.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Disappointing news. I hope they find another partner or some way to keep going. They produce good content considering non of it was behind a paywall.
agreed. I like'd EOTP after a certain someone left and went to work in Analytics. Just surprising that Vox couldn't come up with new ways to monetize after all the traffic they got.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The guy who runs National Hockey Now, which is the company that runs Montreal Hockey Now and other cities, tweeted out that anyone who was laid off can contact him. So he will surely provide opportunities for many of the writers.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018

They’re not necessarily done I think. They are looking for other funding including reader sponsorship. If you go to this link they explain and there is a link to Patreon where readers can opt to support EOTP. Bottom Six Minutes: Thank you, goodnight

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Could definitely get on board with this. I’ve heard Marco do a Hab pre-game show as a guest pundit and he brought a fresh, interesting perspective. Also heard him on Franco radio sports shows and again, he came across as knowledgeable and well spoken.

Knowing 690, they’d probably force a co-host on him, someone with no on air experience plucked from the control room and call the show “Marco vs. (insert turd name here)”.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Could definitely get on board with this. I’ve heard Marco do a Hab pre-game show as a guest pundit and he brought a fresh, interesting perspective. Also heard him on Franco radio sports shows and again, he came across as knowledgeable and well spoken.

Knowing 690, they’d probably force a co-host on him, someone with no on air experience plucked from the control room and call the show “Marco vs. (insert turd name here)”.

Any time an article of his is posted here it's saying shit everyone knows, or everyone else has already said.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Listening to their segment with Dreger and you can hear someone typing and breathing. Not constantly thankfully, but way too much. I'm listening to it on headphones, so maybe that's why I can hear it more, but that's amateur shit.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yea I saw it this morning. He is retiring so he can leave his spot for a younger sportswriter. He'll finish the season and then ride off into the sunset.

Good on Hickey.

I keep hearing that Hickey retired to save a job for a younger writer. Does anyone know who that younger writer might be?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I keep hearing that Hickey retired to save a job for a younger writer. Does anyone know who that younger writer might be?

No. He didn't do it for any specific writer. He just did it so Post Media doesn't let go someone else.

He was Marinaro's podcast last night. And he said that in the Zoom meeting where all the writers were told they'd have to cut a lot of staff, Hickey saw that a lot of the younger writers were stressed and upset because they have young families and mortgages. So he thought of it there that he is in a good place financially and has done this job for very long. So he decided to retire in order for Post Media not to fire someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad